PDA

View Full Version : fpr ? what have i got and what can i use need?

ste porter
23-07-08, 07:39 PM
ok first question what fuel presure is the standard regulator on a let? (2.5bar?)

what fuel presure is a standard regulator on a very late diss pack xe
(3.0bar?)

what fuel presure would people advise i run on a let overboosting to 17psi and holding 14.4 (1 bar)?

i have been told i want to be around 3.5 bar fuel presure on full boost is this correct? or would a standard late type fpr (if they are 3.0bar) be ok the reason i ask this is because i have a late type engine hidden away in the shed i just havent had a chance to dig it out and if i dont need to spend over 100 pound pluss on a fpr then im not going to

alan b
23-07-08, 07:52 PM
on std yellows 3.8 bar is what you want @ full boost. afaik some v6 veccys have 2.5 bar regs, some say you should use a rising rate regulator but its not essential.

R1CH
23-07-08, 08:56 PM
What chip set you using to run that boost ? Evo 5 / Phase 2 ?
Std FPR is 3 bar, Phase 2 uses a 3.5 bar FPR (when on std yellow injectors).
I was running Phase 2 with a 3.5 bar FPR and running pretty much the same boost, my fueling was always spot on.

ste porter
23-07-08, 11:14 PM
where did you get a 3.5 bar fpr from and how much?

im using phase 2 and on standard yellows

what would people advise regulator wise other than fse?

i would like to keep a standard style regulator if possable were 3.5 bar ones fitted as standard to anything?

R1CH
23-07-08, 11:39 PM
My reg came from Regal as part of the Phase 2 kit, i know there available seperatly but not sure if they came fitted to any other Vaux ?
Folk generally say to steer clear of the FSE regs, best bet if going for an adjustable one is a Weber (fitted to Cossies) or a SARD one.
If your wanting any more info on LET's then VauxSport.co.uk is probly the place to ask / find out.

Lee H
24-07-08, 08:27 AM
The 3.5 bar one Regal supply is a 3.0 bar one thats been crushed slightly to bring the pressure up to 3.5 bar so if you fancy a bodge and have a pressure gauge you could always do it that way.