PDA

View Full Version : Cashing Tax

hendrix
15-07-08, 12:56 PM
Basically does the car need to be in your name to cash in the tax??

meritlover
15-07-08, 01:03 PM
yes, its to stop people stealing tax discs out windows and cashing them in.

hendrix
15-07-08, 01:17 PM
good point.
Balls....:mad:

L14MNP
15-07-08, 02:37 PM
Aye it does, but I once owed a mate a few quid from a car we bought/broke. So he cashed the tax in his name, even though my name was on the V5.
Loophole/someone not doing their job right lol

Rexy
15-07-08, 03:37 PM
it needs to be registered to you, otherwise a cheque will be sent to the owner or whoever is on the registration document.

Rexy
15-07-08, 04:01 PM
good job we use water in the fuel tank, Boulders in the boot and anything else that will get the weight back up then :D

mowgli
15-07-08, 04:51 PM
good job we use water in the fuel tank, Boulders in the boot and anything else that will get the weight back up then :D

you ought to get a tractor tyre ballaster, it is for filling the tyres with water! imagine the weight of the car then....:thumb:

D7AKE
15-07-08, 08:48 PM

brill idea got 2 cars to weigh in in a few weeks! :thumb:

hendrix
16-07-08, 01:04 PM
They check the cars round our way for all that :-(.
Was thinking water in the fuel tank though as the car isn't 'technically' mine lol and they don't check that until the decontamination bit

L14MNP
16-07-08, 01:06 PM
It has crossed my mind before, fill the wheel well with concrete etc, but they weigh cars all day, so if suddenly one is hundreds of kg heavier than is normal you may get a slap lol
Could maybe get away with it, if it was full of scrap too.
I like the water in the fuel tank one, will be trying that.