PDA

View Full Version : 40mm Offset

Anonymous
05-11-00, 11:56 AM
Ive just taken my wheels off to fold the arches and it says the offest is 40?? i put some tape on the arch so that it would scrub the tap off the arch here it rubbed and only hits the back of the arch. Is there anything i should do, the car seems to be handling fine, and it only scrubs if you hit a bump i just cant get any passengers in.Thought about skimming the drums slightly, but then its fucking about with the offset again and im really not sure which way to go...

Any help much appreciated

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:00 PM
wait, ihad the same problem, u know the lip on your arches that bends in, well DONT grind it off cos its an M.O.T failure, get some1 to fold them up and get it sealed, the wheel shouldn't rub the arch then, i know its a bastard cos i could only have me and 1 passenger in

if u want more info email me cossieking@hotmail.com

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:01 PM
how much was it to get your arches folded?

Anonymous
05-11-00, 05:16 PM
if the wheel only catches at the back (which is the mainpiont for nova wheels to catch) then think about grinding the lip of at the back only (or trim it down as much as needed)

if u do this then u will still have plenty ov spot welds in the rear quarters for stregnth and no need to paint the rear arches.

beware though u might think they only catch at the back but once that section is removed the odds are the will catch sumwhere else as well (becuase the part that rubs keeps the car up over a bump and when its gone the car will sit lower after a bump and catch sumwhere else

if u grind em dont forget to seal em back up with sealent