PDA

View Full Version : Throttle position sensor- SEH.

Lynsey
17-07-08, 08:26 PM
My engine - 20SEH - is running really bad with the TPS plugged in. I have set it up so it does the two clicks when i push the throttle cable but it's not having it at all. When I unplug it the engine runs spot on :confused: .

As I was driving back from Dougie's on Monday the car started to lose power and was chugging along. I had to get in the inside lane and sit at about 50mph in 3rd gear, just making it to the services. I unplugged the TPS and it revved up perfectly so I drove it home without it and it was great.

With it unplugged the engine management light is on so I replaced the TPS with one from Dougie, started the car and it does the same as before.

I've decided to leave it off for now as it seems much happier without it but I'd like a real solution to the problem. Anyone got any ideas what could be happening here?

Lee
17-07-08, 10:12 PM
You sure you have the correct plug going into it. i have a vaugue memory there are a few similar plugs in the area of the TPS. Either that or theres a short in the loom somewhere which isnt helpful. Itll need looking at with the help of a circuit diagram and buzzing through with a DMM.