PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my Stolen Nova

GR
01-10-02, 04:04 PM
Found these knocking about, makes me feel empty seeing these, then picturing how it looked when i found it.
Pics are about two days before it was robbed.
Was about to have new bumpers, spoiler and single wiper, plus more interior mods.

:(

http://www.maxcarz.freeserve.co.uk/nova33.JPG

http://www.maxcarz.freeserve.co.uk/nova55.JPG

http://www.maxcarz.freeserve.co.uk/nova22.JPG

Jim
01-10-02, 04:07 PM
It's never a good thing seeing your car after it's been stolen or broken into.

Keep your chin up and learn from whats happend.

With your next car make it as hard as possible for the thieves to steal it. Before you start modding think about security.

Jim

Nova1.6
01-10-02, 04:09 PM
feel sorry for you. i feel rather morbid now.
did they find you car? How did they break in?
Neil

wisewood
01-10-02, 04:12 PM
first thing i would do with the next car is make sure they cannot get into it the same way as they did the last one - unless they went through a window - in which case, short of bullet proof glass not uch you can do really.

Looks a nice car too...

GR
01-10-02, 04:18 PM
With your next car make it as hard as possible for the thieves to steal it. Before you start modding think about security.

Jim

This is exactly what i'll be doing, be it another Nova or the Astra. As most know, the replacement Vauxhall for current Fiesta will be in June, thats why i'm using the site now to get back into it and keep my head held high, as hard as it is. There isn't a day that goes by when i don't think of what happened, specially it being my first car aswell. :(

feel sorry for you. i feel rather morbid now.
did they find you car? How did they break in?
Neil

I had no security apart form the bog standard lock barrels. I can see what a thick fucker i've been now looking back, but its easier to say that once its happened.

It was found a week later about 2 miles from where it was stolen, sitting on its brake discs, stripped completely, inside & out.
Some sick twat even pissed in it i'm sure, coz it reeked.
Nice a. :evil: :(

wisewood
01-10-02, 04:22 PM
when i was a kid the land in front of my street was just open fields for miles... and there was a car park at the bottom of the road - god knows why... so we would find cars sat like that all the time in the morning on a saturday and sunday.

I have to admit too that we did cause quite a bit of damage to them too though if they had been left a few days without anyone coming to see it... smashing windows put dents in panels etc... but hey - i was only 10...

am a good lad now. :wisewood:

GR
01-10-02, 04:28 PM
But was it kids, thats the thing.

It was dumped in front of a large row of garages on a council estate in SE London, so that sort of filth is to be expected i suppose.

Guess there's no point in crying over spilt milk now though.

wisewood
01-10-02, 04:33 PM
too right mate - at the end of the day it was a nice car - but now it is fu**ed so might as well remember it the way it was before it was nicked and get on with a new project.

mikesri
01-10-02, 04:33 PM
:evil: I feel sorry for you m8!

I fcukin hate arseholes that nick things cos they've nothing better to do!!!! :evil: :x

I once had my bike nicked out of my garage and that really pissed me off so i'd hate to have a car nicked :o

Twats that steal peoples bride and joy should be put in a big room with Mr Big for a few hours!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Just cos they'll never have n e thing decent in theyre lives they think no 1 else should but when theyre lounging about all day on the dole, i'm actually earning my money to pay for my mods!!

fcukin wnkers!!!!!!!!!

GR
01-10-02, 04:44 PM
Thanks mate.

Looking back on it now (last April) , i definitely think it was stolen to order as all the obvious things like mods were gone, but also things like headlights, gearbox system and clutch plate were all missing.

Probably the expensive stuff for themselves, parts for anyone who needs it, fcukin shitheads.

As i say, life goes on & i'm looking forward to starting again come June time, bigger and better with the ' Novaload Massive's ' support...... :)

Cheers for all the comments lads.

carltoncrazy
01-10-02, 05:24 PM
life aint fair isit.
well be honest think whats more likylt o happen,was nicked by joy riders(sadly most novas r) and then it ran out feul so the push it outa veiw then poeple see it with the locks etc fuck n decide to take advantage,
end of the day interors etc can be taken out very quick,
so fact like pros can steal a rover and turn it into parts and crush the frame within ina hour or something,
end of the day in my opion,its just a car,it would probley jus of rotted away

bob
01-10-02, 06:52 PM
my condolences mate :cry: Id be gutted too, its a cry for everyone to uprate their security I think!
Have you thought about rebuilding up the shell? or are all the panels damaged? I was gutted when my 1200 got broke into, so gutted I just lost interest in it-I was silly n left my wallet n some other bits inside, like my new garage keys(with the garage address on!) and my nova gte keys fresh from the auction, with the description written on and everything!-I was lucky n they didnt get the garage or car, I lost the keys to the garage n car tho.
Not good hearing bout your car though mate :(

nessynova
01-10-02, 08:22 PM
you made me feel bad too cos i,ve got two nova,s 1.2 sxi 92 and a 1.2 spin 89 with full running gearbut have had other cars broken into its a total p--- o.. :roll:

spanishfly
01-10-02, 09:19 PM
you say s.e london where bouts mate, i have contacts and may be able to find who done it, i been brought up in the ghetto :)

ade
02-10-02, 12:09 AM
Youll bouce back m8!

Wot u get insutrance wise? Was the shell & engine knackered? nothing salveagable?

Out of interest, wotr steering wheel is that onthe 2nd pic - look really nice...
Spose they knicked that too - just hope that when they got it off it smacked them in the mouth knocking a few teeth out!!!

GR
02-10-02, 09:13 AM
SpanishFly, have e-mailed you mate.

I didnt claim off insurance as it simply wasnt worth it. i reckon i would of been looking at about ?500 return and if i had claimed in what then would have been my first year, my next (current) premium would have been sky high.

I went back to its dumping spot 3 days after i originally retrieved what i could (wingmirrors, rear view mirror, couple of other bits) and it was gone !! A crappy shell, gone just like that.
Would of been council.

Again, cheers for comments lads.

Ade - Think the steering wheel was the Momo ' Race ' one, ?170 inc. boss from halfords.

Tilly
03-10-02, 01:53 PM
I had mine nicked in Jan searched for 4 hours found it and stole it bak at 8am they swines

Just keep your chin up