PDA

View Full Version : people who took a test AFTER 1.11.2005 on a saturday

NASTYNOVA
11-07-08, 09:29 PM
check this out!! i got a letter through this morning from the DSA

"dear mr NASTYNOVA

i am writing to you because i beleve that you may be entitled to a partial refund of a driving test fee.

For many years, we have charged a higher (ie premium) fee for practical driving tests taken on saturdays than those conducted during normal working hours . this reflects the higher cost we incur in providing tests outside these hours.

however, we recently discovered a legal problem. it involves the fees we have charged customers when booking practical driving tests to be taken on saturdays. the problem effects bookings made since 1 november 2005. at that time, the law on driving tests was changed so that we could introduce some service improvements. unfortunatly, a previously unidentified side effect was that we could no longer charge a premium fee for practical driving tests taken on saturdays. it is only over the last few weeks that this has come to light. the relivent regulations have now been ammended so that the premium fee for saturday tests will again be able to be charged.

we are, however, concerned that we may have unintentionally charged you a higher fee for your driving test than the law at the time allowed. if that is the case, we would like to put it right as quickly as possable.

our records show that, since 1 november 2005, you have booked one or more saturday practical driving test(s). if our records are correct, you may be entitled to a refund of the difference between the fee(s) you paid and the correct fee(s). this would be the difference in price betwen a standard weekday fee and a premium saturday fee at the time you booked your test.

to qualify for a refund you, or someone acting for you:
- must have booked and paid for a practical driving test to be taken on a saturday since 1 november 2005
- must not have already receved a refund for the fee paid for that test"

meritlover
11-07-08, 09:35 PM
does it really say "Dear Nastynova"?

lol

NASTYNOVA
11-07-08, 09:45 PM
course it does!!

Jack
12-07-08, 03:05 PM
http://www.dsa.gov.uk/PressRelease.asp?id=SXD555-A782E955

ReeceH
12-07-08, 03:05 PM
i got that letter too. but as it involves me getting off my **** to fill a form out and drive to post box to post it, for the sake of probably about £6 or summin daft, f0ck that

NASTYNOVA
12-07-08, 11:18 PM
i got that letter too. but as it involves me getting off my **** to fill a form out and drive to post box to post it, for the sake of probably about £6 or summin daft, f0ck that

10 50 a pop marra, in RJS link!!

L14MNP
13-07-08, 12:46 AM
I reckon I've had a test after 01/11/05
but wasn't with the DVLA lol

NASTYNOVA
13-07-08, 01:01 AM
ha ha!! dont recon we wanna know any more!! lol