PDA

View Full Version : which car will win it ???

Ric 16v
03-10-02, 02:50 PM
if u have been reading revs over the past few months u will have noticed that there doing a test/race between a astra gte 16v with nos and a renault 5 gt turbo (hairdryer !!) I personaly think the astra will win and leave that 1.4 hairdryer they call a car standing !!!!!! what do ya recon then ???

GR
03-10-02, 03:34 PM
GTE will shit all over it.

Is it completely standard models though ??

The way some 5's are tuned, it could kill off the GTE easily.

Ric 16v
03-10-02, 04:00 PM
the only thing the GTE has had is nos (100bhp I think)

GR
03-10-02, 04:14 PM
It all depends really if the Renault5 has had the tits tuned off it.

More than likely if its straight outta charisma or GT Tuning, can't dipute they are quick.

My moneys still on the Astra complete with NOS. :twisted:

?Marty?
03-10-02, 04:20 PM
Or it'll just blow itself to pieces. :lol:

When i read the title i thought' which car will win? i.e. Who's going to have a 'better car'? DJP_Y2K or Matt, with his flying machine? :lol:

I love those 'my car's better than yours' arguments.

rob.slader
03-10-02, 04:24 PM
The R5 GTT will probably get 10 yards and blow a gearbox or overheat, thats what they usually do best!

Ric 16v
03-10-02, 04:39 PM
the renault 5 has had a turbo overhaul from bb tuning, full throttle shift kit (unfitted), high octane fuel, stainless exhaust, new acuator and in car adjustable boost kit !!!!!! the, astra has got nitrous system, and that's it they have both had race tyres etc put on them !!!! the astra will kick its arse !!!!! :D :D :D come on !!!!!

djp_y2k
03-10-02, 06:23 PM
Yo Marty wots with this stuff about my cars better than yours thing.

To be honest if someone had put that as a post I reckon the flying machine would win as it sounds alot more interesting, and seems to have better ideas.

I really wouldnt want to know, as I may get disheartened and give up building mine.

I reckon the astra would win it has more power to start with plus the nos

R5 is a standard 1.4 until the turbo kicks in.

Ben (lurk75)
03-10-02, 06:28 PM
is it a drag race? if so the r5gtt will win hands down

lighter and quicker 0-60 etc but if its any longer it will blow up :lol:

carltoncrazy
03-10-02, 08:20 PM
ren 5 starts,then blows up,
astra i hope.
prefere the astra ne days

?Marty?
04-10-02, 12:21 AM
It's coz this is Novaload, so i thought the poll would be about Nova's. Before reading it i thought, hmm....what cars?....he must mean one's off novaload....... both Dan and Matt are building mad cars, where as everyone else seems to just be 'plodding' along. So i assumed it'd be a poll on which one we prefer or whatever.
Though that wouldn't be possible, as the cars are both looking to be individual, so no fair comparisson could be made. And come to think of it, i don't even know why i thought that.

Matt Finary
04-10-02, 10:19 AM
Don't give up Dan :o , I love your car mate and you have given me idea's for the Flying Machine.

Matt :)

Phil16v
04-10-02, 02:03 PM
drag race, track race or top speed?
Astras nice and torquey and the nos'll give it a right kick up the ass!!
R5 if done right will fly but doesn't have the capacity to cope with high speeds as well - it's only a 1.4 after all. In the end there is no subsitute for a big engine - turbo or not!

jon_boy
04-10-02, 04:32 PM
LOL sum1 i know (mark ralph/ralf) had a 5 turbo that beat all the charisma and GTT one's at the last santa pod meet that all the renaults went too. and if its one like that then its won easy... but then ive never seen an astra go so maybe....

Ric 16v
04-10-02, 06:08 PM
it's just like a competition, who's car is fastest and has more power (astra) the astra did 18.26 seconds to 100mph and 1/4 mile in 14.31 seconds I think they used the nos but not sure !!! read revs and find out