PDA

View Full Version : Fabricage Roll Cages

greg1.4
04-07-08, 10:23 PM
i would just like to tell you guys about Fabricage..

some of you will probably know them or dealt with them before but i have been looking for a full multipoint weld in roll cage for about 6 months now..

I had phoned/looked on internet at every cage manufacturer i could think of and the weld in cages were a fortune.. I heard alot about Custom Cages and i had just about ordered from them for £880 plus postage on top of that..:eek:

only about a month ago, my uncle decided to tell me about a company called Fabricage where he got his roll cages from for his Legacy and Impreza rally car, he said the guy was fantastic to deal with and the cages were cheap but very good quality, just as good as Custom Cages..

So i got in touch with the guy and right enough, he was very helpful and great to deal with.. I got full weld in cage for £480 iirc including postage, i also asked for extra bars and gussets to be put in and he gave us them free of charge!

It took about 4 weeks to make the cage from scratch but its well worth the wait imho..

He also prepares shells, and in the workshop a week or 2 ago was a nova being stitch welded/strengthened and caged up..so if anyone needs that done, i am sure its worth asking him..

We were that impressed by Fabricage (mainly because he was great to deal with and was VERY helpful, not like some of the other cage places we phoned) that i offered to advertise his company on my car.. He sent us some stickers for it and said he would be very grateful if i let people know about him..

Greg

Lee H
04-07-08, 10:36 PM
Thats where my cage came from and can't fault it, I actually prefer it to the Safety Devices one in my other car.

chris gsi
04-07-08, 10:37 PM
they are very good cages i have one fitted to mine and dave marshall has one as well the stickers get everywhere lol

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/chris_1981/S4020598.jpg

greg1.4
04-07-08, 10:53 PM
i did think to myself he will give stickers to everyone but i got the small stickers with the cage but a few days later i got bigger stickers through the post etc.. not just wee window stickers..

trackdaynova
04-07-08, 10:59 PM
Chris thats the best photo of a rollcage I've ever seen lol lol lol

mowgli
05-07-08, 07:23 AM
that roof mounted no.plate is illegal though

Mike
05-07-08, 08:17 AM
Fabricage, i couldnt recomment them enough TBH!! I had one of there cages literally save my life in a C2 Super 1600! The fitting was superb too, went in a dream!

greg1.4
07-07-08, 10:09 AM
what were you doing in a c2 super 1600?? they things are awesome..i would love a go in one..

are you into rallyin mike?

Dod
07-07-08, 10:28 AM
Lads, if they're so good, why havent any of you posted contact details for them? lol

Where they based btw?

greg1.4
07-07-08, 10:45 AM
i was thinking that too Dod..lol

here is the number..01223 870563

tbh, i cant remember where he is based..

Mike
07-07-08, 05:39 PM
what were you doing in a c2 super 1600?? they things are awesome..i would love a go in one..

are you into rallyin mike?

I used to build/drive/co-drive rally cars as a day job for a private company :thumb:

EDIT: The reason I didnt post Fabricages phone number up is becuase there cage's retail for more then your normal Nova lol

chris gsi
07-07-08, 09:14 PM
i was thinking that too Dod..lol

here is the number..01223 870563

tbh, i cant remember where he is based..

he is based in cambridge :thumb:

Dod
07-07-08, 11:07 PM
Fantastic!

I need to make a call tomorrow so.

greg1.4
08-07-08, 11:59 AM
you buying a cage from him?

Dod
08-07-08, 12:57 PM
Well, I'd like to think so but shipping is going to be a MAJOR factor. I'm gonna price one and weigh it up against what an ROI Company can do it for.

Jim
08-07-08, 01:45 PM
I heard alot about Custom Cages and i had just about ordered from them for £880 plus postage on top of that..:eek:...

...I got full weld in cage for £480 iirc including postage, i also asked for extra bars and gussets to be put in and he gave us them free of charge!
Just out interest, which custom cage were you looking at for that price and for what car? I bought a full custom cage direct from them for under £400 last year so I'm quite surprised to hear they quoted you so much :confused: I know steel has gone up in price, but it can't be that expensive can it?

burgo
08-07-08, 01:48 PM
Just out interest, which custom cage were you looking at for that price and for what car? I bought a full custom cage direct from them for under £400 last year so I'm quite surprised to hear they quoted you so much :confused: I know steel has gone up in price, but it can't be that expensive can it?exactly. i think your wrong greg. even there dogs bollox t45 multipoint jobbie is only £780

there 6 point weld in "club" cage is £336

Dod
08-07-08, 05:22 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, it seems bolt ones can be gotten for in and around €400 do in the South of Ireland.

greg1.4
08-07-08, 05:24 PM
yes the Custom Cages weld in multipoint cage is £800

phone Custom Cages and ask them for your selves..they say it is the price of steel..they have not updated the website yet so the say..

if the Custom Cages cage was £400 i would of had it! but when they said it was £800 i looked elsewhere..

greg1.4
08-07-08, 05:25 PM
fabricage done my FULL WELD IN MULTIPOINT CAGE with EXTRA GUSSETS and FORWARD TRIANGULATION for £500 including delivery.. i have invoice and pic of cage if any of you want to see.

and yes bolt in cages are alot cheaper but i dont fancy having one for a forest rally car..my family is into rallying (my uncle and dad) and i have seen a few of there cars after being crashed and my dad has been upside down too many times..he wants a decent cage. I dont mind paying the extra if its going to save us in a bad accident if we ever happen to have one, which i hope not

Iain
08-07-08, 05:28 PM
Pics of the cage sounds good.

greg1.4
08-07-08, 05:43 PM
oh and just to let you know..Custom Cages do not make a T45 cage anymore..the best cage you can buy now is the CDS multipoint weld in..Its exactly the same cage but different metal..

and the CDS cage is about £800!

Fabricage do the same cage (and i asked for extras) for £500..

ok pics in 2 mins..

greg1.4
08-07-08, 06:01 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/Greg_Mcknight/P7070234.jpg

Jim
08-07-08, 07:31 PM
That really surprises me about cstome cages. This is the kit that I bought:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2136/2197591788_e18081ac8d.jpg

I might give them a call to see how much more it is now, but I really can't believe this same cage will now cost almost double :confused:

draper
08-07-08, 07:53 PM
did the ends of either cage come profiled ?

Andy Jeb
08-07-08, 08:54 PM
Just out of intrest what type of door bars do you get? Like to see a pic of one fitted

Andy

greg1.4
08-07-08, 11:17 PM
X door bars..
X on roof
X on rear
Forward triangulation to strut tops
Bar Behind dash
Triangulated to the rear strut tops
Strut Brace
Harness Bars

Cant remember what else..

greg1.4
08-07-08, 11:22 PM
Jim give them a call if you like...would be good to see what they tell you.

but i got told the cage was £800 or something..and they said they didnt make the T45 cage anymore..

i aint telling fibs here, as Custom Cages was the type of cage i was going to buy to start with as they are supposed to be really good cages.. i looked on there website and it said about £400 iirc so i thought great, get that ordered up..then when i phoned to order , they said it was going to be £800 ish and said the price of steel etc was making it so dear..

Andy Jeb
09-07-08, 12:09 AM
X door bars..
X on roof
X on rear
Forward triangulation to strut tops
Bar Behind dash
Triangulated to the rear strut tops
Strut Brace
Harness Bars

Cant remember what else..

Thats bloody good, might have to make a call myself. Are they profiled?

Andy

burgo
09-07-08, 01:49 AM
well if the prices have gone up that much my one of cage is looking cheap :)

Mike
09-07-08, 07:12 AM
Hhhhmmm, the price of steel has not long dropped though?

Sturge
09-07-08, 05:54 PM
Sorry Greg but you're very much mistaken!

Custom cages, fully homologated cds multipoint weld in cage, 38.6kg excluding footplates (which don't exactly weigh a lot) is £527.

T45 kit, 45.5kg (it's heavier because it was homologated under different rules so some bits are heavier gauge to comply) comes in at £779

Tend not to sell the T45 kit as it's heavier so a bit pointless.

FITTING however comes in at around the £800 mark, this has gone up a fair bit due to increases in consumables and energy costs.

Also, the website is new, kept fully up to date, and prices are accurate!

The CDS kit is extremely light for what it is, comes fully cnc bent, profiles are also cut on a CNC so it's extremely accurate and the kit was recently redeveloped so should fit perfectly!

Also, those of you from PVG may remember an open ended group buy, which I'd imagine will still apply. Will have to check with the boss but iirc it's a 10% discount for 5 cages or more, could possibly get a bit more for 10 cages.

Sturge
09-07-08, 06:00 PM
Also, I may be wrong, but as far as I know fabricage stuff isn't FIA approved for international motorsport (may be MSA but that's only national club level stuff) whereas the majority Custom Cages kits are. This isn't cheap to get so obviously has to be considered in the price of the cage!

greg1.4
09-07-08, 07:10 PM
mmm..sorry.

but i definelty got told it was going to be £800 (i wanted the CDS cage) and they said that on the phone..i may have picked them up wrong but positive thats what they said on the phone..

as i have said before i was going to be buying a Custom Cages cage (i phoned them first) and when i heard it was £800 i thought no chance, i will try elsewhere..

if i knew it was £527 i would of had it, as i know how good the Custom Cages are..

Sturge
09-07-08, 08:59 PM
How long ago was it you called? Got a fairly new receptionist so it's possible she's given you the price for fitting rather than for the cage?? That's all i can think of as the cage price has only increased a little bit in the 3 years I've been there

Rick Draper
09-07-08, 09:49 PM
If i get another nova shell i will be fitting a custom cages cage.

greg1.4
09-07-08, 11:34 PM
How long ago was it you called? Got a fairly new receptionist so it's possible she's given you the price for fitting rather than for the cage?? That's all i can think of as the cage price has only increased a little bit in the 3 years I've been there

tbh..i cant remember, it would of been in the last 2 or 3 months anyway..

well if i had been told the cage was £527 or whatever..i would of had one..

oh, i think the only bad thing about fabricage is they dont give you diagrams..having a bit of trouble sorting out the back of the cage..lol