PDA

View Full Version : remote central locking

ali
30-09-02, 11:02 PM
Hi there
I was wonderiing if it is possible to connect a remote central locking kit to my nova? If so where can i get them and how hard are they to connect. Cheers for ur help
Ali

ade
01-10-02, 12:20 AM
alright m8 - u can get remote central locking kits from most car shops )halfords and even maplin). About ?24

Have u got central locking already on yer car?

If u have, all you need is a solenoid for the drivers door and an alarm with a remote button it.

Clifford, toad etc have spares.

Unsure about the remoe kits - think they have however there was someone who ordered one on this site recently and it can with German instructions!

:D

ali
01-10-02, 05:20 PM
Auright m8
Nah currently its a standard key opening. Do u know what the website for the company is? and how easy r they to fit? cheers

Alex
01-10-02, 07:27 PM
www.maplin.co.uk

Not too hard to fit either, hardest bit is getting wires from door to the car

ade
01-10-02, 11:59 PM
and thats where you drill a hole from the inner door threough the side of the body - treat it so it wont rist, use 2 grommets and bobs yer aunties live in lover.

If its got central locking already, the holes will be there already as will the little rubber nit between the doors and the body - use a bit of bendy wire with the wires attached to the end to thread it through.

Mine never had central locking - fitted meself - used the rubber hose from a fiesta door on one door and the nova hatch rubber hose on the passenger - drilled 2 great big 20mm holes in the body using a wood cutting drill bit (them BIG flat spade shaped things!) :o metals dead thin so no probs - filed it down and popped grommet ends in

Easier with the wings off mind! But then u should have that bit already...

Ade