PDA

View Full Version : Full Magnex Problem

Gibby
26-09-02, 09:58 AM
Hi, My problem is that I just bought a full stainless Magnex exhaust system and it doesnt fit my engine. The exhaust is a 2 pin but the engine is a 3 pin. The engine is a 1.2i and I think the exhaust is for a 1.4 >. Is there anyway I can make the exhaust fit without too much work?
Cheers

Aragorn
26-09-02, 10:55 AM
what exactly is 2 pin??

the manifold mounting bolts?

the downpipe to system mounting bolts?

the 1.2i uses the same head as the 1.4 and 1.4i iirc with small square ports

a system for a 1.2carb prolly wont fit right since the carb head used larger oval ports

if u've got the system for the carb engine you could get a head from a 1.2 carb and use that but i think u then wont be able to mount your inlet manifold on the other side so thats a bit useless

anyways more info - whats 2pin and 3 pin then we might be able to help

Gibby
26-09-02, 01:08 PM
?
V

Gibby
26-09-02, 01:24 PM
Ok, one of my mates is a mechanic he said that the Exhaust has 2pins which are supposed to connect to the engine. When he put my car up on the ramp he noticed that the cars engine had three pins therefore the exhaust wouldn't fit. The only way he said it might be able to fit is if a downpipe with 3pins on it is fitted to the engine and then fitted to the exhaust. The problem with this is that the downpipe would have to fit the manifold of the exhaust.

Aragorn
26-09-02, 09:32 PM
does the system include a manifold?

im guessing not

so ur gonna need a manifold or downpipe with the 2pin format your require for your car

Dicko
05-10-02, 12:44 PM
he said full system, and the only full system magnex do fit all models apart from the 1.0/1.2i/1.4i SPI engines.
the system will not fit any other manifold!!!

U HAVE A PROBLEM!!!