PDA

View Full Version : first album and newist album!

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 12:47 PM
yo i found this thread from 2001 and thought i would revive it as its a good idea!!!!

any way my first album i eva bought was cappadonna - the pillage
and the latest album i bought was a old london posse album!

so what bout you lot?

wisewood
26-09-02, 12:53 PM
I have no idea what hte first album I ever bought was - possibly Prodigy - Jilted Generation. or was it Experience - I know Experience was the first album but i don't remember which wasy round I bought them.
That was on cd anyway - not counting on tape because that is jsut silly old fashioned naff quality rubbish.

The newest one, Queens of the Stoneage - bought on Sunday.
Before that - Nickelback, Silver Side Up...
Before that - some dancey compilation...

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 12:56 PM
i was chattin to my mates the other day and came to the conversation of how log cds have been about for and to be quite honest i havent a clue do you knoe?????

go on rev inlighten me please!

wisewood
26-09-02, 01:02 PM
Since the mid to late 80's mate - they reckoned when they were launched that they were much better than tapes as the quality never wore out as it was digital and they were almost indestructable...
Unless that is you happen to drop it on the soft carpet in your living room in which case no matter which way up it lands it will never play ever again as even the slightest mark will prevent it fom playing. LMAO @ F**KING INDESTRUCTABLE. Idiot Scientists think we are daft.

Alex
26-09-02, 01:18 PM
i also remember them promoting cds. They claimed they could hold the same amount of data as 5 hard disks! Shows you how small they were in those days.

Tilly
26-09-02, 01:23 PM
The first 1 i brought was a New Kidz on the block
Latest one was Clubland

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 01:25 PM
lol thanks for the info lads!!!

they sounded pretty shite back in tha day!

and the tecnology must have moved on considerably!!!!!

Ben (lurk75)
26-09-02, 05:48 PM
lol at the london posse, i have got all the originals on 12" (i never bought em new i aint that old)
(also got most of the prodigys early stuff on 12" like everybody in the place, Charlie, Start the dance etc etc)

First album was probably Madness, latest one i think was... erm... Nellys new one and Bustas new one (mate bought when in the states :wink: )
The latest on I bought myself was a Ragga Complimation.

(i have a very diverse taste in music) :o

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 05:56 PM
ahhh so you like rodney p do ya?

wisewood
26-09-02, 06:04 PM
lurk you can't call start the dance an early prodigy tune... it was 1995.

"Out of Space" - now there is an early one.
although i must say start the dance is one of my favorite tunes of all time.

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 06:14 PM
"Out of Space" - now there is an early one.

it sure is!!!

damn!

Ben (lurk75)
26-09-02, 06:23 PM
No you are right wisewood but it is early compared to the b*llocks they brought out in there last stint, like phat of the land and all that jive.

(i bought it as its my favorite)

I got some really weird stuff from back in the day. my 12" collection is something like a hard to find catalouge, heres a few for you to think about....

papau new guinea
nookie
altern8
liquid
blame

could go on all night but would get depressed as sold my decks and cant play em :cry:

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 06:25 PM
well if eva you are up 4 selling some of the london posse stuff on 12" you know where to come mate!!!!!!!

wisewood
26-09-02, 06:38 PM
you can't say fat of the land is pants mate... may not be your cup of tea but it is a F**king good album. It was that album that steared me away from mainstream dance and more towards rock and stuff like that.

They are jsut not the same band as in the early days, they all grew up and so did their music... Even Kieth Flint - look back to the experience days and he was just a dancer, there for show... and now he is hte front man of one of the biggest bands on the planet - mostly to do with his vocals and image on the fat of the land album.
So - not really your taste - but it did the job it was their to do - it made a statement that the prodigy were not just some half arsed dance band and should be taken seriously... :D

I got a bit carried away there... sorry...

lmao

nova_lad_uk
26-09-02, 06:41 PM
GOD?
GOD?

DONT YOU MEAN TUNA?

LOL

wisewood
26-09-02, 07:18 PM
Don't know what you mean mate :wink: :D

Tilly
26-09-02, 08:02 PM
u showing your age now

wisewood
26-09-02, 11:36 PM
who is showing their age and why
?

ade
27-09-02, 01:48 AM
Lurk m8 - some classic tunes on that wee list.

I used to go to school with one of the guyz from altern8! - got to sit on that mad armoured personel carrier thing - think every kid at my school had on of them dust masks loaded with vics! (for those that havnt a clue there was a rumour about sniffing vics vaporub and something to to with coca cola and paracetamol!)

Trawled through my old cd's - have some of them little cds u need an adapter for. Think the 1st one I bougfht was Substance double cd by New Order.

Prodigy's Out a Space is well smart - not as good as the extended mix of "Pragga Khans injected with a poison though!" Now thats a kickin tune to play with the windows down!

Back to the early 90's - classic period - bought the new Kisstory back to the 90's the other day - got Urban cookie collective and N Trance on it! Even found an old cd of Oceanics Take me into Insanity! wheres my glow stick!!!

:D :D :D :D 8) 8)

nova_lad_uk
27-09-02, 11:20 AM
u showing your age now

what are you on about lol
:D

Ben (lurk75)
28-09-02, 12:54 AM
Wise wood thats fair enough mate after all im always getting dissed for having an opinion so of course i will grant you yours :lol:

ade got nearly all of the altern8 tunes all on 12" singles its like half a crate full. have got nearly 2k singles most of the early old skool is a mates that i look after for him, he used to play at the eclipse in coventry etc (all the huge free parties etc) i kind of stick to drum n bass, hip hop etc. Although i do play all the other stuff and when he gets skint i buy one of his classics of him :lol: explotation is the name of the game :lol:

could talk all night about tunes but hey gotta go to bed.

Tilly if that comment was aimed at me then you best be watching your back :!:

Tilly
28-09-02, 05:31 PM
wasnt aimed at anyone just you talking well old songs there

ade
29-09-02, 01:53 AM
lol!

I was at some club the other week and they were playing clasic 90's dance/trance stuff - all that 2/236, capella, k klass stuff - me and me m8's danced solidly for about 2 hours waving our arms in the air!

Now in the "olden days" - I could do that no probs. But after I stopped and we were walking home I was absolutely shagged!

Woke up next morning and was stiffer than a necrophiliacs ultimate fantasy!

Unreal how unfit you can get just sitting on yer arse in an office all day for 5 years!

I need football and not the kind on tv or PS2!

GRVaux
29-09-02, 01:30 PM
I honestly can't remember the first CD Album i ever brought.

It would have been somthing dancey though.
Last one i brought was either Lab4 - Virus, or, Ibiza Euphoria, mixed by donkey Dave Pearce.