PDA

View Full Version : Difference?

Jcb
11-07-08, 11:35 PM
Havnnever riden in an XE I'd not be able to say, but is there much diference between something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YSlddiUzOA
And an XE in terms of speed? That looks pretty funking quick for a 1.4!

Dar
11-07-08, 11:54 PM
Impossible to say, you just can't compare two modifyed cars by video, but the little 1.4 rally cars are fooking rapid!

Jcb
11-07-08, 11:58 PM
I guess, just looked too quick to be true! If you could get that sort of power and speed from a 1.4 I'd love to see a properly done 1.6, let alone any big blocks!

Only then I suppose you counter it abit with the weight.

large_steve182
12-07-08, 12:07 AM
Impossible to say, you just can't compare two modifyed cars by video

rally cars seem to hold secrets from me. crazy natural aspirated engines and such.

Jcb
13-07-08, 10:06 AM
Perhas there is a bit of deception in there. In that it looks alot faster as you are only a few feet (or less) away from nice solid trees or 100ft drops etc.

draper
13-07-08, 12:30 PM
rally cars seem to hold secrets from me. crazy natural aspirated engines and such.

they dont hold secrets, its the fact most small block rally engines have been stripped right down, cleaned up, a few 'internal' modifications and rebuilt with loving care

most XEs are slung in by monkeys

Dar
13-07-08, 01:30 PM
they dont hold secrets, its the fact most small block rally engines have been stripped right down, cleaned up, a few 'internal' modifications and rebuilt with loving care

most XEs are slung in by monkeys

Don't forget £££. Lots of money spent on rally engines.

Lauren
14-07-08, 01:35 PM
Ahhh that looks like fun...