PDA

View Full Version : 1.3SR Lowered Suspension

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:20 AM
Time to buy me a 1.3 SR soon so need to get a few plans sorted for it :)

Well, I wanna get it lowered of course, but seeing as I am on a budget I can't afford a full suspension kit so it's springs only I'm afraid. -35, to me, doesn't look low enough! I have seen a sweet std looking SR lowered 45mm and it looks great to me. So, I am wondering, will -45mm springs go on no probs specially @ the back of the car? Or will I need diff shox to cope with the 45mm drop? The car is likely to be an F or G plate 1.3 SR

Also, hows about a 45mm drop at the front, 35mm @ the rear and a bit of weight from me bassbox in the boot to level things out a touch... or will the car be a bit 'off balance' like this?

I want it to look low, without spending a ton of cash, and pass it's MOT without the damn springs dislocating when the car is jacked up.

Cheers for any help/advice :)

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:36 AM
Get a grip. U aint never gonna get a car cuz u can't b assed to send of for ur provisional license!! And u can't drive either.

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:46 AM
Dicko, I already know you're a prick, why prove my point? Will you ever grow a brain? I very much doubt it... No wonder you failed your A levels TWICE you thick fucker.

Now, excuse him. Has anyone got any opinions on my original question? Cheers.

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:50 AM
I failed my A-levels twice cuz I was to busy pissin around in me Nova. Not cuz i'm thick. Unless ur sayin that drivin around in a nova is thick, and that makes u shit out of luck as ur on Novaload. Welcome to the site!!!!!!! Fuck u buscatcher.

Anonymous
05-11-00, 12:54 AM
You know I like Nova's, otherwise...erm...why the hell would I post a thread posing a question on a query I have about them? The only reason you failed twice is because you didn't sort your priororties out. Obviously at some point you decided it'd be good to pass your A Levels, so if you knew you'd be playing with your car why did you retake them for a second time?

Anyways, hows about you go play with your car now so I can actually have a half meaningful question left for people to reply to? Thanks.

Anonymous
05-11-00, 01:04 AM
U ever notice the amount of pussy down college??? O no, dont suppose u did. I think I would rather go to college and eye up the birds, than do nothin!!!!!!!

Anonymous
05-11-00, 08:58 AM
alright m8, if u want it low go the fullwak and dump it -60mm thats wot mines on and it looks sweet, and believe me the handling is the mutts nuts, u wont regret it

chris

Anonymous
05-11-00, 01:06 PM
I own (mot fail) a 1.3SR, I had been told that If you lower the car past -35mm you get problems with the shocks, the handling wont be as good as the standard shocks are designed to rebound from a certain platform height. If you alter the platform height, i.e. lower the car you will get rather dodgy performance from the shocks.

At least thats what I've been told

Anonymous
05-11-00, 07:32 PM
You could go -60 front on original front shox and any lower than -35 on the back you`ll have to either securely fasten the springs in, or buy matched rear shox. Dropping -35 all round would be muck more comfortable aned cheaper!

Anonymous
05-11-00, 10:41 PM
Cheers for the feedback so far guys. As for the 35mm drop all round, yeah it's only 75 quid... but to me, the car when dropped 35mm always looks higher @ the front and thus not nice and attractive with the wheel tucking into the wheel arch. It's to do with the Nova's lines of course :)

Thats why I was thinking 35mm at the back so I get no probs come MOT time and -45mm @ the front cuz those are fine dropped that much aint they? All in doing that should cost me about 85-90 quid... decisions decisions :)

letmelive
01-05-06, 02:16 AM
why this lad speak to himself?

Welsh Dan
01-05-06, 02:20 AM
I dont think it was one person. It was probably from when guests were allowed to post, and as the software has been updated, this is how it is shown now.

letmelive
01-05-06, 02:30 AM
makes sense lol

General Baxter
01-05-06, 09:09 AM
yes, these posts were 6 years ago, and since it changed over to the new system, most old posts have gone to that names

any posts via anonymous don't reply to as they were posted yonks ago

Jack
01-05-06, 11:01 AM
They've been assasinated by Admin as part of the NL Conspiracy!

Stuart
01-05-06, 11:07 AM
lmao, cretins :p

Iain
01-05-06, 12:30 PM
I'm glad this old thread was bumped. That was quite humorous to read.