PDA

View Full Version : WARNING DEEP WATER!

Anonymous
04-11-00, 11:16 AM
With all the floods around i thought i would just warn you lads to check how deep the air intake is on your cars before you go wading. I think it could be lower than you think on injected engines! Be warned if you suck up water and it fills the engine the piston can't squash it like with air and something has to give. You could end up with conrods like bannanas! My mates seen loads like this in his garrage this week.

Anonymous
04-11-00, 11:20 AM
wahay, good job i liv in west yorkshire, "aint shit all happenin round ere!" dry as a bone!! ta n e way

Anonymous
04-11-00, 01:49 PM
he he he the sun is to hot here today in newcastle i have just valeted the car and went for a criuse round the coast!

Anonymous
05-11-00, 03:17 PM
what about water IN THE CAR.. mines as water tight as a fishing net and I now have a nice pond in my foot well for the ducks to swim in... no joke!

Anonymous
06-11-00, 01:11 PM
I've been driving mine in water half way up the mk2 headlights buve i've got new vauhall leads and dizzy cap on and they have silicone sealing them and i've got a corsa air box and the intake is in the battery tray also i've have put some petrolium jelly on the door seals so they seal better