View Full Version : Today i am mostly....(what are you doing today)

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:03 PM
Baking cakes, watching thomas and singing the okey cokey with the twins

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:07 PM
Working. In a job i no longer like or want. Leaving next month.

Would much rather be eating Tilly's baked cakes.

edit: this is not intended as some wierd inuendo lol

hendrix
18-07-08, 01:11 PM
Also 'working'. unfortunately.
Non-office attire day today. Why am I the only person not in a suit haha

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:13 PM
Unless its a proper "dress down day" i always wear proper office attire. Not had the need to wear a tie for a few months but almost always turn up in a suit.

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:16 PM
Working. In a job i no longer like or want. Leaving next month.

Would much rather be eating Tilly's baked cakes.

edit: this is not intended as some wierd inuendo lol

it will be guaranteed to look like one

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:18 PM
oh well :-p

hendrix
18-07-08, 01:18 PM
Wisey, I always do but it is a proper one today. Not just a 'not ****d friday' haha

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:19 PM
Today i have mostly shunned shaving. Actually i have mostly shunned shaving since tuesday. I look homeless lol

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:25 PM
scruff

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:25 PM
A bit harsh. I have been showing etc. Just haven't been in the mood for a shave. Been a bit tired - Chloe is teething.

burgo
18-07-08, 01:28 PM
i am mostly being lazy. same as any other day tbo

welcome back tilly. long time no see

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:30 PM
ashton and parsons powder it rules. on the shelf at boots by bonjela. good old fashioned herbal crap

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:30 PM
Bonjour!!

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:32 PM
ashton and parsons powder it rules. on the shelf at boots by bonjela. good old fashioned herbal crap

I think we might have some of that stuff actually - little white sachets a bit like sugar or salt?

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:33 PM
thats the stuff

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:37 PM
tip top. now what can i give her to get rid of the cold she gets everytime a tooth is coming through? tried smells stuff in the room and vaporub stuff on her chest. No joy.

lol sorry to take over your thread :-p

craig green
18-07-08, 01:39 PM
Hi Tilly! I am mostly waiting for 5pm.... (at work)

Going to go & have passport photo taken in a bit. Had a shave for that specific reason.

Lauren
18-07-08, 01:40 PM
I am working, and trying to track down my BF who has seemingly disappeared

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:53 PM
Hi Tilly! I am mostly waiting for 5pm.... (at work)

Hiya craig.

Ummm i have a vapour plug in thing, but i believe this is just a natural thing. neing that the tooth roots can sometimes be so close to the sinuses it happens all the time.(dental nurse head on)

i am now eating a yummy yorkshire ham and mustard roll

Jack
18-07-08, 01:56 PM
lauren, Dod has off'd him.

Today I are has been mostly... erm, onlining. Moved a few servers round earlier, taking one up to Dishforth (boo norf) on Sunday. Which also means I have to drive the chariot of satan that is the works vectra. Later I shall be driving to Alex's.

I never wear a suit to work, I gave up with (smart) shirts and trousers a long time ago. Shirts/T-shirts and jeans ftw these days, but then I am a civil servant, and we officially don't have a dress code. I know they say you should dress for the job you want, not the job you're in, but I don't want a job where I have to wear a suit all day; I prefer being comfortable at work. Plus I'm not exactly in a customer facing department (well, our "customers" all wear green or white and blue lol).

wisewood
18-07-08, 01:57 PM
Ummm i have a vapour plug in thing, but i believe this is just a natural thing. neing that the tooth roots can sometimes be so close to the sinuses it happens all the time.(dental nurse head on)

This is why i was asking you :thumb: coupled with the fact you've got two of your own (kids i mean).

Tilly
18-07-08, 01:59 PM
lauren, Dod has off'd him.

but then I am a civil servant, and we officially don't have a dress code.lol).

So thatmeans you do fuk all then days off for no reason etc
queens birthday= day off
queen takes a **** = day off

Jack
18-07-08, 02:03 PM
Day off for the boss's birthday seems ok to me :D

I'm central government though, and actually do something functional - not like the untrained monkeys that sit in local council departments. Did that for 8 months and go so frustrated with the general rubbishness of it all that I left.

Tilly
18-07-08, 02:05 PM
could you workin a possible "donught"

Jack
18-07-08, 02:07 PM
lol no, I'm not that clever. Looking to transfer there though, they were looking for Unix people recently which I'm qualified in.

Tilly
18-07-08, 02:10 PM
haha my step dad and step mum both work there.

large_steve182
18-07-08, 02:42 PM
playing xbox, avoiding getting a job, perving ladies on the internet, occasional chug, eat, maybe shower

Tilly
18-07-08, 03:13 PM
playing xbox, avoiding getting a job, perving ladies on the internet, occasional chug, eat, maybe shower

chug butnot shower eeeeeeeeew

Ben
18-07-08, 03:26 PM
been at work since six am

about to go out and get very drunk before going to work for 36hrs this weekend- woohooo cant wait (genuinely)

Tilly
18-07-08, 03:27 PM
hello you

i was awake with twins at 6am. your sad getting excited about work

Ben
18-07-08, 03:28 PM
not excited about the work so much but the £600+ i will earn for sitting down watching films and messing on internet for 36hrs! woop woop

and hello :D

Tilly
18-07-08, 03:30 PM
Lazy **** thats hardly work then.

Ben
18-07-08, 03:33 PM
We got to take the cobalt 60 (pretty ****ing dangerous) to a massive fabrication shop and take a 18hr exposure as the vessel were doing is fooking hoooge, so once we wind out the exposure we have to sit there for 18hrs doing nothing letting the radiation radiate through the metal and expose the films, boring but damn good money lol.

Ben
18-07-08, 03:34 PM
oh yeah and will take nearly 12 hrs to set it up which is hard work climbing ladders and scaffolding carrying very heavy stuff about.

Tilly
18-07-08, 03:35 PM
oh shut up geek

Ben
18-07-08, 03:39 PM
some things never change lmfao

wisewood
18-07-08, 03:48 PM
LMFAO @ Ben.

Tilly
18-07-08, 04:03 PM
dont you 2 start

wisewood
18-07-08, 04:04 PM
;-)

Leeboo
18-07-08, 09:14 PM
I'm off all week so I've been bluffing about.

Just back from a local Vintage Car Parade, getting dinner, then go into town for some lapZ, yO!

Tilly
19-07-08, 08:20 PM
been to a birthday party and they didnt even have pass the parcel tut tut

lee-loon
19-07-08, 08:38 PM
just watched Hancock.good film

NovaLad
19-07-08, 08:50 PM
Got up at 4:00am worked 5:00am - 9:30am then helped my mate with his system and check up on my car at the garage.

Had a hour kip then went back work at 5:00pm - 8:30pm.

Now i am going to have my tea.

L14MNP
19-07-08, 08:57 PM
Been busying myself with my non Nova project, and fixed the CD player on the ghey midi system I have in the garage, it ate one of the cd's. Musn't like DJ Shadow? :(

Jack
19-07-08, 11:56 PM
I can't remember what I did today :confused:

L14MNP
19-07-08, 11:59 PM
I can't remember what I did today :confused:

Angel dust?

Jack
20-07-08, 12:02 AM
Senility

L14MNP
20-07-08, 12:06 AM
Touché

wisewood
21-07-08, 09:16 AM
Touché... sounds like something Bob Geldoff would call his kid.

Today i am mostly trying not to fall asleep at my desk, having had a late one last night, followed by not much sleep. Was well worth staying up, but still doesnt eradicate the overwhelming weight of my eye lids this morning!!

Ernie
21-07-08, 10:36 AM
Today i got up and took me dog for a walk then I will be looking a rubush on the net untill i have to go to work at 3pm till 1220am as on lates this week.
Nevermind im on 2 weeks shutdown from friday.
HOLIDAY YEAH.

Stuart
21-07-08, 10:41 AM
getting another "in at the deep end" jolly today.... First time fiding a motorbike, and its a fxking chinese "replica" of some big brand bike. Stuff like chain linkes/swing arms fall off of them. hmmmmmm lovely

Dod
21-07-08, 10:53 AM
Being mostly Exhausted from Wakes, Weddings and Funerals since this day last week and it appears, after a call today theres going to be another wake/funeral to attend soon.

Martin
21-07-08, 10:54 AM
today i am mostly going to be sat on the bog, i have chronic runny pooo poos(cant spell diahoera?)

wisewood
21-07-08, 10:56 AM
diarrhoea [daiəˈriə] noun
too much liquid in and too frequent emptying of the bowels
Example: He has diarrhoea.

Ernie
21-07-08, 10:57 AM
fpmsl

Squattyus of the bottyus lol.

Martin
21-07-08, 10:59 AM
not good ive lost out on £65 today with not going to work

Dod
21-07-08, 11:00 AM
Gta4 Ftw!!!

Martin
21-07-08, 11:02 AM
dont have LIVE atm dod, need to pay them for last months, they seem to have lost my credit card details of the system..

Andy
21-07-08, 11:05 AM
Today i am fukced off beyond belief,been to go make a new claim for JSA which is dole,only to be treated like im making a new career move or summat and that i want to stay on this forever?:mad: I cant stand the place :mad: then have to go through the rigmarole of signing loads of bollox,and to be told i can no longer get child or working tax credits and to change this for £90 a fortnight?!!!:wtf::tard::mad: I hate this situation so so much i have a home and a family to support and feel like im a failure

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:06 AM
Register with a recruitment agency or 4 and get some cash coming in from any and every temp job they can offer you.

Andy
21-07-08, 11:11 AM
Thats what i thought but they said im better off staying on jsa!! they said its less hassle than going there and signing up for temp and then signing off dole and than having to sign on again when the temp ends?! Also it messes with tax credits they said because ill end up getting paid too much and then "get in trouble" and have to pay it back,i just cant see a way out of this mess.Basically what they are saying is that im better off living off tax credits and not signing on AT ALL?!

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:14 AM
Its a ridiculous system we operate in this country to be fair. But, your tax credits are calculated on the previous years total income arent they, so as long as you end up with a P60 at the end of the year from all employers, and keep track of how much JSA you get, add it all up, and submit the details to them in time etc, it should all get calculated properly for the coming year.

Andy
21-07-08, 11:19 AM
Ridiculous isnt the word mate.Its indescribeable nonsense.They said im to ring inland revenue straight away to inform them about dole.They then said i arent entitled to them cos im signing on?! We rely on these greatly and because my girlfriend is still on Maternity leave til September we need these badly,and they are taking them away.They seem to think that you can live on stupid amounts of money which dont cover costs of day to day living.They forget baby milk and nappies also baby food adds up to nearly £25 a week.****3rs.

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:23 AM
"Ah yes sir but have you considered buying cheaper brands and trying to cover the child expenses with your child benefit payments?" F*ck off you patronising *******.

There is no way to please everyone all the time, but people who have worked hard for years should be entitled to a few months grace period i think.

Martin
21-07-08, 11:23 AM
tbh andy that sucks, not been funny to anyone but, if maybe u get some brown face paint on they mite giv u a nice out and bmw and a great paying job..or go in with needles hangin out ya arms dressed as a smack rat u mike get some were..

did any1 see it on the news, ppl claimin benefits may soon have to clean graffiti etc of the walls and all that bollox, not been funny but my dad claims disablity money(that a benifit right) he can even walk up the bastid stairs, docs cant giv him the 2 plastic knee caps he needs till his 60ish, council wont give him a ground floor flat or bungalow that he needs, and to top it of because I earn a certain amount of money, my mum has to pay more council TAX, between my mum and dad, they get about £250 a week, out of that they have to pay C/tax,gas/leccy,water rates and al that crap, we worked it out that shes left with £25 to do a weekly shop with, and thats before any Direct debts go out, E.G Sky,NTL etc..

its ****in stupid, they say you should be able to live on £140 a week, and then Gordon brown goes and spends 8GRAND!! on a weeks shopping!

ARGGGHHHH

Rant over..

Hope u get ti sorted andy

Ben
21-07-08, 11:26 AM
Ive just got in from work after starting at 3pm yesterday!

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:29 AM
"benefits" shouldnt be called benefits in my opinion. It makes it sound like people are entitled to them regardless of their situations.

Income Support is the best term. Supporting the income of those in need. If someone is ill or impaired and cannot work then their income should be supplemented to a realistic minimum level which should be assessed regularly to maintain living conditions in times like now when prices rocket upwards.

People who are out of work, and cannot find work for long periods of time, through choice, or not, should expect to do something for the supplement they receive. Imagine how much cleaner the streets would be if all teh people out of work who are capable were to do a couple of days a week helping out trained council staff etc.

Martin
21-07-08, 11:31 AM
People who are out of work, and cannot find work for long periods of time, through choice, or not, should expect to do something for the supplement they receive. Imagine how much cleaner the streets would be if all teh people out of work who are capable were to do a couple of days a week helping out trained council staff etc.

Point Taken, and Agreed, but they way that was saying it ALL people reciving "benefits" will be doing such a job..

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:32 AM
Typical media approach to provoke conversation about a subject - over dramatise it and its more interesting.

Guarenteed this would not go through like that - the huge number of jobless would vote against labour at a general election over that, and they wouldnt risk it, even if they had a massive majority.

Andy
21-07-08, 11:34 AM
Hmm its a fukced up country we live in,cheaper brands eh? where are they then lol what about bills,is there a cheaper energy supplier out there? i think not.Cheaper diesel or petrol? is there bollox.They infuriate me.I know im not the only person in this situation and im not after sympathy at all,just after suggestions/past experiences etc Martins right what he says,its true if i was foreign it would be different.Ive worked hard since leaving school and im not some wreckhead who wants the money to get ar5eholed!

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:41 AM
I cant really comment on JSA as i've never been out of work for more than a couple of days as i always just sign with an agency and get temp work in a factory/office, whatever, just to keep money coming in. I know people who work for JCP and DWP though so know a fair amount about the way it all operates.

Andy
21-07-08, 11:46 AM
The person i spoke to was about as much good as a used condom

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:50 AM
Used condoms make BRILLIANT drive-by waterbombs if you top them up with water and chuck em at chavs.

Andy
21-07-08, 11:53 AM
Lmao thats cheered me up lol lol

Tilly
21-07-08, 11:54 AM
OI STOP RUINING MY THREAD.
Open a new one about tax credits ,jsa, benefits etc if you want.

Today i am mostly tidying myhouse due to having a viewing on wednesday aaahhhh , yipee new house move is hopefully on the cards

Ben
21-07-08, 11:55 AM
bloody hell that hasnt taken long to sort out, bet you cant wait to get back down south where you belong and away from all them smelly tight ass northerners.

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:56 AM
Hope it goes well for ya Nat.

Tilly
21-07-08, 11:57 AM
tar, probably wont but fingers crossed.

lol @ ben you took the words right out of my mouth

wisewood
21-07-08, 11:59 AM
The north allows you in and this is how you repay them?! lol

Andy
21-07-08, 12:01 PM
The north allows you in and this is how you repay them?! lol
yeah fcuk offlol

Ben
21-07-08, 12:04 PM
Im sure she would love to as long as she can find some other person mad enough to try and move up there, if they do buy it they will come running back down south after the see there senses, cheap bags of chips and gravy arent the only things in life.

wisewood
21-07-08, 12:06 PM
I'm a yorkshire boy born and bred, and even i had the sense to see it was crap and move away.

Ben
21-07-08, 12:08 PM
case rested.

wisewood
21-07-08, 12:09 PM
I didnt move south... but at least i got the hell out of yorkshire lol

Andy
21-07-08, 12:09 PM
ita all sh1t england in general knife wielding nobs and chav scum

Ben
21-07-08, 12:11 PM
yeah the more time i spend over here the more i realise that, shame as im very patriotic but it is embarrising at times.

wisewood
21-07-08, 12:11 PM
I no longer live in England. I moved to Poland so i could live somewhere without so many Polish people.

Tilly
21-07-08, 12:14 PM
LoL. Brid is ridled with them. even though 3 shops have been closed or forced to as everytime they replaced there window it was put through..
although im no snob i want a better education for my boys, and so they can be brought upwith a decent accent

wisewood
21-07-08, 12:16 PM
your boys would ever have anything but an accent like yours. They would come home from school with a little yorkshire twang and you would talk to them for a couple of hours and it would be all gone again. :-p

Definately understand the education point though.

Andy
21-07-08, 12:17 PM
LoL. Brid is ridled with them. even though 3 shops have been closed or forced to as everytime they replaced there window it was put through..
although im no snob i want a better education for my boys, and so they can be brought upwith a decent accent
Nowt wrong with that

Tilly
21-07-08, 12:45 PM
see nowt what a word. its nothing proper english please lol

wisewood
21-07-08, 12:50 PM
technically he should have said "nowt wrong wi tha" if he wanted to be proper northern though.

ps. Nowt is a derivative of nought. Meaning nothing. :-D

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:04 PM
easier to say nothing then. exactly whati said why not say notihing

wisewood
21-07-08, 01:05 PM
but your explaination didnt give detail as to how yorkshire folk come to say nowt instead of nothing. Its not a replacement for nothing. its a replacement for nought. nought and nothing just mean the same thing lol

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:05 PM
andy

Ben
21-07-08, 01:06 PM
natalie

wisewood
21-07-08, 01:07 PM
ben

wisewood
21-07-08, 01:08 PM
andy

i've got you all wound up again now havent i lol wondered how long it would take.

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:08 PM
was gonna say fuk off

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:09 PM
ben

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:09 PM

wisewood
21-07-08, 01:13 PM
was gonna say fuk off

Thats just plain rude. And we used to be such good friends lol

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:15 PM
use to be being the operative word

wisewood
21-07-08, 01:18 PM
Shame. But you really never should have got so offended when i tried to steal Dave from you all those years ago lol

edit: still, he got his broke-back mountain wedding in the end didnt he hahaha

Tilly
21-07-08, 01:23 PM
Lol true

Martin
21-07-08, 02:41 PM
gays..

wisewood
21-07-08, 02:42 PM
homo

Dod
21-07-08, 02:43 PM
Fag

wisewood
21-07-08, 02:47 PM
no thanks. stopped smoking (on this day) in 2003.

Dod
21-07-08, 02:49 PM
Is that when you stopped drinking and you sold the Nova as well, and found God?

You went badly down hill. lol

wisewood
21-07-08, 02:50 PM
Well... funny you should say that...

i am an ordaned reverend. (this is true).
and i did once start my own religion... which some people might remember.

and yes, i did pretty much stop drinking when i stopped smoking, to make sure i didnt start smoking too much again. I think i have smoked 5 cigarettes in 5 years - all when i have been very drunk. So my theory was right.

Dod
21-07-08, 02:51 PM
LMFAO!!!

Go on, enlighten us.

wisewood
21-07-08, 02:52 PM
The Church of TUNA.

wisewood
21-07-08, 02:53 PM
TUNA. Not tuna. TUNA (the one true god) is not a fish.

Dod
21-07-08, 02:54 PM
LMFAO!!!

Go on, enlighten us.

As above please.

Dod
21-07-08, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb3tMfDISGQ&feature=related

wisewood
21-07-08, 02:57 PM
That video. Nope. not related lol

All the text about it is on here in muppet corner somewhere in the olden days.

Dod
21-07-08, 03:03 PM
Must have been Archived mate. I'm disappointed now.

wisewood
21-07-08, 03:09 PM
probably. we've changed forum software a couple times since i wrote it all. It was the sort of material that would see me in a straight jacket to be honest, but i did get a number of dedicated followers lol

wisewood
21-07-08, 03:14 PM
Found part of it. One of the teachings of The Church of TUNA... which even predates the usernames. All usernames and post counts we're lost during a switch from kevs home made asp forum to the new (at the time) phpbb 2.0.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5293
:D

Tilly
21-07-08, 08:22 PM
gays..

umm deffo not as i am a female.

Jack
21-07-08, 08:50 PM
Today I has been mostly up norf installing stuff at Dishforth

Ben
21-07-08, 08:58 PM
Today I has been mostly up norf installing stuff at Dishforth

Are you suffering from dizzyness, shortness of breathe and a little faint?

Best bet get back down south and the altitude sickness will go away.

Jack
21-07-08, 09:00 PM
I was actually, plus as soon as I got past cheltenham everything just smelt funny. Especially the people. Who all talk in some weird alien tongue lol

Tilly
21-07-08, 10:25 PM
See cheltenham is essence dogs place to be

speaking of 23 years in the place

Jack
21-07-08, 11:24 PM
I wanted to move there, but have a severe case of ex issues. Although I'm not entirely sure if she's still there.

Meh, I'd still go there if I could find a decent job in the region. Its better than where I live at the mo lol

peester
21-07-08, 11:39 PM
See cheltenham is essence dogs place to be

speaking of 23 years in the place

hey tilly! long time..

'nams a cool place, still visit whenever i can :)

Tilly
22-07-08, 03:08 PM
hiya mate howsyou doing

Martin
22-07-08, 03:21 PM
Today, ive mostly been either in my Bobcat shoveling a way, or drinming tea waiting for next man to come along with a job 4 me

wisewood
22-07-08, 03:21 PM
No gastric problems today then Martin?

Tilly
22-07-08, 03:43 PM
today i have been to the sealife centrewith my boys.... it was crap

wisewood
22-07-08, 03:49 PM
Any sharks?

Tilly
22-07-08, 03:50 PM
3 little things.

Martin
22-07-08, 03:52 PM
No gastric problems today then Martin?

Just Bad Wind

wisewood
22-07-08, 04:00 PM
3 little things.

was gonna ask if i could come with you next time you go but it sounds rubbish. dont think i'll bother lol

Tilly
22-07-08, 04:01 PM
it was and the company would be ****e.
shame cause the beach was the other side of fence we all wanted to go there instead

draper
22-07-08, 04:02 PM
today i have mostly been having afternoon tea with my little brother

wisewood
22-07-08, 04:03 PM
Just once it would be nice if you didnt throw abuse at me lol but nevermind, obviously we'll just have to hate each other forever.

LOL i have this image now of a load of mums with their kids looking through a fence like prisoners

Tilly
22-07-08, 04:04 PM
no my company not yours

ck
22-07-08, 04:05 PM
today i have mostly been pi$$ed off with the postman, i get a ring on the door bell, i get up, put some shorts on and answer the door aprox 30seconds after it ringing. hmm no fecker there and a royal mail note saying attempted delivery and that no one was in to sign for a recorded item (my webber rebuild kits) mother feckers really anoy me!!!

Then to make matters worse i've been so bloody bored all day as ive been waiting for a parcel to come from dhl :(

how boring lol

wisewood
22-07-08, 04:13 PM
no my company not yours

Sure you would. It'd be great wandering round somewhere like that with you... you could insult me all the way round, just like you do on here. I love it.

Jack
22-07-08, 04:24 PM
today i have mostly been pi$$ed off with the postman, i get a ring on the door bell, i get up, put some shorts on and answer the door aprox 30seconds after it ringing. hmm no fecker there and a royal mail note saying attempted delivery and that no one was in to sign for a recorded item (my webber rebuild kits) mother feckers really anoy me!!!

lol RM are like that round here, its like they're playing knock knock ginger. I swear they hide too - one time the doorbell rang, I went to answer it and nobody was to be seen. Rang again about 10 seconds later, again nobody there but this time he'd left a non delivery note :roll:

Did get my new camera today tho :D