PDA

View Full Version : Driven=Drivel

CP
28-09-02, 10:46 AM
Anyone make the mistake of wasting energy switching on to watch Driven last night?

What a load of shite. It was embarrasing quite frankly.

There was a comparison between the new bay Ford Fiesta and the new baby Citroen that was mediocre but no Driven 100 that used to be a pretty good summary.

There was a sumo wrestling competition between a couple of crappy Nissans. Oh, suprise suprise- 1 was heavier and guess what? yep it won -wow amazing

Plato speed drove a 2CV round a ploughed field whilst trying not to drop any eggs out of a bowl on the bonnet. Then some elderly punters had a go. Guess what? Yep some eggs fell off and someone lost the whole lot. God how my sides ached with laughter - not

2 blokes drove 400 miles in an Ariel Atom to say "thanks" to the designer responsible for it. And then left without actually getting him say anything at all.

Some berk off Hollyoaks or summink similar went round London trying to get people to believe that a BL Princess can actually be chic.

dear oh dear

Dan
28-09-02, 05:01 PM
i used to love watching jeremy clarkson on top gear. but there was always one car that he detested and still loves to hate, ummm the frontera was one of the range but there was one worse, hmmmmmm can u remind us what that was micky ?????? lmfao

ade
28-09-02, 10:57 PM
yeah - latest series of driven is a little naff - theyve delved into the cheap gag market to get viewers (sumo cars, eggs) - week before they had guys eating donuts in the back of a jap mobile whilst some bloke made it do donuts! The one that ate the most won the car - after theyd shagged the tyres, bearings, clutch etc!!!

I miss the original top gear with clarkson, tiff geezer and that other bloke.

TUNA car progs are like house progs and cookery progs nowadays. Too many fightring over too fiew viewers.

ade

v1nce
30-09-02, 03:13 PM
could b worse!!! any 1 seen driven the film??? based on champ cars

phewwwwww that film stinks

Anonymous
30-09-02, 04:29 PM
My mate had a go at racing Tiff (was in a tvr IIRC) up the local raods (he lives near us) in his astra gte, he lost, so no surprise there, LOL!

Chip