PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork ideas

olly55
30-09-02, 01:16 PM
hi iv got a white 1.2i that i wanna make into summti wel ldiffrent, i need sum good odeas 4 front n rear bumpers and skirts etc....

i already got a flush gate and its lowerd 60mm i got sum 17s on the way jus gotta choose whcuh ones! lol

ne1 got nay ideas> i need fron n rear bumpers and a spoiler!

i wanna make my mota match up 2 my m8s yellow polo in this months new fastcar as he has the best mota in my year and i mus t match it! lol

help pls lads!

Alex
30-09-02, 01:21 PM
If you want something different don't go for standard parts, such as GTE/GSI skirts or bumpers. Get some custom ones. Look in the back of some magazines (maxpower, fast car etc) for some companies and phone them up. There are so many different parts you can get just find a combination that you like.

olly55
30-09-02, 01:23 PM
i aint goin 4 nuthin like gsi bumpers i need summit to stand out!

i may go 4 custom bumpers i jus wanna kno wat ideas people hav 4 desighns or nething,

i may get the kingdom bak bumper but cant deicde on the front!

olly55
30-09-02, 01:24 PM
i aint goin 4 nuthin like gsi bumpers i need summit to stand out!

i may go 4 custom bumpers i jus wanna kno wat ideas people hav 4 desighns or nething,

i may get the kingdom bak bumper but cant deicde on the front!

need summti different so people niotce it

MattyWoo
30-09-02, 02:16 PM
If you want something different, design something yourself and see if somewhere can make it up

djp_y2k
02-10-02, 02:21 PM
Basically if you want somethin different you need to know what style your goin for.

What I mean is, do you want a jap style car, rally influenced car, smooth as you like euro style etc.

At the moment it seems to be either the euro look or jap look. In some cases ideas taken from both styles.

Once this is sorted either design a kit and try and get someone to make it (could be very expensive)

Second. have a look at other kits for other cars either original equipment or aftermarket stuff.

Then it obiously needs to be modded to fit, which can also be expensive depending on how much work is involved.

I have done a bit of both, got loads of aftermarkets bits from other cars and also had some cutom bits made as well.

Luckily the guy who is doin mine likes to do it and isnt charging me the bomb.

It will cost you either way (over 10K !!)

good luck mate.

bit of advice get some bodykits and use a program like paint shop pro to graft bumpers on first so you get an idea of how it will look.

ade
02-10-02, 03:55 PM
as djp says u need to mess about with the ideas you have 1st - we could suggest mentalist stuff but it may be difficult to get it across to you.

Pick a style and B*stardise it into yer own style. Then get the bumper that makes the base (2nd hand pref) and build on it to get the design you like.

There are several places that will make moulds for ya - all u need to do then is make a fibreglass cast - thets what I'm planning to do start of next year all going well.

:D

If you've got the knowhow it isnt too hard to make yer own cast based on a master - just big and time consuming.

Take some pics of yer car, upload into a grafix program and graft on bits u like for look/feel.
Ade

olly55
05-10-02, 11:15 AM
my bodyshop will charge 250 squid to custom make any front bumper of any design or off another car fit it and spary it,

its 250 4 the front 200 4 the bak and hell charge 150 for the skirts which aint to bad really,

i rekon i can make a sweet car 4 less than 10K

djp_y2k
05-10-02, 12:31 PM
go for it then mate. the less it costs and as long as it looks cool you will be laughing.

olly55
05-10-02, 01:08 PM
yeah m8, jus gotta deccide on sum styles / designs for custom jobs or ideas from toher cars, im after a mean but smooth look if u kno wat i mean?

nothin to jap style like the type k bumper jus summit fat and smooth...

djp_y2k
05-10-02, 01:25 PM
do you not like the B.A.T bumper or is that still a bit to jap.

Nova-Flair
06-10-02, 09:25 PM
whatever u decide on make it look mental but standard. if u catch my drift! make sure u get everything fitted right. there is nothing worse than a motor which is a good idea in theory but the finished article looks like something thats been done with pritt stick and acrillic paint!