PDA

View Full Version : Roof Lining

Poolie
02-10-02, 01:51 PM
I need the roof re-lining in my Nova and a new dash board fitting etc (most interior things need sorting IE : new carpets etc can anyone recommend anyone that does this kind of work? and possibly a rough idea how much this would cost? I know its going to be dependant on what i have put in etc but a rough price would be nice, Cheers. :)

ade
02-10-02, 05:08 PM
its easy to do yerself.

If yer carpets are shagged, just get 2nd hand ones from a scrappy - u need to remove the door sill trimms (10 screws), the front foot well plastic trims (clips), the seats (2-4 bolts under the carpet and a clip pin on lower spec models) the centre console if u have one around the gear stick (screw under a square panel where the tapes live and thats it!

As for the roof lining - u need to remove the windows to do that including the front windscreen - this can be tricky (front screen specially) coz the roof trim sits under the rubber of the frames (holds it in place) - U also need to get around yer sun roof (if u have one).

I did mine - mum made up lining (comes in 3 sections) from the old lining template and I reinstalled it - took about 2 hours.

There are 3 metal rods that add tension - these are pegged in place by metal pins than are bent down from the roof - u can feel them).

If u dont want to do it yerself, you can get a body shop to do it for you/upholsterers - will cost u mind - look upwards of ?200 - depends where u go mind (thats what I got quoted for the lining only - inc making it up)! :o

I took my own windows out (broke front windscreen on process :x ) - including new front screen and fitting charge by windscreen expert including other windows aswell cost me (inc material and mastick for sunroof) ?100 - looks mint too !

Have a look on general post at the guy who wanted advice on his 1.2 modding (Monday I think) for pics of my lining.

Ade
:wink:

Poolie
04-10-02, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the advice - i will take a look at doing this soon ;) the guy that had this car before me has butchered the inside of the car -- everything is held together with mastic etc it's a right mess.. roog lining is hanging down and sunroof looks like its been butchered as well.. Will need to get all this done soon as its beginning to irritate me hehehehehe Cheers Mate much appreciated

big_steve_x
04-10-02, 12:32 PM
i have some floor carpet from a GSi for sale if u want it, its perfect condition, no stains or burns etc, doesn't smell etc. make me an offer or contact me stephen.mackenzie@btinternet.com

steve!