alrite my mates got a nova gsi with the 1600 in it he has already
got a four branch manifold kent fast road cam with verner pully
and a panel filter and wants to no whats recomended next? we have
seen a few nova gsi rally cars on you tube etc and they look quick
does any one no the sort of spec engines these cars have and are carbs
or injection better all info will help cheers:thumb:

burgo
04-07-08, 07:48 PM
injection is obviously better. as for the next step id be tempted to go for a ported head. either that or after market management. all depends on his budget to be honest

xe Dan
04-07-08, 08:53 PM
what about a super chip or is that not any good and could bigger valves be fitted with out pocketed piston when the heads ported and polished

burgo
04-07-08, 08:55 PM
superchip is pointless and a waste of money. bigger valves can be fitted and as to wether the pistons need pocketing depends on the amount of lift the cam has

novacabrio
04-07-08, 09:11 PM
turbo it!

mowgli
04-07-08, 09:16 PM
nova gte group a rally cars never had much more than 155-160bhp, but they had to run original size manifolds, raise the compression, bigger valves, ported head, aftermarket management.... usual stuff.
cheaper to fit a 2.0 xe

craig green
04-07-08, 11:37 PM
turbo it!

The best way of getting a 1600 8v to go.... IMO yes.

If staying N/A, head work is a must. I had a CS15 Courtenay head with enlarged inlet valves. It was good.

Irmscher do an enlarged TB for these. Its 150 quid but still available from Vauxhall IIRC.

burgo
04-07-08, 11:49 PM
cheaper to get the TB from a scrappie craig as it was just one that was fitted to an omega i beleave

Mike
05-07-08, 09:01 AM
The Grp A engines used a drastically ported head, fiddled ECU and ignition map, the AFM was altered, the inlet manifold was also a larger diameter then standard :thumb:

As said, turbo it. Its funking easy TBH. Mine owes me about £400 so far (most of that was engine rebuild parts mind) ive got a Garrett T2 charger for sale ready to go aswell lol and a twin pass intercooler lol

Ignore what people say about "getting a small block turbo manifold is impossible" as its not :thumb: there ten a penny if you know where to look ;)

xe Dan
05-07-08, 10:57 AM
is there any thing on hear explainin wot needs to be done for turboin and wot parts are needed and where the best place to get them from also do we no what omega the tb comes off of and is it a straight or a modifiin job

Mike
05-07-08, 11:37 AM
Fcuk an Omega T/B. Not really worth it IMO. A GSi T/B will flow 150/160bhp all day long anyway.

Nothing on here as such with regards to "How to turbo your 1600", its all DIY work, literally!