PDA

View Full Version : shes passed her test!(first time)

twistysnovagte
04-07-08, 06:09 PM
well having had a go at the mot tester on its last test,which failed only silly things like indicator bulbs etc.i decided to take meritlover's advice;) and go over the car myself,i know this may sound daft to some of you guys,but i got the haynes manual out, and went all over the working off the electrics i.e indicators,horn etc,then i got under the car had a good look at all the gaitors cv boot exhaust and so-on( with the haynes in hand,litrelylol ).in she went this morning at 9pm, came back out with ONE advisery(slight welding/3"inch squre bit of plate needs replacing)and a PASS:D.

andy

L14MNP
04-07-08, 06:12 PM
Well done mate! I've always been a fan of your calypso red GTE :)
It pays to check it over thoroughly yourself!

NovaLad
04-07-08, 06:19 PM
Congrats!

Jack
04-07-08, 07:10 PM
Frankly, I'm surprised anyone would take a car for an MOT without having checked it over first.

Lynsey
04-07-08, 07:13 PM
I never checked the SRi, just took it in because I knew it'd pass :D
If you spend enough time buggering around with your cars you usually know them inside out anyway.

Stoo
04-07-08, 07:14 PM
i was gonna say the same jack

Pre MOT checks are a no brainer

why waste the £45 or whatever it is nowadays just to see if it passes, and to find out if anythings wrong

granted the majority of places retest for free, but still. id rather know its at lleast 95% likely to pass

Riggy
04-07-08, 09:29 PM
lol i didnt check my nova before MOT failed on 2 wheels bearings and no water in washer bottle lol , but i had just built the thing so knew that it should have been fine , and it helps when the shell is a good one which is kept garaged

twistysnovagte
04-07-08, 09:50 PM
well to be "frankly"honest i have no idea about cars as in mechanical wise,as said thats why the haynes was with me at all times:) so i knew what i was looking for and where it was.i could of taken the car and had it passed without pre inspection etc of the vehicle amd would of passed first attempt without even being looked at,but i have a 5 year old son who travels along with me and wouldnt want my suspension turret collapsing at 70 on the motorway,i thought id just share my joyful day with you guys/girls;)

meritlover
05-07-08, 05:01 AM
iam delighted for you and your nova.
please do the welding and enjoy Nova-ing again.