PDA

View Full Version : nova engine

Magnexboy
29-09-02, 07:45 PM
ok for the people that replyed to to this b4 are you happy now :x
but again:
I want to put a 1.2 16valve engine in my nova as i only have a 1 litre. jus wanted to know will i need new brackets? and also what else would i need to change?

Aragorn
29-09-02, 08:49 PM
your prolly gonna need the fuel tank from a gte and fuel system from a gte as the 16v engine is fuel injected

you will also need the ECU and full wiring loom from the 1.2 16v including the dizzy or dispak and the coil

you'll also need a decent mechanic to hook it all up

a much better option in my mind would be either a 1.2 or 1.4 8v engine with a carb - that way all u need to do is add a fuel return line to the tank and plumb it all in and the engine will be far cheaper too

im sure the 1.2 and 1.4 8v also use the same mountings as the 1.0 and u shouldnt need to change the coil or dizzy that comes on the engine

the wiring should also be a damn sight easier as there is no ECU and no massive wiring harness to f00k about with

Anonymous
01-10-02, 09:16 AM
I didnt even know that they did a 1.2 16 to be honest.
They do a 1.2 12v i know that much, its in modern corsas.

Personally cant see the point of going to the expense of fitting a modern 16v engine and paying the extra insurance, only to have no more perormance than a 50 quid 1.3sr lump.

Chip