PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Hands!!

Matt Pickering
09-07-08, 06:53 PM
Another nova about to fall into the wrong hands!!!

Some chav's about to get his hands on this!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-GREEN_W0QQitemZ170237244916QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m170237244916&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Matt...

bangerbrian
09-07-08, 06:56 PM
:(
Thats a smart looking nova.

twistysnovagte
09-07-08, 06:57 PM
how do you know some chavs about to get it:confused: would be a shame if they were as thats a stunning motor:)

burgo
09-07-08, 07:01 PM
because its always chavs who have rich daddy's who end up with cars like that

Jack
09-07-08, 07:29 PM
I would hazard a guess that the current price is nowhere near the reserve.

NovaLad
09-07-08, 07:31 PM
If someone gets that car and messes it up i will be royally pi$$ed off!

meritlover
09-07-08, 07:34 PM
why post all those details and not list the mileage?
that angers meritlover, there are so many car adverts like that. :(

burgo
09-07-08, 07:35 PM
mileage of what part would you like meritlover

meritlover
09-07-08, 07:38 PM
mileage of what part would you like meritlover

lollol

yes you have a point Mr Burgos

Nobby
09-07-08, 08:57 PM
wasnt that posted on here a few weeks back used to be a turbo??

burgo
09-07-08, 09:00 PM
no wasnt a turbo

NASTYNOVA
09-07-08, 09:06 PM
Another nova about to fall into the wrong hands!!!

Some chav's about to get his hands on this!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-GREEN_W0QQitemZ170237244916QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m170237244916&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Matt...

pffft!! dole dont pay up 1500!! and no chance theyll save it up!! (chavs like drink!!)

Nobby
09-07-08, 09:10 PM
no wasnt a turbo

but it was on here though??:confused:

burgo
09-07-08, 09:12 PM
yes its been on here for fecking years but its never been a turbo

L14MNP
09-07-08, 09:13 PM
That's a **** listing IMO. Some people have no clue when wording the title and laying out the info.

Graeme
09-07-08, 09:52 PM
I'm sure the lad who has it wants four and a half grand for it, but said if he didn't get it he'd put a LET in it over the winter. One of my favorite novas of all time remember it years ago in Max Power (pre - fiberglass) with the back to school feature. Rich had it off here for a while and iirc he sold it for four grand on the revo's, so don't really see how the value has gone up

L14MNP
09-07-08, 10:12 PM
Aye Graeme, the guy said he wants more and when people asked why he had a 'cos i want to charge more for no reason attitude lol

I remember it from he Max days etc and IMO it isn't worthy of that sort of money now, the fr. inner arches looked a bit sorry for themselves in pics I seen from new owner.
Not ****ed, but not 4K Nova standard.

novacabrio
09-07-08, 10:14 PM
Hmm sport gone what next???

Paul
09-07-08, 10:21 PM
sorry but I still dont see the big fuss about this car, its just a Nova with a standard XE in it?

novacabrio
09-07-08, 10:23 PM
It had some history when it has a 2.1 16v on TB but that was raped for a Caterham, car still has alot of followers

Graeme
09-07-08, 10:24 PM
/\/\/\/\ Nothing on your Black one mate

RJM25R
09-07-08, 10:24 PM
Aye Graeme, the guy said he wants more and when people asked why he had a 'cos i want to charge more for no reason attitude lol

I remember it from he Max days etc and IMO it isn't worthy of that sort of money now, the fr. inner arches looked a bit sorry for themselves in pics I seen from new owner.
Not ****ed, but not 4K Nova standard.

I will be absolutely astonished if the inner arches are looking "a bit sorry for themselves" because they certainly weren't in November when he bought the car off me............... There were two faults on the car when he took it, the alarm siren didn't seem to work and the cd player jumped due to the harsh suspension. . . .

S1 RST
09-07-08, 10:25 PM
sorry but I still dont see the big fuss about this car, its just a Nova with a standard XE in it?

exactly my thinking it been Xe'd for years and driven hard ever since that poor shell will be well worn in

it would've been worth 4.5k with the throttle bodies

Graeme
09-07-08, 10:29 PM
Its just one of them novas that everyone knows and its a nice colour, I'm very interested to see what it finishes for and what his reserve is. IMO Rick your featured car many moons ago on the Mim Rafs was far nicer than the green one

L14MNP
09-07-08, 10:32 PM
Can't find the pic I'm thinking of, there was definitely areas that needed repainting and slight surface rust in places, 'cos it was commented on in the thread.
I'm not saying it was a mess. Far from it, for a car that actually gets used, but it wasn't worth of the money it's reputation would suggest. Give me Karl Rowntrees any day.

dan16v
09-07-08, 10:33 PM
Tend to agree with some others, its a clean nova with a c20xe engine and leather, dont think its worth a premium tbh.

Graeme
09-07-08, 10:36 PM
I'll second that L14MNP, I'd take Karl's over this anyday if I wanted a 'famous' nova

RJM25R
09-07-08, 10:36 PM
exactly my thinking it been Xe'd for years and driven hard ever since that poor shell will be well worn in

TBH mate, I don't think you could have ever seen this car in the metal?
Do you know that the car has done less than 90,000 miles since new? 15 year old car?

There's a receipt with the car for almost £4400 worth of chassis strengthening and respray work from 1998-2003 when Garry owned it and it was kept in a heated garage and resprayed before evry show season?

Apart from seeing it at Brunters years ago and a few quarter miles at York, the car was never hammered when Garry owned it. I don't know about when Ben owned it but seeing as according to the MOT's he did less than 10,000 miles in 3 years, I boubt it really.

When I owned it, I nailed it to death, when I used it once or twice a week, and did less than 4000 miles in the 20 months I owned it...........

Shell is as good as any other nova on this site (excluding unfinished cars, like the fabled sport and Keiths car)

vaughanmc
09-07-08, 10:40 PM
The car is really clean - It was at the Scottish Nova meet

Fair enough its a standard XE Nova but as someone says its Old Skool and Famous in the Nova-scene :)

RJM25R
09-07-08, 10:42 PM
Can't find the pic I'm thinking of, there was definitely areas that needed repainting and slight surface rust in places, 'cos it was commented on in the thread.
I'm not saying it was a mess. Far from it, for a car that actually gets used, but it wasn't worth of the money it's reputation would suggest. Give me Karl Rowntrees any day.

Fair comment about Karls, I agree with that.

The only person who commented about it needing paint was Rick Draper. IFAIK he never saw the car while I owned it, so unless he's been up to scotland in the meantime.......

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95932

page 3 first comment.

wilson_sri
09-07-08, 10:43 PM
A mate of mine owns this now. Its still very clean and fresh. Id rather see him LET it though.

vaughanmc
09-07-08, 10:43 PM
I doubt the things that need touched up will be major as well

The car is superb ?

MARTIN KELSON
09-07-08, 10:45 PM
Here are a couple of pics i have from Billing many years ago.
Not sure on what year but John Walsh in the background has hair so must be a long time ago!!
Always one of my favourite cars in its day.
Just hope it goes to a good home where its appreciated.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/NOVAMARTIN16V/img056.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/NOVAMARTIN16V/img057.jpg

Martin

Graeme
09-07-08, 10:45 PM
Still alot of love for that car then rick - Get the purple one rebuilt, there is a lot of love for that on here

hybridturbo
09-07-08, 10:57 PM
lol at pricing a car on its forum reputation

No point in putting that car on ebay unless you include a link to its fan club section here.

Its a nice car yeh and imo lost money they day Rjm took it away from its previous owner.

RJM25R
09-07-08, 10:58 PM
Lost the love for the scene when I lost someone who'd always been there and understood my obsession, always encouraging me. That's why the purple warrior lies unloved and in pieces, thats why I sold the green one.

I'll never lose the enthusiasm for the Nova, but I have the Subaru to make me smile, and I don't have to worry about where it is parked or someone scratchin it or anything.

Subaru never seems to be able to match that drive on April 17th 2007 on Saddleworth Moor though. . . . .

Resto nel papÃ* di pace. Lo manco.

RJM25R
09-07-08, 11:00 PM
Its a nice car yeh and imo lost money they day Rjm took it away from its previous owner.

Don't understand that comment? care to elaborate?

vaughanmc
09-07-08, 11:07 PM
Rick didn't de-value the car

He kept it as it was but personalised it, and what a job - Those RFX's were mega :D

hybridturbo
09-07-08, 11:08 PM
TBH mate, I don't think you could have ever seen this car in the metal?
Do you know that the car has done less than 90,000 miles since new? 15 year old car?

There's a receipt with the car for almost £4400 worth of chassis strengthening and respray work from 1998-2003 when Garry owned it and it was kept in a heated garage and resprayed before evry show season?

Apart from seeing it at Brunters years ago and a few quarter miles at York, the car was never hammered when Garry owned it. I don't know about when Ben owned it but seeing as according to the MOT's he did less than 10,000 miles in 3 years, I boubt it really.

When I owned it, I nailed it to death, when I used it once or twice a week, and did less than 4000 miles in the 20 months I owned it...........

Shell is as good as any other nova on this site (excluding unfinished cars, like the fabled sport and Keiths car)

Combonation of this ^ and the fact you left it outside mm's off the floor in all conditions

RJM25R
09-07-08, 11:14 PM
Oh right. I still don't understand.

So you HAVE seen the car in the metal though?

And seen all the splitting of the chassis and the separated inner wing/suspension turrets?

And all the rust because I drove it in the wet and left it outside in the snow???????

No you haven't, because there isn't ANY of the above. . .

Lets just say the car was in better condition when I sold it than it was when I bought it. . . . .

As I said, the shell is as good as any Nova on this site. . . .

L14MNP
09-07-08, 11:16 PM
**** rear lights, huge out of place exhaust, bodged in rear headrests too?

RJM25R
09-07-08, 11:21 PM

clearly your car is better. Maybe you can let me see all your magazine features and trophies?

L14MNP
09-07-08, 11:24 PM
My dog ate them.

Look man there's no need to cry. I (and others) have just stated reasons why this car isn't (in our eyes) mint. It's called an opinion.
Some people have them. Same people also have taste it seems lol

L14MNP
09-07-08, 11:26 PM
No need to start an argument, all I am saying is a 4 grand Nova has to really be special. Brett Warburtons, Karl Rowntrees etc. Now they are what would be defined as very very clean. K95 to me isn't at that standard.

abbott
09-07-08, 11:29 PM
:wisewood: no popcorn smilies What The Funk ???

turbodrew1
09-07-08, 11:30 PM
fcukin hell how have i missed this thread?!
i do realise most people that are talking about the car have'nt actually seen it bar the pictures so i don't see how they can comment on what its worth etc.

the car will be at billing hopefully so anybody with a problem with my pricing of the car please come over and tell me so.

i'm not one for sitting behind a computer slagging someones motor having only seen a couple of pictures. keyboard bashing ****s.

as for the inner wheel arches they have now been cleaned as it was mostly dirt the odd bit surface rust. now cleaned sealed and painted.

thanks to Rick, wilson, vaughan and whoever else for sticking up for the car and HAS SEEN the car and appreciates its build quality.

hybridturbo
09-07-08, 11:34 PM
clearly your car is better. Maybe you can let me see all your magazine features and trophies?

lol Knew it would come down to this

Big_Chap
09-07-08, 11:34 PM
No need to start an argument, all I am saying is a 4 grand Nova has to really be special. Brett Warburtons, Karl Rowntrees etc. Now they are what would be defined as very very clean. K95 to me isn't at that standard.

double the asking price for bretts and iirc it began at 12k! karl rowntree's isn't even for sale but would probably be around the same price

you don't know what your talking about, **** lights, head restsl lol lol lol lol lol

turbodrew1
09-07-08, 11:37 PM

rear lights? they are standard nova rear lights bar its the twin fog so i don't get that at all:tard: exhausts not to everyones taste i agree but looks right at home on the car. do you know what system it is? i wont even start on the headrests your right about them:tard:. can i ask how old you are?

L14MNP
09-07-08, 11:45 PM
26 mate. I might not know every price and every mod. for every well known Nova because i have interests in cars beyond Novas.
I am very aware of the spec of K95 VHD.
I am not arguing on a thread :S Consider this my last input.

Big_Chap
09-07-08, 11:46 PM
why post all those details and not list the mileage?
that angers meritlover, there are so many car adverts like that. :(

another cracking comment, eveything possible has been listed except mileage which at the end of the day means nothing, car has different engine and clocks so would be hard to keep track but your clearly not bidding so why comment or get annoyed?

meritlover
09-07-08, 11:46 PM
i like Novas

turbodrew1
09-07-08, 11:52 PM
26 mate. I might not know every price and every mod. for every well known Nova because i have interests in cars beyond Novas.
I am very aware of the spec of K95 VHD.
I am not arguing on a thread :S Consider this my last input.

i think your not arguing anymore because i have suddenly appeared arguing my cars caselol

L14MNP
09-07-08, 11:53 PM
Not at all mate. i have learned something very recentley, nothing to do with the car. Think on and you will maybe know what I mean.

Big_Chap
09-07-08, 11:57 PM
Not at all mate. i have learned something very recentley, nothing to do with the car. Think on and you will maybe know what I mean.

i'm not very good with riddles :confused:

turbodrew1
10-07-08, 12:00 AM

its not how to spell recently anywaylol

if its something to do with your thoughts on me then that does'nt interest me as you do not know me and likewise i do not know you, i am just backing up my car for those who are criticising without even seeing it.

L14MNP
10-07-08, 12:03 AM
I always put a fcuking E in it :S

School was a while ago. I will accept the ownage. I was man enough not to edit it lol

fjc
10-07-08, 12:14 AM
ohhh its all kicking off !!!!!!!!!!

if any of the keyboard warrior`s buys the car, andy might even throw in a new hangbag for them to bitch into ................

but on the car, this is a realy nice and clean example of a nova, and with everything that it has and its history, i think its worth every penny ................. good luck with the sale turbo

BIGS
10-07-08, 12:19 AM
omg how have i missed this thread. right as for tho's that are saying its not worth it ect. maybe not in your eyes or maybe it just isnt worth it cant say as i havent seen the car lately. but what i will say is this car was one of the best at its high point when i thought it looked its best. if i remember correctly this was the only car that kept mine from winning first place's at shows. back then the attention to detail was great and i dont just mean bolt on something here add something there, i mean how it was kept clean i.e waxed and cleaned in places that most people wouldnt even bother with!

And good luck with the sale bud, hope you get the price you want :thumb:

sport
10-07-08, 12:20 AM
Some harsh comments, saw the car a few months back at the Falkirk wheel meet was looking good made me think about getting a gsi again. Good luck with the sale.

turbodrew1
10-07-08, 12:22 AM
their you go peeps thats coming from a man who has seen the car.

thank you for your input manheil.

have a good time at T in THE BACK BOAX!!!!!!!!!!

turbodrew1
10-07-08, 12:24 AM
omg how have i missed this thread. right as for tho's that are saying its not worth it ect. maybe not in your eyes or maybe it just isnt worth it cant say as i havent seen the car lately. but what i will say is this car was one of the best at its high point when i thought it looked its best. if i remember correctly this was the only car that kept mine from winning first place's at shows. back then the attention to detail was great and i dont just mean bolt on something here add something there, i mean how it was kept clean i.e waxed and cleaned in places that most people wouldnt even bother with!

And good luck with the sale bud, hope you get the price you want :thumb:

cheers mate.:thumb:

turbodrew1
10-07-08, 12:24 AM
Some harsh comments, saw the car a few months back at the Falkirk wheel meet was looking good made me think about getting a gsi again. Good luck with the sale.

cheers mate:thumb:

L14MNP
10-07-08, 12:26 AM
YHPM Turbodrew1

fjc
10-07-08, 12:27 AM
Today 12:22 AMturbodrew1their you go peeps thats coming from a man who has seen the car.

thank you for your input manheil.

have a good time at T in THE BACK BOAX!!!!!!!!!!

oh yes i will, one more day of work then party time till monday...........perfect

now back to the car.........

bye now fanx

RJM25R
10-07-08, 08:05 AM
My dog ate them.

Look man there's no need to cry. I (and others) have just stated reasons why this car isn't (in our eyes) mint. It's called an opinion.
Some people have them. Same people also have taste it seems lol

TBH mate, I respect your opinion but it seems to be based on comments other people have made.

How can you put a value on something that you have never seen in the metal with your own eyes?

To be fair, you really do need to see it to appreciate the high quality and as such I forgive you.

As far as taste is compared, I think that there is a question mark over yourself if the Mk2 XR2 is the object of your desires! Not saying that the XR2 is crap but it's not exactly "cool"

Taste is subjective and varies from man to man. TBH you wouldn't catch me on an XR2 forum slagging other peoples cars off, know what I mean?:thumb:

RJM25R
10-07-08, 08:07 AM

I have to ask, what is this about?:roll:

Jack
10-07-08, 08:30 AM
I was behind it coming out of PVS08, there's my claim to fame lol

Tidy, but not my cup of tea. No boot :D

Stoo
10-07-08, 08:37 AM
this thread is pathetic if im honest

Lee H
10-07-08, 09:05 AM
I have seen the car in the flesh recently when Rick owned it. It has one of the better paint jobs I have seen and is in very good condition.

I think the increase in price over what Rick sold it for is justified with the 4 pots now on and a nice set of wheels (no offence Rick).

However I felt the car was a bit overpriced when Rick sold it as at the end of the day it is just a standard XE but thats just my opinion, as said nearly every week on this forum a car is worth what someone is willing to pay.

hybridturbo
10-07-08, 09:21 AM
I have seen the car in the flesh recently when Rick owned it. It has one of the better paint jobs I have seen and is in very good condition.

I think the increase in price over what Rick sold it for is justified with the 4 pots now on and a nice set of wheels (no offence Rick).

However I felt the car was a bit overpriced when Rick sold it as at the end of the day it is just a standard XE but thats just my opinion, as said nearly every week on this forum a car is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Thats how i see it if the car sells for £4.5k to someone on ebay or on another forum i will be very surprised. I think the select few that would pay that money only live on here thats all.

L14MNP
10-07-08, 11:53 AM
TBH mate, I respect your opinion but it seems to be based on comments other people have made.

How can you put a value on something that you have never seen in the metal with your own eyes?

To be fair, you really do need to see it to appreciate the high quality and as such I forgive you.

As far as taste is compared, I think that there is a question mark over yourself if the Mk2 XR2 is the object of your desires! Not saying that the XR2 is crap but it's not exactly "cool"

Taste is subjective and varies from man to man. TBH you wouldn't catch me on an XR2 forum slagging other peoples cars off, know what I mean?:thumb:

I wasn't slagging your car as such mate, it's a good car. You seem to miss my point, but a few others get it. Ignoring certain styling touches that aren't to my taste. I just KNOW it can't be as clean as it was 'back in the day' due to living outside in all weathers for a start.
Yeah you can wax it and respray and buy polished parts for the bay, but as said. My definition of mint is just that, mint (which IMO it would have to be to get 4K + from me - any Nova would)
Yes I've seen the car in the metal before.
LOL @ the MK1 XR2 comment, it's long gone. Just haven't been ****d to update my profile. I wouldn't know about them not being cool, certainly on par with a Nova but without so much of the reputation for belonging to boy racers. This generation seem to have forgotten about them for the most.
I like Novas, I like MK1 Fiestas, I like allsorts.
Until you bought your Impreza I had doubts whether anything beyond a Nova could be seen as cool in your eyes.
Just agree to disagree. I respect you think I'm talking out of my ****, and you respect me having my own opinion.
Fair enough I say.

RJM25R
10-07-08, 02:22 PM
Until you bought your Impreza I had doubts whether anything beyond a Nova could be seen as cool in your eyes.

That's a common misconception, because I'm only known for my Nova's, although I've owned a citroen AX GT, Uno Turbo, Escort turbo cabrio, calibra, astra cabriolet, Mk3 golf and plenty of motorbikes, including a full race rep Kwak ZXR-750

TBH Subaru isn't cool, it's just stupidly quick and practical.

VW's are what I would describe as "cool cars" and I don't mean the modern stuff that I sell.........

L14MNP
10-07-08, 03:00 PM
Type 2's FTW. We cool G? lol

gunner1x1
10-07-08, 05:30 PM
I remember years ago seeing a green Nova exactly like this in Max Power but I seem to remember that was built by the owner who worked at Courtney Turbo. Anyone know what happened to that one? Or is this the one without the turbo?CheersMike

RJM25R
10-07-08, 06:40 PM
Completely different cars, my friend.