PDA

View Full Version : vectra traction control

jimbob-mcgrew
17-07-08, 09:25 AM
tricky one to section this, but i think its down to electrical probs.

friend of mines got a vectra sri with a 2.0 litre 16v ecotec in it, think its the 136 brake ish version - his traction control light on his dash in permanently on, does that mean the TC is kaput and the ecu is letting him know by lighting the dash ? or is there some other problem and its stuck on permanently ? anyone heard or know about this prob ?

cheers if anyone can shed some light.

Stuart
17-07-08, 09:59 AM
check its not switched off all the time as the light comes on when you turn it off (very gay!)

jimbob-mcgrew
17-07-08, 10:12 AM
the button on the dash doesnt do anything

Stuart
17-07-08, 10:23 AM
hmmmm try a new button to start with

Mazz
17-07-08, 10:32 AM
It will be the T/C motor, my Cav did the same. The light was permanently on and button did nothing.
Try getting a s/hand one as iirc they are mega money new..

jimbob-mcgrew
17-07-08, 10:46 AM
hees not too bothered about it, but i thought id ask just incase it was permanently on and stealing horses, if its permanently off how it is.. thats no bad thing.
cheers.

Mazz
17-07-08, 11:12 AM
Yes it will be off, when the light on T/C is off and vise-versea - it just annoying having a orange light on the dash!

Dod
17-07-08, 11:15 AM
Isnt the TC entangled through the ECU on the Ecobollox powered cars? Might this be a concern?

Ernie
21-07-08, 10:27 AM
On my old astra gsi the tc lite kept coming back on so i took the fuse out for it and the car went alot better.
I think it was fuse 15 if thats any help.

jimbob-mcgrew
22-07-08, 12:14 AM
yeh ill let him know cheers, if it doesnt conflict with anything else, see if we can yank the fuse out and just forget about it, if theres something wrong with it.. personally for peace of mind, id rather just discconect it from the circuit like u say and forget about it. traction control is cheating anyway lol

brainsnova
22-07-08, 12:55 AM
traction control is for someone who cant control a sliding car lol