PDA

View Full Version : sunroof fitting

lynhok
17-07-08, 12:25 AM
hi everyone does anyone have any pictures of how the tilt and slide sunroof fits into a nova?

also does anyone know the dimentions of the glass as i want to see if i have to cut my roof :confused: as my sunroof is being delivered someday soon i hope

and also what sizes are all the bolts i need to fit it? as i have a broken aftermarket sunroof (solarsport?) and have aquired a gte tilt and slide?

any help will be greatly appreciated :thumb:

thanks
Lyndon

Jack
17-07-08, 08:14 AM
The tilt/slide sunroof is larger than the tilt only one. I was going to fit one to mine but didn't fancy chopping the roof skin so abandoned the idea lol

Lee H
17-07-08, 08:54 AM
You would need to swap the whole roof skin as you will have nothing to bolt the tilt and slide assembly to if it was an aftermarket one in the first place.

lynhok
17-07-08, 11:41 AM
has anyone seen a solarsport sunroof then? because some fat chick hung off the handle and broke the clips lol

so i am in need of clips

and i still need to know the bolt sizes for tilt and slide

Lee H
17-07-08, 12:00 PM
The tilt and slide will not fit your car so not much point finding out the bolt sizes.

Cars with a tilt and slide have a frame welded in the roof running front to back to bolt the whole assembly up to.

L14MNP
17-07-08, 12:12 PM
^ What he said. I used to work at Nissan making roof skins, sunroof and non are worlds apart! More strengthening, the integral frame etc.
Only option would be reskinning.