PDA

View Full Version : ass end

wilk182
25-09-02, 11:34 PM
ive seen a few novas with their ass end smoothed where the number plate goes, so it looks flat. whats this called? wot does it entail? and how much does it roughly cost?? cheers 8) :|

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 11:46 PM
this is a smoothed tailgate, price depends on bodyshop.
most people weld a plate over th recess, look at peoples in the gallery to see different examples.

ade
27-09-02, 12:14 AM
cost wise depends on the shop like lurk says.

Look to pay anything from ?150 to ?400 if u include respray too.

Some smooth locks off and have no handle either!

Open using a soleniod from remote alarm!

I like to rear as it is.

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
27-09-02, 05:09 PM
Keep it real :!:

They look ok but bad ones look terrible and i think i have only ever seen one that i think wow that looks good, i think its a mod that suits the Corsa/Fiesta better as these are rounder styled cars, whereas the Nova is quite a square shape so dosent suit smoothed rears :!:

AS ALWAYS THIS POST IS MY PARTICULAR OPINION AND AM NOT PURPOSELY TRYING TO OFFEND/ANNOY ANYONE :!:

djp_y2k
27-09-02, 11:30 PM
I tend to agree with lurk, that a smoothed but on a nova can look tacky if not done right.

After time the filler starts to sink back and can start to crack making it look crap.

I personally like the smooth boot on a nova, but on the other hand it doesnt suit them all.

what I mean is, it all depends on colour of the car the style you are going for and how much work has been done to the car.

you may disagree however.

locky
29-09-02, 06:31 PM
If ur good with a welder and filler, u can do it yourself for a fraction of the price!
But please note that most bodyshops wont touch som1 elses filler! and wont wana finish off ne cock ups! i was able to do it myself, but it took a while, and i got the bodyshop to finish off the imperfectiond!
As for the smooth look, i think it suits my nova as i have curved arches rather than flaired arches, and if its done wrong, it does look terrible!

Magnexboy
29-09-02, 08:15 PM
i have had it done to my nova but my friend did it 4 me and he used a fibre glass weld that goes rock solid. my car is white to so it sutes it well but i dont think it sutes all colours as the other people have said. i personaly think it looks the k9's testicles. ask around places and then make up a price and say to a workshop "so and so will do it 4 (made up price)" and it sometimes works.

novax
18-10-02, 09:46 PM
If you've got the money to pay for it to be done very professionally, then do it. Otherwise don't bother.

?Marty?
19-10-02, 01:37 AM
Plus if it's done professionally, you have legal redress, should it start cracking or sinking.

Nova-Flair
20-10-02, 02:03 AM
i am not a fan of the smooth tailgate either its the numberplate which spoils the look due to the fact that u obviously have to re-locate it but when u do it looks out of place

fo0q
20-10-02, 12:57 PM
ive just flushed the boot on my nova,, welded a plate across, then fibreglass then a skim of filler on top...i also smoothed the wiper hole aswell while i was at it.

As for relocating the number plate, I got a pug 106 bumper and cut the recess out of that... then cut a hole in the nova bumper and bonded it in just under the lower swage line. took a bit of effort the smooth the sides in so it followed the curves of the bumper.

Ill get some pics up when i sprayed it up

?Marty?
21-10-02, 03:29 AM
If anyone wants a guide on how to do this (choice of dvd or vhs), send me ?25 and i'll pop my ass master 3 video in the post, and soon you'll be able to make any ass flush. :lol:

Chris LR
21-10-02, 06:51 PM
My pesonal preference (if I had the money) would be to smooth it then paint the reg back on at the bottom in a rectangle or to one side in a square.

Nova-Flair
22-10-02, 04:55 PM
If anyone wants a guide on how to do this (choice of dvd or vhs), send me ?25 and i'll pop my ass master 3 video in the post, and soon you'll be able to make any ass flush. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! marty u r officially novaloads 'king of comedy'