PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions.

AlexW
16-07-08, 11:59 PM
1. Im using my old 1.2 exhaust with single downpipe etc? Do i need to run the 1.4 duel downpipe? The orignal spi had the single one. It does sound kinda like it wants to just go burrr (tired) lol I might just get one anyways.

2. I cant get a pic but the thing that sits on the airbox towards the front panel, The round thing. Do i need it connected?

Thanks in advance.

jimbob-mcgrew
17-07-08, 08:14 AM
i think the spi's were designed with economy in mind, probably be able to squeeze a few lost horses by upping the manifold.

u talkin about the warm-air pickup bit from the manifold shield ?
as its summer, dont really need it, you might wanna sort it by winter time tho

AlexW
17-07-08, 10:08 AM
The hot air i will be running in the winter but thats not it.

The round thing that sits On top of the airbox with a red pipe going to the carb, Carb in question is 2E.

Dod
17-07-08, 10:52 AM
Thats a vacume pipe, its not essential but the car may go mildly better with it commected, but nothing noticable. Theres a place on the Air box for it to hook up onto. If you're fitting a bolt on filter you can pipe it to that but doesnt really matter if you dont.

For the exhaust, either will do. My old 1600 SPI Cav had a single item, although I know the dual item will probably help the flow. Or get a 1600 Cav item, should be a tad bigger.

craig green
17-07-08, 10:53 AM
Thats a flap to control when the warmed air is allowed in. Makes no odds tbh.

Poor thread title btw.