PDA

View Full Version : Brakes...

AlexW
16-07-08, 09:58 AM
Im now fed up with my brakes. Ive fitted 256mm fronts with brand new pads and discs, and braided hoses all round.

Now ive come to bleed the brakes im having endless problems, after getting 3 "Assitants" over 2 days im still at square one! Bleeding brakes must be one of the simplest things to do.... Im getting pure fluid out of both front and the passenger rear but not the drivers rear. Its confusing but it worked monday but yesterday i couldnt get anything, Then i found out it was the master cylinder so i changed that and still having the same problems, no matter how much i pump (with bleed nipple open or closed).

The brake cylinder isnt leaking ive already checked that. And i havnt bent any pipes or squashed them.

What am i doing wrong? Any thing else that may be at fault? (Apart from me)

Dod
16-07-08, 11:15 AM
Sounds like a dead Servo from rweading other posts in here.

What happens when you Pump the Brake Pedel?

mowgli
16-07-08, 11:29 AM
get a pressure bleed kit from your nearest motorfactors

they have quite a reputation for getting airlocked... I was always told never to let the pipes get totally drained. I bought a brake pipe clamp so I could remove a pipe & keep the fluid in the system

AlexW
16-07-08, 11:34 AM
Dod - I doubt the servo as if you re read my post i cant even get fluid to the rear drivers side.

Mowgli - The brake pipes were totaly removed so.

mowgli
16-07-08, 11:47 AM
get a pressure bleed kit.

Dod
16-07-08, 12:00 PM
Ah hang on, is your car a 1000cc? Are there Discs fitted to the Rear?

AlexW
16-07-08, 12:04 PM
1400, and drums on the rear. Full setup is, Gsi servo, Standard 1.2 master cylinder, front 256mm discs, braided hoses, drums at the rear, standard brake pipes.

mowgli
16-07-08, 12:07 PM
dod its airlocked, either that or there is some crap in the line. if so, give it some stick with an airline

AlexW
16-07-08, 12:08 PM
I will, going to stick the airline down it first then see. Have got a brake bleeder, just never use it.

jimbob-mcgrew
16-07-08, 01:07 PM
the feed line or the bleed nipple on the offending drum might be clogged with rust and crap, try unscrewing the nipple all the way out and give it a few good taps upside down to knock any crap out if need be, in theory at this point u should get a squirt of fluid out the cylinder when u pump the brake ' if ' nothing else is wrong, try that too, u can use this trial and error style method and track the problem to the source

AlexW
16-07-08, 01:19 PM
Ye, i will be trying to get it to work soon.

But it does stop now so thats a good point, it seems to be pulling to the left but i think that is just because the rear passenger side is done while the drivers isnt.

But i have noticed something.. The pedal is still soo soft and has no feeling but i hope it will disapear once ive sorted that rear.

Edit: It was fun.