PDA

View Full Version : Not Nova but please help!

chimp007_uk
12-07-08, 09:24 AM
Right, Asi was doing so many miles in the nova and i jinxed it by saying i never had any problems with it... 3weeks ago it died, so i had to insure my Peugeot 306 Dturbo...:wtf:

The car is great ont he motorways etc and fuel :) But this week, its been really wierd...

I went out tothe car at work this week to find the dash lit up... Then when trying to start it, the keypad immobiliser wasn't working... Then when eventally i got it running, i could take the keys out the ignition and it would still run witht eh dash lit up...

And also, there doesn't seemt o be an ignition live tot he stereo anymore!?!

I know most will say, et over it, its a french piece of poo... buts i've had it 5years and its done me proud!

Having to stall it to stop the engine is a tad embarrassing... :roll:

Please help!

Cheers
Chris

AlexW
12-07-08, 09:27 AM
Awake this morning? But going by the sounds of it, it could be dodgy wiring, short, if you disconnect the batt does it die straight away? without having to stall it??

chimp007_uk
12-07-08, 09:29 AM
sorry, I'm awake lol

It doesn't doe because the alternator keeps it running

Andy
12-07-08, 09:43 AM
Is the stereo wired up? are the stereo wires taped up if not?

chimp007_uk
12-07-08, 09:48 AM
Stereo was wired up... but ripped it outlast night in a rage!! Its using allt he genuine pug wiring so all good there!

Andy
12-07-08, 09:54 AM
Thats the only place i can think of where is causing that to happen,just check all the wires around that area because when i wired my stereo up (had to rewire the connectors because twockers chopped them) dont know which wires touched, but the battery light came on. Mines a Hdi BTW.Also dont know if your aware but these cars leak aswell through the drvers door speaker lol

chimp007_uk
12-07-08, 10:00 AM
The driver's door speaker is the least of my worries for leaks!!

the alarm sensor ont he a-pillar the control panel above your head!

No bear wores, stripped all the column away as well! and removed all relays wondering if one is stuck open... cant find which relays are what in the haynes manual?!?

Clean 2.0 nova
12-07-08, 12:14 PM
Have you tried disconnecting the plug / wires on the ignition switch - maybe its the ignition switch itself.

This will be one of those features that french cars do now and again :tard: .

chimp007_uk
12-07-08, 02:26 PM
I've disconnected the ignition barrel, dismantled the whole thing...

Can;t work out why the ignition live is staying live...

It did it once randomly int he week, now its constant! I candrive it if i have to stall it to stop it an dthen disconnet the battery when i leave it anywhere

chimp007_uk
12-07-08, 04:31 PM
anyone?

C7LJN
12-07-08, 09:07 PM
They are bad for water ingress on a fue multi plugs check the ones going to the front doors its just a big plug that twists round to come off.
And there is other ones that im sure its the body control module it sits at the front off your front wheel (cant mind if its ns or os) if i remember right you have to take the bumper off to do this :roll:

Clean 2.0 nova
13-07-08, 11:51 AM
A tool such as a dc clampmeter maybe usefull here as it would point you in the direction of the source of the 'short'. Put it on the affected cable somewhere and it will tell you which end of the wire is supplying the current, following this trace past connection points etc is one method.

Do you know anyone with one?