PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so1o
03-10-02, 11:58 AM
Ive got a 1.0L Nova, F plate. I wanna do this up, nova dose kit, alloys etc, i know it sounds stupid to do a 1.0L up but im thinking of keeping this car for a while as insurance is sky high on higher engines because i got a quote for a 1.6 and it was ?2400. The problem is in future i want to put a bigger engine, 2.0 Litre turbo conversion, will i have any other problems then the normal ones when doing an engine conversion and modifying the exterior. Im only asking this as i dont know to much about this stuff, so i would be really grateful if someone could let me know. This is gonna sound really stupid but is the nova 3 dr shape on a 1988 f plate the same as others?

so1o@hotmail.com

locky
03-10-02, 05:10 PM
Welcome 2 novaload m8, rite, ur q about the 1988 novas, the novas changed slightly in 1991, the dash changed, the front of the car changed, (lights, grille, front wings, bumpers) and i think thats it off the top of my head, im sure theres somthing else but cant remember atm!

Ben (lurk75)
03-10-02, 05:23 PM
Rear bumpers and seats :!:

The only other main problem with fitting a 16v engine to the 1.0L than the GTE/GSi's is the fuel pump but with the cost of the new engine and fitting etc the fuel pump is peanuts :lol:

so1o
03-10-02, 05:48 PM
Cheers for the replys people.

So if i was to do up my nova engine wise, fuel pump would need to be changed.

How much better would a nova dose kit look on a 91 and above model nova, or is there any point me doing up my nova?

Thanks

so1o@hotmail.com

Ben (lurk75)
03-10-02, 05:55 PM
i wont answer the question about the novadose kit :!: :wink:

BUT you can buy a facelift kit for about ?75-100 off of here (front bumper, wings,lights,grill,rear bumper) (i payed 50 for the lastone i bought :lol: ) this will make the outside of your car look exactly the same as the mk2 novas (post 91)

Aragorn
03-10-02, 06:52 PM
one thing i would point out is that the 2l turbo engine is a lot heavier than a standard nova engine (ie 1.0-1.6) and i would not reccomend using it

i would seriously consider a 1.6 8v or 16v engine with a turbo conversion, im sure u can get the 16v to the same power levels as the standard 2l turbo and it will be faster due to the weight difference and will handle better too, the 8v - the gte/gsi engine - can be got to 160bhp or so with the simple addition of the turbo and higher if head work etc is also done

infact look here: http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65439