PDA

View Full Version : Twin Headlights?

?Marty?
03-10-02, 03:30 AM
What do people think about twin headlights on Mk2 Novas? Nice or not?

I'm fitting an Evo 5 front bumper for Stage 1 of my build (though i don't think i'll bother fitting big spotlights in it, just leave the blanks on) and can't decide whether it'd look better with a twin headlight conversion, or with the regular lights and a 'bad-boy' bonnet?

For Stage 2 i'll be carrying out a headlight transplant from a different Make/Model, and will be having custom-made bumpers and etc, so maybe it's pointless getting the twin headlights, if i'll be 'discarding' them later?! But then again, i may get bored/change my mind and end up selling the car before stage 2, so i want it to look best in the stage 1 condition.

djp_y2k
03-10-02, 10:51 AM
I dont think the twin headlights will make it look agressive enough. Stay with the original lights for now.

If you are changing the lights later on I wouldnt bother with the bad boy either as its just wastin money. but if your not changin them then get the bad boy.

Change the headlights now, be alot easier and look alot better.

v1nce
03-10-02, 03:53 PM
evo 5 bumper, twin head light wots the next step change ure name 2 lancy ????

+ no1 make mk2 quads anymore

?Marty?
03-10-02, 04:07 PM
I was going to steal Lancys! :lol:

What about brown paint? With different shades of brown?

Only messin'. :lol:

?Marty?
03-10-02, 04:15 PM
Yeah, i was going to get a headlight transplant, but i just want to get the car 'finished' now, as it's been vandalised so many times it looks like a right pile of shit.

I never actually liked the twin headlights on Novas, i think they look better on curvy cars, but i was looking at the front of Lancy's car, and thought 'it doesn't look bad'. Maybe i was pissed?

Plus I don't have a garage/driveway and if i do my own headlight transplant it'll take me aaaages, and if i pay someone then it'll cost loads. And it'll just delay the whole thing before i can get the car re-sprayed and kitted-up. I've been waiting for one thing or another for half a year now, and i can't be bothered waiting for anything anymore.

I should've bought that 2.2 Vtec Prelude. But no. I decided i was going to do up my nova instead. (Though i'm still glad i did though. Anyone can buy a Prelude, whereas my car's 'unique')

JOEFISH
03-10-02, 04:24 PM
don't like em :fist:

djp_y2k
03-10-02, 06:11 PM
I like lancy's car but I'm not all that fond of the front end.

I personally dont think twin headlights suit a jap styled nova.

Go for the bod boy then. Just remember to do what you want.

v1nce
03-10-02, 06:26 PM
hes (lancy) surrpose 2 b gettin riid of the twin lamp cuz they look crap when alined.

personal id get rid of them cuz they look crap 2 start with

Ben (lurk75)
03-10-02, 07:02 PM
geeessss its enough to put you off modifying your car as all anyone does is slag it off if they dont like it :!:

(myself included :oops: )

?Marty?
04-10-02, 02:47 AM
I'm guilty of that.

However, some people state that they welcome all opinions, but when you give them a negative one they start getting personal.

And it's not having a modified car that's the issue, but the personality of the person who owns it. If you make statements about other people (whether express or implied), aspechially when they're negative, based on your modified car, then you should expect comments in return.

I know that if you make a negative comment, then it makes it more likely that you will receive negative comments based purely on that fact.

There's nothing wrong with expressing negative opinions, as long as they are made honestly, and not with some kind of negative aim. Like jealousy, hate or whatever.

When people come over to talk to me about my car all they have is positive things to say, but i allways end up saying it's crap, why i think so, and pointing things out.

olly55
05-10-02, 11:06 AM
Marty that pic ion the siggy under ur name,

is that how u envisiage ur nova 2 b?

wat spoiler and bumper u got on it?
sorta loosk liek kingdom kit but maybe not, and them mirros r sex wat r they?

?Marty?
07-10-02, 12:39 AM
Well, the front and rear bumpers could be anything, couldn't they? Since you can't see them. The front one has had an angled section cut out and meshed.

The rear spoiler is a Carisma GT5 one, though it could just as easily be a Kingdom one. Both look the same.

The side-skirts are Carisma GT5 one's, with a cut out that's been meshed.

The wing mirrors are Civic Bomex one's.

The side vent/rear quarter's were my own creation.

The wheels are Kosei RG's.

?Marty?
07-10-02, 12:52 AM
Oh and my Nova is gonna be a lot better than that. If i ever get round to finishing it off, as i'm planning on doing it in stages. :?

The reason for this is that i get bored/lose interest very quickly, and decide that i'd rather be doing other stuff (other cars anyway). If i do it in stages (1 to 3) it'll cost less (more money 'saved' for my next project) and take less time with the car 'taken to bits'. Which is important so that i can sell it on quickly and easily to make room for my next project. And because i enjoy driving it and don't like waiting for anything. Obviously.

At the moment Stage one is in progress.

olly55
07-10-02, 10:13 AM
yea u right bout the bumpers cud b nething, the rear cud almost b a kingdom one tho,

wat size r ur rims? look like 19s inthe pic! lol phtoshop!

u was breaking it wernt ya at one stage?

Ben (lurk75)
07-10-02, 04:29 PM
your comments are very true about negative comments, i do give them as well but when i tell someone i dont like something i do try to justify why. And mostly due to my taste. I like traditional looking cars and am not up on these japenese looking ones but i dont ask people to like mine. I just think they look better in the standard guise :!:

?Marty?
07-10-02, 11:29 PM
I like both Lurk. It doesn't matter which way someone's decided to go, as long as it's taken to the limit!
Although with other styles (rather than in your face lairy ones) it's harder to make an impact, since it's basically the same stuff, but with minor changes. It still looks great though! Can't beat a really tidy Nova with Gsi kit/splitter, clean/simple five spokes and a -60mm drop. But to keep a car looking like that, you are limited as to how far you can take it, looks wise. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Ben (lurk75)
07-10-02, 11:39 PM
Nova with Gsi kit/splitter, clean/simple five spokes

That is my car :o LMAO

I wish you would say something contriversial today as am getting fed up with agreeing with you. But i do like the basic look but with a lairy engine that will shock people off the lights etc.

But as i siad before in other posts, if people make cars for themselves then there will always be different motors as no ones tastes are the same :!: