PDA

View Full Version : strong c20xe for sale/swop

ste porter
14-07-08, 01:34 AM
for those who went to pv and camped you will know what engine this is because on the saturday at pv i ran my car down the strip and i was beating let powered astras ect and pulling very low 14 second runs if i had good tyres and knew what the fueling problem was at the time im certain i would of broke high 13s and this is a bog standard xe!

anyway what i have for sale

its a low millage (was 65000 when i got it 4 month ago) c20xe loom box and ecu

everything is there and is still in my car running and beeing used every day so can be viewed and driven before buying

in the last 2 months its had

lamba (what caused the fueling issue at pv)
rocker gasket
inlet gasket
manifold gasket
water temp sensor
3 inch custom inlet
oil and filter
gearbox oil change
plugs
blue silicone leads

it also has pipper cross air filter real good condition exhaust manifold stainless exhaust heat shield smooth plug cover and a few other bits also i have some spare like sfi boxes ect that i will throw inb if wanted aswell

its a realy good strong engine as those at pv can tell you and surprised alot of people of just how fast it was for a standard xe
it doesent tap on start up and starts first time everytime.
engine is well looked after and the only reason im selling is because im after 200 bhp and pounds for horse power a turbo is the best option for me so im now selling in search of a let so if anybody has a let and is interested in this we can do some sort of a deal

the only things i have noticed with it is i have recently noticed oil on the sump not even enough to create a drip but thought i would mention it for perfectionists which is manditory these days for xe engines for the sumps to leak the gaskets were changed when the engine went in 4 months ago.
the other thing is the alternaitor is a little grumbly you have to listen for it but again thought i would mention it even though i dont think anybody would notice.

this is a complete engine package ecept you will need a bottom pully as i will be keeping mine but i will give you a standard xe pully if you want it other than that it will be sold as it is in the car

im after £350

considering what it is and going rates i feel this is reasnable pluss you can try before you buy which is a rare oportunity also i payed this for it in bog standard form and still had the calibra air box attached to it 4 months ago but that said i will listen to sensable offers

please if your not interested dont hasttle me and im not going to pallet it up and post it engine will stay in the car untill i take a small deposit and then will most likely be removed the same day

my number is 07885399532 this is the first place i have advertised this and will be the only place for a few weeks after that it will be ebayed but i wanted to give fellow club members a chance first

ste porter
15-07-08, 08:03 PM
pics added very shortly

ste porter
15-07-08, 08:32 PM
had requests for pics

this is the engine in my car and how it looked at pv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/6346558651a7970387156o.jpg?t=1216150152

and this is how it looks now with the covers painted and the custom top hat ect (sorry poor pics all i have on this comp)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/Photo217.jpg?t=1216150330