PDA

View Full Version : santa pod update

spanishfly
27-09-02, 10:19 AM
as of saturday i lose my license, so i won't be driving there, instead i'll be watching my mate rag my car up the strip :) or :( oh well at least i can sleep in the m1 traffic on the way home!!!!
i have about 4-5 novas coming who else is coming and how many total vauxhall wanna know figures!!!

mikesri
27-09-02, 04:18 PM
i'll be coming plus dan16v and most probably one other :D

Dannova12
27-09-02, 04:55 PM
I'll be coming, so will mike (probably). I'll try and convince my girlfriend to come and hopefully my other m8 in his 1600 nova saloon, on 45's, If it comes out of the bodyshop in time!!!

Is there any chance we can drive up in convoy cos i aint been there before and could get some good digi camera pics on the way.

Dan
27-09-02, 08:57 PM
defo me

Jim
27-09-02, 09:01 PM
You lost your license :o Unlucky Mate.

CP
28-09-02, 10:17 AM
Hopefully a 1.4 :wink: Nova and a 1.2 :wink: Clio if all the workshop activity reaches fruition in time.

lol :lol:

Aragorn
28-09-02, 10:30 AM
whats all this about??

is it open to anyone?

and wheere and when is santa pod

thanks

spanishfly
28-09-02, 02:04 PM
ok here all details:
open to ne one who wants a go:)
27 th october
rwyb
price ?9 entry fee ?13 sign on (to race)

we could do a convoy but were to meet as alot are from up north any way so unlikly they'll come down to go back up!!!!! so what we could do (london/surrey/kent lot) is arrange some between our selfs:)

jim as i still had a kiddies licence when i was caught i have to re-sit test:(
n e one wanna race a learner nova driver:) :lol:

Ian
28-09-02, 02:48 PM
*cough*borrow someone elses licence to race*cough*

spanishfly
28-09-02, 03:47 PM
lol ;) cant do that:) lol ready had it planned:)

Slatter
28-09-02, 04:36 PM
I shall be there i will be back from cornwall by then

Dan u can meet me on the way there if you want or neone else coming from south west / west

Reply quick cos i go away for a month tomorrow :lol:

Dan
28-09-02, 04:51 PM
slatter we can do that, i go cross country anyway and pass right by you ;)

Slatter
28-09-02, 05:41 PM
dan

you will have to txt me in a few weeks

tilly has my number and a few others.. im going to help build this house in cornwall and dont have acsess to comp :cry:

But let me know and we will sort something out

Slatter

dan16v
28-09-02, 05:56 PM
yea im going n e one coming from southhampton way pm me or mike sri and we can do a convoy if ya dont know where ya goin :wink:

Aragorn
28-09-02, 06:04 PM
sounds cool count me in

?9 to get in the door with yer car right? plas another ?13 to get it on the strip?

i dont wanna race it but i wouldnt mind some 1/4mile or 0-60 type thing is this avaliable

and RWYB - race what you bring?

so that means there will be all sorts of motors there :) might manage to get me faither to bring his A4 along and see how it fares against everyone else

mikesri
29-09-02, 10:02 AM
how many runs 4 ?13?

spanishfly
29-09-02, 12:20 PM
unlimited runs but i'ld say 4-5

locky
29-09-02, 06:20 PM
Il defo b going, but id like 2 convoy if poss, im from s.wales, i could meet up with some of u on the way, dan, i think u'll b on the way, and slatter! id b appreciated if i could meet up!
Cheers

Aragorn
29-09-02, 08:56 PM
well im coming from scotland but any convoy would be nice if i could meet up with you guys :)

so anyone coming from the north of england i could meet up with??

and is it pay at the gate?

Tilly
29-09-02, 11:39 PM
fingers crossed i will be there

mikesri
30-09-02, 05:01 PM
locky, dan and i could meet up with u i'm sure, just need to find sumwhere!

Aragorn
30-09-02, 05:10 PM
well what route to ya take

the aa route finder suggested M8->M74->M6->M1 iirc so where about on this route would we be able to meet up??

mikesri
30-09-02, 05:27 PM
mmmmmmmm this could be tricky!! :? Also do you we need crash helmets?

Aragorn
30-09-02, 06:59 PM
"Helmets required for RWYB bikes and open top cars and vehicles doing 100 mph or more at the finish line"

thats direct from santa pod's page

and why is my route tricky?

if you tell me your route i'll add a VIA to routefinder and see what it comes up with

spanishfly
30-09-02, 07:54 PM
still not heard from total vauxhall:(
now almost certain have a astra gsi turbo coming cavalier turbo and i think chris w's mate with a beetle with a scooby engine!!!!

and to all u who r not going i'm still going and i'm not even aloud to drive!

Aragorn
30-09-02, 11:39 PM
u still got your licence - ie physiscally got the paper?

if so u could just blag it

if not - get someones old style paper licence and use that :)

no photos to fuck you up

Jim
01-10-02, 08:56 AM
i dont wanna race it but i wouldnt mind some 1/4mile or 0-60 type thing is this avaliable

Aragorn - Santa Pod is a 1/4 mils strip. There are two lanes, so chances are you'll be on the strip at the same time as someone else. Occasionally they close one strip to clean it, but more that likely you'll be against someone. They don't do 0-60 times.

Hmmm, I'm really tempted to go, but it's my mums birthday that weekend :(

The problem is that she lives in South Manchester and I live in Milton Keynes, so it's not like I can spend part of the ay with her, it'll have to be a full weekend visit :|

I'll see if I can sweet talk her, but I won't hold my breath :P

Jim

jon_boy
01-10-02, 10:38 AM
i might go if i can get a mate to give me a lift cos i aint passed my test yet. if theres any convoy goin up from round herts area please do say! and i know the way quite well from south mimms service station. and there is a pub on the way that sells red stripe lager ( amazing stuff) and has the fittest barmaid ever!!! :D

mikesri
01-10-02, 03:57 PM
"and why is my route tricky?

I didn't mean ur route would be tricky i just meant that meeting up 4 a convoy would be difficult as we're all coming from different area's.

I'm not saying my car will do 100mph over a 1/4 mile but i suppose it would be a good idea 2 bring it just incase?

Do u think an sri could do 100mph over 1/4 mile?

Jim
01-10-02, 04:05 PM
no Mike, your car wont hit 100mph. You'll probably hit 70-80mph when crossing the line. The only novas hitting over 100mph were the 2.0l 16v Novas. Even then only a handful actually managed to get over the 100mph mark.

mikesri
01-10-02, 04:23 PM
cool i'll leave my crash helmet at home then! Saves weight n e way!!!
As its open 2 other cars is it likely 2 be really busy then?

Jim
01-10-02, 04:32 PM
It could be busy, seeing as it's coming up to winter and I doubt there will be many more RWYB days this year. Get there nice and early, say between 9-10 and you should get a couple of runs throughout the day.

Jim.

Ash1
01-10-02, 05:35 PM
hi can anyone tell me were it is ?
i live on the Wirral how long will it take?
hope my car doesnt over heat on the way lol

Aragorn
01-10-02, 06:39 PM
http://www.santapod.com/

wirral - is that near liverpool?

if so you'll prolly be taking the m6 and if so we could meet up somewhere on the way down

why would it overheat u having problems?

spanishfly
01-10-02, 09:30 PM
i reckon a good idea for us southeners is to meet at south mimms if u want to go by convoy!!! and if not make ur own way!!!

as regards to helmet, my 1.4 sr got a 17.00 1.4 with terminal spped of 79.46 mph.... so simple answer is no u don't! as jim says!!!
jim u gotta come tell her she'll get an extra special prezzie :)

Dicko
01-10-02, 09:40 PM
yes im up for that i dont care if i haveto have a sicky its about time i did that. Anybody willing to store some tools+spare wheel 4 me if i race :)

hoping for 15.8s 1/4 mile time but doubtful ATM

we shall see

CP
02-10-02, 12:03 AM
Don't want to put a dampner on things but if it rains they shut the strip down - no refunds I'm afraid. If it is showery however they are pretty good at trying to get it open in between.
It has been very busy of late. If you want to run be sure to be at the gates before 9.00am. Its first come first served and the regulars get there at the crack of dawn. There maybe large queues and a restricted number of runs.

I'll keep an eye on the weather and let you know if it looks like its gonna be rained off.

If you have not had a go up a drag strip b4 I would recommend having a go - its really good fun and it doesn't matter what you are driving.

Jim
02-10-02, 08:53 AM
I really wanna go Spaishfly, I'm getting an earful at the minute, not so much from my mum, but from me girlfriend...she thinks it's only right that we go and see my mum on her birthday :roll:

I dunno what to do, theres things that need sorting on my car aswell, I might have to wait until next year before I run it up the strip :|

I'll let you know what I'm doing though when I've begged...er...I mean asked my girlfriend :wink:

Jim

spanishfly
02-10-02, 07:39 PM
tell the missus u'll get her a nice prezzie too :lol:

locky
02-10-02, 10:20 PM
Slim jim, tell her ur gona take her out on a nice day trip! well u aint gona b lying ru! and it aint ur fault u ended up at santa pod, and u gave the bloke/woman 2 much money, and u dont wana waste it so u gota do 1 or 2 runs lol, mind u if i did that 2 my missis id av a rite earful lol!

Jim
03-10-02, 09:01 AM
LOL Locky. Hmmm, nice idea.

wizz kid
16-10-02, 09:42 PM
there shall be a lot of cosworths and a few others i went with a mate who owns a unlimted street rod 7.2 chevvy :o in a 1956 dorset (12.50 at 101mph) we went last week there was a perlesent pink 2.0l which was nice broke a driveshaft though :cry: and some times a top fueler but they waste 45mins getting the track ready for a 5 sec run at 287 mph s**t