PDA

View Full Version : cscs cards

turbojolt
04-07-08, 07:37 PM
anyone know how i get one of these or which one you need to do labouring on building site lol

burgo
04-07-08, 07:44 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cscs+card&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

turbojolt
04-07-08, 07:51 PM
yer thanks mate

but anyone got one here then what colour do you have

burgo
04-07-08, 07:53 PM
http://www.cscs.uk.com/RunScript.asp?page=133&p=ASP\Pg133.asp

going by this you will want a green one!

mowgli
04-07-08, 08:06 PM
the question is how much provable experience do you have?

Are you of eastern european extraction???

turbojolt
04-07-08, 08:07 PM
no im not a easten eurpean and i have worked on site wince i was 15 so 5 year

turbojolt
04-07-08, 08:08 PM
see but i have never been on the books and don't have no qualifications

mowgli
04-07-08, 08:11 PM
if you are self employed, then you should have provable experience....cash in hand doesn't count. to be honest, getting thru a safety course is about as hard as being able to stand up & fart at the same time... blag the experience if needed

I thought the big sites in London were completely staffed by eastern europeans earning poor money........

turbojolt
04-07-08, 08:13 PM
na a mate gave me a number to a agency that pays £9hr all i need is me cscs card but never payed slips so i have funked me self lol

and I'm not self employed

turbojolt
04-07-08, 08:15 PM
as well i have passed a health and safety already but that was for working in a garage dose that count lol i cant find the certificate

bai1ey
04-07-08, 08:29 PM
erm go to your local job centre and thay will have the number thay was goin to put me though mine for free i am sure it happerns in most areas

Adam
04-07-08, 08:32 PM
Its quite easy to pass too.
Its just an hour exam iirc

mowgli
04-07-08, 08:33 PM
as well i have passed a health and safety already but that was for working in a garage dose that count lol i cant find the certificate

building site safety is much more complicated...........................in a garage, the machinery is usually stationary, & not being driven by some maniac with a brand new cscs card!!!!!
by the way, always give telescopic loaders tons of room, I know for a fact that several prisons train up inmates get them tested prior to release, to get them on the straight & narrow......

turbojolt
04-07-08, 08:47 PM
lmao OK will do never worked on a huge site before looking forward to it lol od agencys pay you slips for you

twistysnovagte
04-07-08, 10:11 PM
ive recently took mine,cscs,cpcs all of 8 mins in the sitting roomlol as mowgli says experiance/revision is everything,its pretty god dam simple,if you were to fail id give up and go packing shelves in asda.we now have a large contarct with morgan ashurst,who are pretty keen for all your cards.its now compulsory with most contractors to show your cscs card in the induction;)

turbojolt
05-07-08, 11:02 AM
i might go down the job center then do you think they will still do it for free when im not signed on the dol

Mike
05-07-08, 11:35 AM
You need to take your H&S theory test before you can even apply for an apprentice one let alone a skilled worker one :thumb:

turbojolt
05-07-08, 11:55 AM
ok but cant i do that all in the same test day

Graeme
05-07-08, 11:55 AM
I did mine in about ten minutes also in the back of a converted wagon and if you don't pass i would be worried it the easiest thing I have ever done and the only thing i learnt was the fire extinguisher colours

turbojolt
05-07-08, 11:58 AM
oh yer the colours that every one forgets after doing any helth and safty test lol

mowgli
05-07-08, 04:16 PM
I did a confined spaces/breathing apparatus course last year, it took 2 days, & was fantastic. we were basically scuba diving in the dry in dark tunnels in a shed in wellingborough. It confirmed the biggest thing in safety, that communication with your team is vital.

Graeme
05-07-08, 07:08 PM
Thats them yeah if I saw a fire on any job i was working on I'd be in my van and off on the way home not trying to work out the most suitable extinguisher

djbrowney
05-07-08, 07:43 PM
i did my health and safety test a couple of weeks ago, was sat in the test with the question 'what colour is a fire escape sign' didnt even think about the answer just looked up at the door and the answer was there in front of me written on a huge sign 'fire escape hear' written in green and white, just about sums up how easy the test is mate lol

turbojolt
05-07-08, 08:20 PM
its coloured for the blind and deaf mate lol

twistysnovagte
05-07-08, 08:25 PM
I did a confined spaces/breathing apparatus course last year, it took 2 days, & was fantastic. we were basically scuba diving in the dry in dark tunnels in a shed in wellingborough. It confirmed the biggest thing in safety, that communication with your team is vital.been there done that mate,we actualy trained in a live system,but team work is vital when your stuck in a meter diamater pipe 3 meters underground;)

Lee
05-07-08, 09:40 PM
oh yer the colours that every one forgets after doing any helth and safty test lol

Waste of time anyway IMO. The last H&S bollox i had to endure started with the pleb making sure we knew all the extinguisher colours, and ended with him telling us that if there was a fire, we weren't to tackle it in any circumstances.

Utter piffle.

Jack
05-07-08, 09:43 PM
Reminds me of the pre-ops training course. They spent an hour telling us the procedure for proper radio communications, then an hour of "practice"; then a guy told us that basically, we can forget all that - if there's a problem just get on the radio and say "help, I'm a civilian". Apparently, the radio control people will sh!t themselves if a civvy gets on the radio as it will probably mean all the soldiers are either dead, or in process of lol

turbojolt
05-07-08, 11:23 PM
lmao what regiment you in mate me bother is going in to light infantry training on the 10th of agus

mowgli
05-07-08, 11:29 PM
lmao what regiment you in mate me bother is going in to light infantry training on the 10th of agus

what, they fight with torches???

RJ is on a higher security clearance than the military..........subject closed

turbojolt
05-07-08, 11:53 PM
lmao funny funker

turbojolt
08-07-08, 04:18 PM
i booked my test the next available date was the 28th so looks like I'm going to be skint for a long time yet lol