PDA

View Full Version : anyone no about gsi body kits

baha_guy
02-10-02, 09:00 PM
:microwav: :arrow: Does anyone no if a gsi body kit will look nice on a 1.2 nova. and does anyone no a web site that has
pics of gsi body kit. becase ive read about a cheap gsi body kit in a mag i read but dont no if to get it yet beacse ive not seen a pic of it yet..
:drinking: :onfire: :evilbat:

Ben (lurk75)
02-10-02, 10:59 PM
A GSi kit is fitted to GSi's as standard funny enough and there is a whole section of the gallery dedicated to them on THIS site :!:

The "kit" as people to refer to it as, normally consists of a front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts and a rear spoiler. if you have a MK1 (pre 91) nova you will need new wings and headlights and grill to make the front bumper fit :!:

Hope this helps a bit

ade
03-10-02, 02:22 AM
funnily enuff, I;ve just recently fitted a GSi kit to my 1.2 mk2 -

see link below

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65319

On the bit I added to the link above there a whole section of my diary when I buuilt me car (Sticky at top of general forum).

U can get most bits second hand from scrappys - good nik too!

Dunno about replica bits - go for 2nd hand ones.

If u want the "FULL" gsi look - everything but the engine u will need grill, lights, indicators, suspension lowered, gsi wheels, sjirts, bumpers, spoiler, window surrounds, carpets, dash, steering wheel, seats (full interior inc door cards etc...), trim in the boot, anti roll bars front n rear, tinted glass and a couple of other bits n bobs.

U can get away with bumpers, new front (if mk1) and skirts put PLEASE lower the car otherwise it'll look a little daft (IMO)

Ade
:wink:

Ben (lurk75)
03-10-02, 06:08 PM
Ade i wish you would take up a hobby op something as am getting fed up of being upstaged by you as you have all this time on your hands :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that was a joke incase you didnt realise :!: