PDA

View Full Version : motorfactors?

tony k
17-07-08, 07:58 PM
i went into my motorfactors today to get my ineer cv joints for my let nova. the guy said he needed a registration plate so he can get them or somthing so i told him. there off a astra or cav 2.0 ltr and he wouldnt have none of it so ended up havin a row with him.which was quiet funny so when i calmed down abit i went back in there and he wont serve me now. so i called him a fat *****r .so i deffinately wont be goin back in there again is there another place where i can order them as tried on google but no good

Welsh Dan
17-07-08, 08:00 PM
bypartsby? autovaux? another local motor factors? vauxhall?

Andy
17-07-08, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a right jobsworth knobber

Jack
17-07-08, 08:02 PM
ebay?

tony k
17-07-08, 08:11 PM
welsh dan
ive tried vauxhall already no joy forgot about autovaux

andynova
i know propper jobbie lol

razorjack
dont trust ebay on them bits cant be f****d with all the hassle if there the wrong bits

Stuart
17-07-08, 08:34 PM
yell.com

_JH_
17-07-08, 08:46 PM
Are you after Cav 1.6 inner CVs to use on 22 spline shafts or Normal 2.0 Chavalier Inner CVs to fit custom shafts?

tony k
17-07-08, 08:51 PM
Are you after Cav 1.6 inner CVs to use on 22 spline shafts or Normal 2.0 Chavalier Inner CVs to fit custom shafts?

im after 2.0 inners and ive got custom shafts ones from lmf i think

tony k
18-07-08, 05:19 PM
i went into another shop today near my work and the guy said i need a registration aswell whats the world coming to its only a inner cv joint lol

Panman
18-07-08, 05:28 PM
Why the hell would he need your reg. Is this a new thing ive not heard of.

tony k
18-07-08, 05:31 PM
i know mate even my mate has just tried for me at another shop and guess what the same thing

Rich
18-07-08, 06:35 PM
It gives them all the details of the car and only lists the parts for that one car. Means bigger chance of them getting the right part.

You should just be able to tell them its a 2ltr cav though

edit. did you tell them its a nova? if you did thats the problem, they cant work out that parts from a cav will fit anything else!

ck
18-07-08, 06:49 PM
what a bunch of c**ks. never ever had that down here, only sometimes at main dealers and not motor factors.

the big block cv's are all the same on all calibra's, 2.ltr cavy's, and 2ltr astra's. its not exactly hard for them as they are all the bloody same.

if he wasnt the manager i would have proper kicked up sh1t gone mad lol.

tony k
18-07-08, 07:30 PM
It gives them all the details of the car and only lists the parts for that one car. Means bigger chance of them getting the right part.

You should just be able to tell them its a 2ltr cav though

edit. did you tell them its a nova? if you did thats the problem, they cant work out that parts from a cav will fit anything else!

i know it gives them the details so its easier to get parts for it. but all the big block ones are the same i did say to him that i need cav or astra ones but still no joy

tony k
18-07-08, 07:33 PM
what a bunch of c**ks. never ever had that down here, only sometimes at main dealers and not motor factors.

the big block cv's are all the same on all calibra's, 2.ltr cavy's, and 2ltr astra's. its not exactly hard for them as they are all the bloody same.

if he wasnt the manager i would have proper kicked up sh1t gone mad lol.

i know what a bunch of job worths ay ive said that to them they are the same but still wont give me them gonna leave it till monday plus i think my mates got an old astra at his goin over there tomorrow just to get some details off it for the future

Andy
18-07-08, 11:01 PM
What a carry on,riles me up things like that

mowgli
18-07-08, 11:03 PM
did you ask him if he could get the catalogue out?

tony k
19-07-08, 10:52 AM
did you ask him if he could get the catalogue out?

yeah mate asked both of the shops and they wouldnt show me. im gonna buy a few extra when i finally get some.then throw them through there window then tell them thats the part and run off very fast lol

John
19-07-08, 10:55 AM
why not just nip into your nearest vauxhall dealer, might be dearer but boots will last 10 times longer.

tony k
19-07-08, 10:57 AM
why not just nip into your nearest vauxhall dealer, might be dearer but boots will last 10 times longer.

been in there mate they said they dont do them no more

John
19-07-08, 11:03 AM
hmm, i bought some a couple of months back, find it difficult to believe they've been deleted? They're the same on mk3 astras and some mk4's.

Andy
19-07-08, 11:08 AM
Ive heard this happening a few times now,not just this part,where they cant be ar5ed to go through the lists so they just say "no longer available"
Think this is a clear case of this

tony k
19-07-08, 11:10 AM
i went in there on tuesday and the guy said they dont do them no more. i even asked him for some details on there ie the code numbers so i can ask my shop and he said they are deleted off the system

tony k
19-07-08, 11:10 AM
Ive heard this happening a few times now,not just this part,where they cant be ar5ed to go through the lists so they just say "no longer available"
Think this is a clear case of this

thats the same thing i was thinking

John
19-07-08, 11:16 AM
That sort of thing really fu*ks me off, they could have potentially made a sale, but were obviusly way too lazy. The dealership where i used to work were always helpful, and would even try a dealer search to locate it at any other dealers who had it in stock, even though it was nls.

tony k
19-07-08, 11:27 AM
That sort of thing really fu*ks me off, they could have potentially made a sale, but were obviusly way too lazy. The dealership where i used to work were always helpful, and would even try a dealer search to locate it at any other dealers who had it in stock, even though it was nls.

i know mate it happend to me the other week. when i was after a sandwich plate bolt they said the dont do them but when Ste L on here give me the part number they said oh right we do,do them

John
19-07-08, 11:46 AM
might be worth getting hold of someone on here with epc and getting the part numbers for the boots then.

mowgli
19-07-08, 03:39 PM
try the small scruffy looking motor factors, they will have books.

I am continually amazed when vauxhall dealers do the 'no longer done' routine. my local dealer is great whenever I ask for any nova bits.

Welsh Dan
19-07-08, 04:42 PM
My Vaux dealer is always helpful aswell, but I live 2 streets away from a "small scruffy" motor factors :D.

draper
19-07-08, 04:49 PM
the motorfactors is always very helpful i use, couldnt do enough for you

tony k
19-07-08, 05:16 PM
there was a really good one near me a few months ago but the blok sold it to a property developer what ever you needed he had or could get ooooooh i love them dayz lol

Benn
19-07-08, 05:26 PM
Its just someone being lazy, its the same at my work.
One guy is a lazy funk and never likes looking anything up in the books...