PDA

View Full Version : Does it annoy you?

AlexW
05-07-08, 10:34 PM
That your nova is sat there not allowed to be on the road due to the mot man saying its got too much rust? Im getting fed up it being sat at my mums collecting rust and only idleing 10mins a day or two without a proper run.

And what is even worse is i cant get the welding done as everytime im told it will get done to be let down :( I also cant afford to buy parts or anything.

Im sure im sounding like some of you when your project stalls.

Rant over.

Andy
05-07-08, 10:42 PM
Yeah it can be annoying but you just have to live with it.Or have a go at welding it yourself.One thing ive learnt is NEVER rely on anyone but yourself as others will make promises they wont keep and you can guarantee its the ones who really owe you aswell

AlexW
05-07-08, 10:44 PM
Yep he owes me for his mini wiring. but to be honest i dont have enough self confidance to just pick up the welder and have a go, wouldnt know where to start! (me trys to not sound too stupid)

Jack
05-07-08, 11:45 PM
Best option to start into welding is to get ahold of a load of scrap metal and just practice on that until you're good/confident enough to have a crack at the car. Its a handy skill to learn.

burgo
06-07-08, 02:35 AM
:confused: ive never had that problem. but then my brother is a MOT tester and over looks the holes i tell him to ignore lol

jimbob-mcgrew
06-07-08, 03:09 AM
ooh again, burgo u dirty *******

burgo
06-07-08, 06:07 AM
:p you love it

Jamie D
06-07-08, 08:48 AM
Anyone know were i can buy a decent welder for good money :confused: . my nova is pretty clean at the moment but ive got a fealing im going to need to be doing some welding in the future to come :D

burgo
06-07-08, 08:58 AM
ebay is probably the easiest place.

Jamie D
06-07-08, 09:01 AM
yeah thought so :) what type of welder would be best to start off with? im going to have a look for one now :thumb:

burgo
06-07-08, 09:03 AM
for general hobby type welding you will want a mig. avoid gasless crap. as for power you probably wont need above 100amp but if you can get one with a fan

Jamie D
06-07-08, 09:08 AM
yeah just been looking at some gasless ones now. thanks for the advice mate :thumb:

Philsutton
06-07-08, 01:06 PM
and also car body welding is the worst kind of welding you can do to learn lol, saying that if you can crack that you can weld anything with no problem. Especially novas as they are about 2 microns thick.

AlexW
06-07-08, 01:23 PM
Especially novas as they are about 2 microns thick.

Even that is pushing it! They might have well used paper. would have been cheaper and problery last longer.

bai1ey
06-07-08, 03:21 PM
going back to the annoying thing. it annoys me when it is sat there with mot but can not go on the road because the mot tester passed a unroad worthy car .>:( rant over