PDA

View Full Version : Why Men dont write advice colums

Dod
23-07-08, 09:34 AM
This was an advice colum written by an American Chap called Walt for a local News Paper. He wasnt very popular and so was axed. Heres one of the reasons why.....

"Dear Walt:
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.
I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely,
Mrs. Sheila Usk "

"Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walt "

wisewood
23-07-08, 09:39 AM
had this on email before. Walt is my hero.

Jack
23-07-08, 09:53 AM
Romans invented that joke in 457BC

wisewood
23-07-08, 09:56 AM
Did they have internal combustion then?

Dod
23-07-08, 09:57 AM
Yeah Jack ya flapping big bollox!!

FAIL

Jack
23-07-08, 10:13 AM
Yes, they did. Clever chaps them romans.

Dod
23-07-08, 10:16 AM
Ah, thats what they needed the roads for...

draper
23-07-08, 10:54 AM
dear shelia, if your husband is felling increasingly depressed and worthless you should do all you can to help him, remeber your vows "for better, for worse, in sickness and in health" after all he puts up with your mood swings once a month ;) i advise that you should of striped off and joined your husband and lady neighbour, possibly even called a few of your better looking girlfriends and got them round also (the ones you experimented with would be the best bet)

reagrds, draper AKA walt