PDA

View Full Version : spotlights

NASTYNOVA
15-07-08, 01:21 PM
not sure if this is the rite section, so feel free to move, (not that i could stop ya!!)

i want spotlights on the front of my nova, but have no idea how to attatch them!! was concidering bullbars from a jeep or something bodged on, as i like the look of em, but apparently thats a tad illegal, was wondering is there was any other way of attatching them as if i just attatch them strait to the bumper they will flop about and look gay!!

cheers, NASTY

Welsh Dan
15-07-08, 01:46 PM
Take the bumper off, drill through the bumper where the bolt is that holds the 'legs' to the bumper iron and fit bolts that protrude, there are the 2 main mounting points you can now use, I'd also make a bar to go through the grille aswell to secure the assembly to the slam panel, to stop it flapping around.

I'm planning something similar myself.

The other option is that places like eurorallye and magnum motorsport have bonnet mounted lamp pods.

Dod
15-07-08, 01:53 PM
Drill through the top of the bumper and through the Bumper Iron, Job done!!

But Ideally you want some 1" flat steel and make up a frame to hold the lights in place.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/untitled-4.jpg

Like this but the items marked A can be fed between your Grill and Bumper into the engine bay and anchored into the Crossmember or the Bumper Iron or whever you like!