PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 nova to 1.6 8v cav carb engine

valverjam
23-07-08, 09:44 PM
hi posting on behalf of a friend who does not have internet access, so go easy as i no bugger all about nova's,
basically if you wouldnt mind helping me out with a quick question please,

my mate has fitted a 1.6 8v carb engine out of a cavalier Mreg to his 1.0 nova, it had f13 gearbox on it, he used his original drive shafts and they fitted the box fine , car etc fine,

he then bought a f16 gearbox, with drive shafts (22 spline???) , but they wont fit his hubs, too long, am i right in thinking it just because there off a wider car therefore are longer,
and all he needs is MK2 Cavalier 1600 inner CV joints. then they will fit to his hubs? or am i totally totally wrong lol? help much appreciated,

had a search and coulndt find my answer, but saw this info on the "how to guide on fittinf 2 litre engine" thanks again, jam

Nobby
23-07-08, 10:44 PM
the f16 is a big block gearbox mate i dont thik it would fit anyway? correct me if im wrong. You are right with the shafts mate the cav 1s are way to wide you need either gte or TD 22 spline shafts with mk2 cav 1.6 inners. hope this helps?

Lee
23-07-08, 11:20 PM
The 1.6 cav engine is a big block. And its utterly useless im afraid lol.. He would have been far better fitting a GTe / GSi engine.

Anyway, your right, he just needs some of those inner CV's which will mate to nova 22 spline driveshafts (if his car was a 1.0 it most definately wont have these shafts so he'll need to source these as well. Look on ebay, or breakers yards for TD nova's, GTe's, and early GSi's)

valverjam
24-07-08, 11:08 AM
thx guys, brilliant help, ill pass this info onto him,

valverjam
01-08-08, 08:27 PM
right!!! got some inncer cv joints from a mk2 1.6 cav from chrisastley,

tried to mate them to my original 1.4 nova shafts, but un-successful,

they wont fit, but these are 22 spline? can any1 help me out?

what do i need to do to get these shafts to mate up with my f16 inners? or what shafts are needed from a different nova model?

NovaGuy1400SRi
01-08-08, 10:27 PM
you cant use the 1.4 shafts, as Lee said above, you need either gte/gsi or td shafts.