PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Bluey nova at Trax with clifford blinkers in door pins

Nova1.6
01-10-02, 03:41 PM
how did u do this? How did u link them upto the alram? did u just simply strip the wire from the exsisting warning light and contect em to that or was it more complex?
Neil

wisewood
01-10-02, 03:43 PM
thats how i would do it.

Nova1.6
01-10-02, 04:10 PM
yeah but wouldn't it upset the rate of the blinking, there's different speeds for how long you leave it ect...

Ric 16v
01-10-02, 05:53 PM
are u sure it was the clifford flashing light in the door or was it a silver metal door pin with a l.e.d on the top ???

wisewood
01-10-02, 05:58 PM
that's a good point... never thought of that... are you sure Neil?
you kwo you are bit dim.... lmao

Ric 16v
01-10-02, 07:16 PM
I'd say it was led door pins that he was on about coz the clifford alarm lights are rather big and would look rather tacky in the door !!!!

Freak
01-10-02, 07:46 PM
Must be my car you saw dude- mines blue and was on the novaload stand.

They are NOT wanky door pins with leds- There are no door pins at all.

You are correct-Clifford LEDS instead.

Got the alarm installers to splice into it and add an extra 3 outputs for extra leds- simply ran them under the dash, into the doors and through the holes where the door pins would be.
Doesnt affect the operation at all.

Looks good (especially at nite) and no door pins=one less way to break in.

Ric 16v
01-10-02, 08:20 PM
no im not saying that led door pins are tacky coz i'v just put some in my car !!! :D so baisically what u did was tap into the wires going to the clifford light and then add extra lights in the door so they all flash at the same time ??? are the lights in ur doors original clifford lights ??? where did u get them from ? sounds quite diecent what uv done even though I just said they would look rather tacky !!!!

ade
02-10-02, 12:04 AM
LOL! I've gone for something similar but gone down the VW golf route with the flashing door led at the side of the pin not on it - spliced wires from the solenoid circuit - seems to be ok - thought it would interfere with the power but it doesnt. Looks really good too.

Ade
:D

Lee H
02-10-02, 02:11 PM
Be careful if connecting the Clifford LED`s to the original Clifford LED as it needs to be done in series, not parallel. I did this mod at weekend and a Clifford installer told me if I wired it in parallel it would blow up the LED output on the alarm and it wouldn`t be reparable. The 3 LED`s need to be daisychained together so they complete just one loop with the alarm on and the LED`s.

kevw
02-10-02, 03:03 PM
Yea that would be something to look into deffinately, some parts of the alarms arent repairable so I'm told...

You could always have a big relay (in the boot maybe?) for each of the LED's, then take the live from the original LED output on the alarm, which will open up all the relays and in turn let the LED's flash.

lmao

Freak
02-10-02, 04:25 PM
Wired in parallel on mine- have been there for 18 months now with no probs whatsoever......

Pukka clifford LEDS are something like ?8 each from clifford dealers-if you have one already.

Ben (lurk75)
02-10-02, 04:30 PM
lol Kev a bit long winded that way but would work!

Doing it incorrectly would deem it unrepairable and would also void the guarentee on the alarm so go careful, it is easy enough to do just take your time.

There are many parts the arent repairable so if someone breaks it trying to knick it you gotta buy a new system :!:

Nova1.6
03-10-02, 12:51 PM
yeah cheers for making me sound THICK guys, i am 100% sure it was the same alarm led that u have mountd on ur dash, yes it did look bit odd as the square bit that the led is on is rather big, as far as i can remember the nova was de-locked and de-handled.
I'm not dim!
Neil

Lee H
03-10-02, 12:55 PM
I used the older style Clifford LED`s with the round base, perfect fit for the recess around the doorpin!! :D

Nova1.6
03-10-02, 12:59 PM
sorted.