PDA

View Full Version : proper peeved!!

imnobby
22-07-08, 02:33 PM
just rang up HIC wit a big smile on my face ready to get a blinding quote i said its a 1.6 16v corsa gsi engine in a vauxhall nova it has avo coilovers and compomotive th alloys im 19 years of age live in a e rated area the quote £2200 :wtf: i swear no wonder there are so many cars on the road insured incorrectly because these insurance company want too much money im not saying uninsured cars is the way forward because its not, but a decent fair quote would be acceptable, let me no what you think should i be expecting to pay that much or did they see me comming?

Jack
22-07-08, 02:37 PM
TBH chap for a 1.6 16v engine in a Nova, in an E grade postcode area, you ought to be biting their hand off for that quote! Thats fecking good!

imnobby
22-07-08, 02:43 PM
seriously i think insurance is just one big rip off but only problem is u need it. for that kind of money direct line will insure me on a 2005 330i convertable wots all that about?

Stuart
22-07-08, 03:02 PM
you also need to stop text typing

large_steve182
22-07-08, 03:14 PM
Today UK law is defined by the The Road Traffic Act 1988, which was last modified in 1991. The act requires that some motorists either be insured, have a security, or have made a specified deposit (£ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBP)500,000 as of 1991) with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, against their liability for injuries to others (including passengers) and for damage to other persons' property resulting from use of a vehicle on a public road or in other public places.
^^wikipedia

i suggest saving 500000, cause the rate insurance is going it will end up being cheaper in the long term

imnobby
22-07-08, 03:39 PM
you might be onto something

imnobby
22-07-08, 03:43 PM

sorry grandad, what is wrong with old people nowdays!

draper
22-07-08, 03:58 PM
Today UK law is defined by the The Road Traffic Act 1988, which was last modified in 1991. The act requires that some motorists either be insured, have a security, or have made a specified deposit (£ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBP)500,000 as of 1991) with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, against their liability for injuries to others (including passengers) and for damage to other persons' property resulting from use of a vehicle on a public road or in other public places.
^^wikipedia

i suggest saving 500000, cause the rate insurance is going it will end up being cheaper in the long term

so if you were a self employed van driver and had public liability insurance to the tune of half a million would you need inurance ??

Paul
22-07-08, 04:58 PM

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN!!!

Jack
22-07-08, 05:03 PM
seriously i think insurance is just one big rip off but only problem is u need it. for that kind of money direct line will insure me on a 2005 330i convertable wots all that about?
Buy the BMW then, if insurance cost that hinders you. Simple.

You're comparing a (very heavily) modded car to a standard one remember. Put a breathed on V8 in the bimmer and try for insurance.

dan16v
22-07-08, 06:50 PM
Dont realy think insurance is a rip off, if you cant afford to pay the insurance why have the car in the first place?

NASTYNOVA
22-07-08, 07:37 PM
just rang up HIC wit a big smile on my face ready to get a blinding quote i said its a 1.6 16v corsa gsi engine in a vauxhall nova it has avo coilovers and compomotive th alloys im 19 years of age live in a e rated area the quote £2200 :wtf: i swear no wonder there are so many cars on the road insured incorrectly because these insurance company want too much money im not saying uninsured cars is the way forward because its not, but a decent fair quote would be acceptable, let me no what you think should i be expecting to pay that much or did they see me comming?

mate, that aint a bad quote atall!! at the same age im paying 200 less for a bog standard 1.4 astra merit!!

imnobby
22-07-08, 08:28 PM
good news!!! just got a quote from adrian flux £1400 and that is for it being a 1.6 16v turbo which is actually what the engine is, but as hic wouldnt insure me on a turbo i just got a quote on a standard valver instead, so adrian flux is getting my money asap!!

dan16v
22-07-08, 09:48 PM
Strange as i thought flux and hic were now as one? last time i got a quote from hic i then rang flux and was told i had just been given a quote by the sister company and the price would be the same!

Mike
22-07-08, 10:40 PM

Spanners who dont take insurance cost's into consideration prior to fitting another engine. A crude 1600 16v Turbo + young high risk driver = massive premium as its a well known fact young people drive like jeb ends.

Just to make you feel a whole lot better, my 1600 8v Turbo cost £480ish a year to insure :thumb:

Stoo
22-07-08, 10:45 PM
So you were just going to insure it as an N/A 1.6 16v then with HIC??
And not declare the turbo conversion?

imnobby
23-07-08, 01:08 AM
So you were just going to insure it as an N/A 1.6 16v then with HIC??
And not declare the turbo conversion?
obviously not or there would not be any point in having any insurance at all

imnobby
23-07-08, 01:23 AM
Spanners who dont take insurance cost's into consideration prior to fitting another engine. A crude 1600 16v Turbo + young high risk driver = massive premium as its a well known fact young people drive like jeb ends.

Just to make you feel a whole lot better, my 1600 8v Turbo cost £480ish a year to insure :thumb:
what makes me feel better is that you all preach like a god and frankly i dont care, at the end of the day im 19 and i have a nice car that im trying to insure legally so why sit on here moaning about it. and get over the fact all young people nowdays drive like knobs coz not all of us do

imnobby
23-07-08, 01:25 AM
Strange as i thought flux and hic were now as one? last time i got a quote from hic i then rang flux and was told i had just been given a quote by the sister company and the price would be the same!
well apparently they are but they give very different quotes

Jack
23-07-08, 09:05 AM
Kudos to you for doing it right.

And yes, HIC are owned by Flux, but the quotes do still vary a bit. Either way your money still goes into the same pot lol

Stuart
23-07-08, 09:34 AM
yep I'm "old" and dislike text typing..... oh hang on its also in the rules of the forum you agreed to when you signed up. You can carry on text typing if you wish but it will only be for one or two more posts if you do lol

oh and 10points for doing the insurance "right" :)

wisewood
23-07-08, 03:52 PM
im(mature)nobby. You need to appreciate that car insurance is not just about the value of the car and replacement of the parts you have on it. You are being quoted £2200 because you are a young driver, which means inexperienced, and means much more likely, statistically speaking, to have an accident. That accident may only involve you, and may only involve another car, which is relatively cheap for the insurance company to pay out for... however, it might not. It might involve you losing control and ploughing through a bus stop full of school kids - meaning millions of pounds in claims for the insurance company to pay out on.

Unfortunately, as a young male driver you need to face up to the fact that the young male drivers who came before you have proven that you are more likely to be involved in expensive accidents... and as such, if you want to drive, you have to pay more for your insurance.

£2200 per year is a good deal. Especially when you consider the £500,000 you might have to pay to someone's family when you run over their child as you lose control trying to take a corner too fast.

NASTYNOVA
23-07-08, 04:48 PM
blunt and harsh :wtf:

imnobby
23-07-08, 05:12 PM
yep I'm "old" and dislike text typing..... oh hang on its also in the rules of the forum you agreed to when you signed up. You can carry on text typing if you wish but it will only be for one or two more posts if you do lol

oh and 10points for doing the insurance "right" :)

give it a rest about the text typing ill do my upmost to make everyone happy!

imnobby
23-07-08, 05:13 PM
[quote=wisewood]im(mature)nobby. quote]

well concidering im 19 and i and a complete knob like most lads my age i guess that makes me bit mature.

imnobby
23-07-08, 05:21 PM
im(mature)nobby.

10 points for trying to be funny btw(i nearly cracked a smile) and concidering im 19 and im not complete knob like most lads my age i guess that makes me a bit mature, but anyways the moral of the story is im happy because i got a decent deal on my car insurance, and hopefully this will make other young drivers around my age realise we can get a good quote with the correct insurance (not a car insured as a 1.2 that a 2.0 16v on TB.) also it would be nice to keep me and other young drivers posted on here about young drivers insurance quotes on fairly modified cars as i would like to see if any one else has the same luck as me.

Stuart
23-07-08, 06:20 PM
you need to relax a lot!!!!

Stoo
23-07-08, 06:43 PM
obviously not or there would not be any point in having any insurance at all

good news!!! just got a quote from adrian flux £1400 and that is for it being a 1.6 16v turbo which is actually what the engine is, but as hic wouldnt insure me on a turbo i just got a quote on a standard valver instead, so adrian flux is getting my money asap!!

nice contradiction! To me, that says you got a quote for a standard valver, no turbo!! :roll:

L14MNP
23-07-08, 06:48 PM
Flux like to bend you over come claim time, just what I've heard from a few mates. I have no personal experience with them.
I have a feeling you will be speaking to their claims department given your age, attitude and the engine in your car. Prove me wrong lol

imnobby
23-07-08, 08:12 PM
stoo read all of the posts and your understand it, i was just interested to see if hic would even insure me on a standard valver coz they said no to the turbo even when flux said it was ok :/

imnobby
23-07-08, 08:17 PM
you need to relax a lot!!!!

im cool as a cucumber, its just some people judge others well too much :)