PDA

View Full Version : my driving test!

bob
03-10-02, 10:00 AM
Alrite peeps,as alot of you will know,I got my license revoked for being a naughty boy. I have learnt the error of my ways only too well now,and I got my practical test coming up soon.
Thing is,Im more worried about it than my original test! it isnt an extended test, but I really am worried, cos I really want my license back! anyone got any handy hints on how to pass? check ur mirrors shedloads etc?

GR
03-10-02, 10:06 AM
I take it then that you got the ' six points in two years ' treatment ?
I thought if you were banned like that, you did have to sit an extended test ???

Better hope you pass before they introduce that new 'Virtual Reality' theory driver test thingy or whatever it is.

All i'd say is check all three mirrors all the time, watch your speed and don't let any old habits interfere in your driving.

The obvious stuff really.
Good luck.

MattyWoo
03-10-02, 10:34 AM
I've got my test at 2:30 today, i've been trying to sort of forget about it, but its pretty difficult bvearing in mind i've been modding my car for 23 months, i went to college to forget about it yesterday, we did a case study on a driving school!!!!! ARGH!!
If i pass hopefully i'll be in Mk for the Novaload meet if thats still going ahead.
Matt

Nova1.6
03-10-02, 12:57 PM
Ok some tips,
Dont turn the stereo up loud.
Don't wheel spin it
Dont do a hand break coz u just drove past a fit lass
Dont speed.
Don't pick your nose.
Neil

wisewood
03-10-02, 01:05 PM
1. Keep speed below the speed limit by about 1 or 2 mph.. shows good control of speed.
2. Make sure you check all three mirrors at least every ten or 15 seconds and make it obvious you are checking them, ie move you head, not just your eyes.
3. DO NOT mess up your manouvers, 3 point turn etc.

Tilly
03-10-02, 01:21 PM
Keep Checking your mirrors at all times good use of handbrake
dont hesitate (like i did first time and failed). Remember when turning corners dont cross your arms etc like the cool way to drive always pass steering wheel through your hands.
You'll be fine if u done it once b4

I passed second time without a single hitch not 1 inky dinky mark on my test paper :lol:

MattyWoo
03-10-02, 01:25 PM
Cheers Guys
I'm just about to leave, so hoipefully in 2 hours time i will be posting to say woohoo i passed, but i ent too confident.
Cheers
(A Very SCARED) Matt

Tilly
03-10-02, 01:28 PM
:multi: Good Luck fingers crossed and stuff

wisewood
03-10-02, 01:49 PM
yeah good luck mate. :D

Ric 16v
03-10-02, 02:45 PM
my test is on the 11th of november at 8:40 am :o and I have a 1 hour lesson at 7:40 :o :o :o nothing like an early start !!!!

GR
03-10-02, 03:17 PM
Hope you did well.

MattyWoo
03-10-02, 04:00 PM
FAILURE!!!
I now hate all work men, all Vectra Drivers (No offence Mickey) and the Emergency stop.

Ric 16v
03-10-02, 04:02 PM
better luck next time mate

?Marty?
03-10-02, 04:02 PM
I'll sell you a full driving license. or even a passport. if you like.

Though you'll have to change your name to stavros, grow a handlebar mustache and have plastic surgery.

GR
03-10-02, 04:07 PM
Unlucky son, keep your head up, more people pass second time round then first.

?Marty?
03-10-02, 04:22 PM
My brother failed for a third time a few days ago. I passed first time. Oooooooooooooh, the fun i'm having! :lol:

bob
03-10-02, 05:10 PM
bad luck mate-it only take some idiot to make it all go tits up! yer I got more than 6 points in 1st 2 years,I got 9pts now, and thats in 16 months :( Ive been trying to do the obvious, but the driving instructor Im with seems a bit of a p.enis compared to my last one, but I didnt wanna go with my last one cos I feel bad to let him down.
It is true more people pass second time than first time, dont make u feel any better tho, cos uve still failed :( main reason I dont wanna fail is cos the test calendars fully booked till january 13th in my area :o mine was dated dec 13th,but I was lucky to land a cancellation this month! Im bricking it though :cry:

Chris LR
03-10-02, 07:53 PM
One handy hint is not to make fun of a examiners weight problem then find out that you've got the same examiner for your test, FAIL!!!!

Still second time around the examiner was ace, was laughing 'n' jokin and let me have the radio on. PASS!!!!!!!!

Jim
03-10-02, 08:58 PM
Feed the steering wheel.

3 point turns or "Turning the vehicle round 180 degrees" doesn't have to be done in 3 manouvers anymore.

Don't coast in neutral.

Don't hover your foot over the clutch (looks like your resting your foot on it)

Always drive with both hands on the wheel (except when changing gear)

If you make an error, correct it - this shows the examiner that you have awareness of your error.

Clutch control on a hill is a nice way to show your skill, but dont over-do it.

Use the handbrake when stationed for a long period of time.

Picture the Driving instructer naked :P JOKE ;)

Good Luck, you'll be fine. Perhaps ask Matty Woo (if he doesn't mind and isn't out stalking the examiner :lol: ) what he failed on, then you'll know what to look out for.

Jim

ade
04-10-02, 01:22 PM
mirror signal maveouver

And then pray you have a decent instructor that doesnt fail people coz its a certain time of the month (not period time - rumour has it they fail u for no reason when they reach a certain quote of passes).

Matty - Wot u fail on?

Bob - take yer time - concentrate and breath deeply.

Theres no rush to do things

And a 3 point turn isnt a 3 point turn anymore - its called a turn in the road.

wisewood
04-10-02, 01:38 PM
a turn in the road using both forward and reverse gears actually...

but 3 oint turn is what they expect, 5 at the most... 7 and you're gonna get marked down for it.

bob
06-10-02, 05:22 PM
I DID IT! mwuhahahahahahaha- second time Ive had to take my test, n passed 1st time both times! getting a complex over it all. I got 3 mnors-last time round I got 9,cant see any majic way to pass ur test, but if u got a long waiting date for a test,I was told to try ringing for cancellations friday afternoons cos thats when the extra dates are added!- I can get back to posing now then,got 3 months to catch up on

spanishfly
06-10-02, 07:12 PM
i got mine soon:( i passed first time last time with 4 minors, i reckon i'll fail, due to bad habits!!
i was going to use my motor but it will be difficult as the examner may not like the fact that he'll have harnesses, and i'll prob do ever 30 as i'll be used to it and it's hard to hide due to the big number on the digi dash!!!

Ash1
06-10-02, 09:06 PM
lo all
nice one for passing bob..
i have got my test on Friday !! i am compeating wiv my m8 he did his test yesterday and only got 3 minors..only one problem for me i have only had 12 lessons and my test on on friday at 3:27 , lol nice timing i will have all the little schoolies running around and mad women drivers.
(no offence cara/tilly) :D

bob
06-10-02, 10:53 PM
cheers peeps! - I had 4 lessons to get back into the swing of things,n it wasnt easy! :o
I now have 9pts on my license! gutting or wot? all my mates boot it now n pretend they beat me just cos they know I wwont race or owt :(

Ric 16v
07-10-02, 06:19 PM
my test is 4 weeks today, hope I pass !!!! :? :? :? :? :?