PDA

View Full Version : *how to* request

NASTYNOVA
22-07-08, 06:58 PM
was wondering how to fi t a cigarette lighter into my spin, not a smoker so ive never thought bout it till i got a sat-nav!!

Jack
22-07-08, 07:19 PM
Is there a hole for one already? If not, I think you need to remove the blanking plate and fit the little centre bit that has the hole for a cigarette lighter.

In terms of wiring it in, all you need is a (fused) power wire and earth - if you're feeling REALLY clever you could splice a wire into the illumination loom and have it light up in the dark ;)

NASTYNOVA
22-07-08, 07:23 PM
i was waiting fro you to answer!! lol yeah theres a hole there, behind some ****ing plastic cover, any idea of what size fuse?? not bothered about lights and **** though!! thanks!! rep +

Jack
22-07-08, 07:27 PM
Fuse would depend what you plug into it I guess.

One mo and I'll see if Haynes says what the fuse size for a standard cigarette lighter is...

Jack
22-07-08, 07:29 PM
Fuse 18 according to Haynes, 20 amps. But that caters for a few things. If you're only running sat nav you may want to fit a smaller fuse, i.e. more suited to the sat nav itself

OR... hardwire the power supply for the sat nav

NASTYNOVA
22-07-08, 07:30 PM
cheers, ill just bang a 20 in!! never used a haynes before!! just funked bout till it worked!!

Spudly
22-07-08, 09:59 PM
Afaik all novas have the loom already and it is usually taped to the front of the heater matrix box roughly behind where the stereo sits, just have a nosey round with a torch or feel up behind there and you should come across it!