PDA

View Full Version : do i sell or keep

lee 16v
13-07-08, 05:06 PM
iv got my nova up for sale, but i dont really want to sell it, but i dont want to use it everyday. do keep it and use it till i can find somewhere safe to keep it, then get something to use, or do i keep my fiesta that iv just spent loads on redoing the engine and repainting it.

my nova is what iv wanted form when i was 18, but now im 25 i dont want a nova as a everyday car, i would like to have my nova just to play with on a sat morning when im bored, i would like to keep it mint and just look after it for aslong as poss, or do i just not worry about it and keep my fiesta and save up for a newer nicer car :cry:

lee 16v
13-07-08, 05:08 PM
after 2 years of hard work and loads of time and money its looking like this now
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/lee216v/nova/P1010011.jpg

AlexW
13-07-08, 05:12 PM
Stunner! Keep it... I plan to use my rough around the edges nova daily but when its "Finished" It will be a weekend car.... Like most peoples on here in fact.

lee 16v
13-07-08, 05:16 PM
iv lost my lock up, there putting flats on there grr.
if i still had it there would be no way i would sell it
if i still have it in 2 weeks im going to tax it and use it.

draper
13-07-08, 05:17 PM
its a keeper

AlexW
13-07-08, 05:19 PM
Buy a car cover.

white2lSR
13-07-08, 05:26 PM
id say mine is as clean as that and there is no way i would sell it! im putting a 2L in mine at the moment and its been sat in my lock up for a yearlol
I just love going and working on it!

The only thing that would make me sell it was if i was in serious financial trouble! Id say i would be asking for a similar amount for mine.

Novas seem to be holding their value, if not increasing slowly.

Find somewhere to store it and keep it for dry use only! it will still be as clean in another 10 years :thumb:

sport
13-07-08, 08:32 PM
If its as mint as it looks keep it, as you will regret selling it and finding another in a good condition wont be easy.

Is there any housing assosiations around your way that rent out lock ups?

stuartyj21
13-07-08, 09:56 PM
^^^ agreed you will regret it sooner or later..

Nobby
13-07-08, 10:32 PM
dont sell it you will regret it!!

Jack
13-07-08, 10:48 PM
If you don't NEED to get rid of it, keep it.

just vaux trev
13-07-08, 11:32 PM
strange im in th exact same boat had mint silk violet gsi when i was 17 got stolen and wrote, wanted another since (now 24) been building another for last 6 months now it's finished, it's on ebay :(
http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/fd/50/062e_1.JPG
http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/fd/50/55db_1.JPG

SRimon
13-07-08, 11:44 PM
I also get it...

My car doesn't even get used every day to annoy me, and today I still get different ideas of what I want in the garage space!! (Send me offers my way lol)

Dod
14-07-08, 10:05 AM
I dont understand this at all. You spend hundreds of man hours, thousands of pounds, argure and fight with your nearest and dearest because you're over worked and they want to spend some time with you, bust knuckles and throw your tools across the lock up just to sell somethign you've put so much into for some figure thats nowhere near what you need for it....

I'm sorry, that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Jack
14-07-08, 05:30 PM
For some people, its the build process they like. Once the car is "complete", they don't really know what to do with it, and are itching to start building something else.

Dod
14-07-08, 05:53 PM
Ok, save up a few quid and buy something else. After a while you'll have a collection of Great cars, then you can sell the lot and buy a VXR or a House.

DAN-F
14-07-08, 06:13 PM
DONT SELL IT ill gaurantee youll mis it when it sgone an want it back, thats what happened to me, and id defanately not sell a nova to keep a fiesta, keep the nova you know it makes sense

Huffy
14-07-08, 07:45 PM
i sold my old one mate and it was the silly'st thing ive ever dont wish i never done it i nearly cried when the lad drove it away:cry:

Dar
14-07-08, 07:58 PM
On the flip side. I once had a car that I loved but had to sell. Sold it and bought a nice standard car that was more comfy and never looked back.

However if your in two minds I would keep it.

Jack
14-07-08, 08:15 PM
^ True, I really didn't want to sell my old hatch and missed it once it had gone.

Until I bought the Celica lol

draper
14-07-08, 08:19 PM
Ok, save up a few quid and buy something else. After a while you'll have a collection of Great cars, then you can sell the lot and buy a VXR or a House.

thats my plan from now on, might need more storage space :wtf:

Rich
14-07-08, 09:08 PM
I miss my old xe like mad, i spent 2 years building it while i drove it still, i finally had nearly everything i wanted to do to it and then sold it because i got bored.. im now starting another thats gonna cost twice as much :(

lee 16v
15-07-08, 11:46 PM
i think im going to put it on e-bay this week sometime and see what sort of money i can or cant get for it. if i get the right money i think its going to go