PDA

View Full Version : What can i do?

Ibiza
30-09-02, 03:34 AM
Ive a prob, one of the front whells of my car is not perpendicular to the road (here is called the fall of the whell), a m8 has said to me that this cant be adjusted in a nova, that only the paralel is adjustable, i dont know if ive explained it correctly, if u see the car from the front, the front left whell is like that \ :) Ive been told to change this part of the car and fit the one from a Corsa which is adjustable but this will be a bit expensive (and i dont know if id have to change this item to the two whells) so ?what can i do? i saw somewhere some special bolts for the shock that can correct this but dont know if theyre safe. Thanks

michaelbould
30-09-02, 11:23 AM
just a guess, but i could be track rod ends, steering rack or wheel bearings.........as i say just a guess

GRVaux
30-09-02, 11:29 AM
Sounds as though the front end could have taken a nasty knock or been kerbed and the steering rack just needs re - aligning :?:

ade
30-09-02, 11:33 AM
has the car been lowered?

Soundsw like the guys say - track rod ends, wish bone etc...

Jack up, support on axle stands, take front wheels off and compare both sides to see if there are any obvious bits out of place

You cant adjust the camber on a nova (fixes - the bit that makes the wheels lean in and out when looking from the front) - unless you want to file a groove on the suspension strut. If car has been lowered this will account for a slight change in the camber (tops will lean in a little) but its usually only a degree or 2. If yer lean is more servere it will be damage somewhere.

Ade

Anonymous
01-10-02, 09:14 AM
9/10 times when this happens its the actaul hub bent slightly believe it or not!

check obvious stuff thats easy to spot like the bottom arm first, but hub is my guess if thats straight.

Chip