PDA

View Full Version : different rear bumper

ade
25-09-02, 10:48 PM
Anyone know of any other bumpers from other models with similar dimension to the nova mk2 bumper (width wise).

Looking for a different bumper for next project - something that can be adapted with fibreglass (needs to be coloured not black bendy plastic)

Was thinking pug? Seat new style rear? etc...

What about the nove sr front adapted to the rear? too curvey?

Too confused?

:P

mols1.2i
25-09-02, 11:05 PM
lol what u on m8? !!!

u can tell me where u got ur gsi kit fae and what kind of fuel cap u have lol

cheers,

?Marty?
26-09-02, 12:50 AM
Depending on the style/shape, you might be able to fit the bumper to the back of the nova one(or just a part of it), and then blend them both into one with filler/fiber-glass. Could end-up being a bit heavy though. Best thing to do though, in that case, is to let a company to use your creation to make moulds from. And buy the copywright off you/pay royalties for each one sold.

Matt Finary
26-09-02, 09:46 AM
Ade I have been looking to doing the same for the flying machine. I might be making a clio or dare I say saxo :o rear bumper from Carzone fit!

Matt :)

djp_y2k
26-09-02, 10:54 AM
You can make any bumper fit.

If you want a subtle look, my mate adapted a mk3 astra gsi rear bumper. Looked pretty cool.

mikeoxford
26-09-02, 11:17 PM
check this for different - my mate is modding a chrysler PT cruiser front bumper TO GO ON THE REAR!!!!

will post some pics when it resembles anything LOL

he also has bonnet vents of a chrysler voyager, and uses side skirts of a cherokee jeep - new shape.

NO SH!T - you can tell where he works ;)

he got me my heated seat pads :D

his car will look good when he gets some alloys - i sin the kit etc looks cool, but hes running astra GTE alloys on standard suspension at the moment :O

ade
27-09-02, 12:38 AM
want something deep on both front n rear - not too deep and to be torn off by shitty roads but deep so it sits low (when lowered 60mm).

Marty - I can make moulds myself - Fibreglass is pretty light when layered up properly so should be ok.

Saw a cool creation by colin Smoth - took a Nova mk standard and grafted part of a GSi bumper upside down on to it for the bottom.

Looks well smart - its on his site

Fancy something with some scoops running from the front to the sides - like Mickys taxi's bumper. foillowing this theme up round the arches, down the sides, over the rear arches and round the back - like this

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7f9b1b8e/bc/trax+2002/140+nova+bonnet+flip!.jpg?bcdRzu9AyzLYaB.U

but no big mouth
or even this -

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7f9b1b8e/bc/trax+2002/stunner.jpg?bcdRzu9AxrU7Hvxn

but not as low/extreme

although nice 2 tone effect.

Ade
:wink:

?Marty?
27-09-02, 12:59 AM
K-Tec Renault 5 bumper (rear). Like on Dan's (works for max power) green matalflaked one.

(Cheers pal)

Matt Finary
27-09-02, 05:38 PM
Renton is now the editor of redline with the BMW cossie and corsa gsi.
Or do you mean Dan he works for max power and has a green R5 GT turbo

Matt

wizz kid
27-09-02, 11:08 PM
project slam is wicked but i would not like to drive to work and back in it for a week it must take an hour to pull out of a junction

ade
27-09-02, 11:53 PM
lol - the prange max power one is a little extreme! I'd never be able to get out of my street! I;d end up getting grounded on the wee dip at the top of my road!

Bad enough just now with my splitter!

:roll:

jon_boy
29-09-02, 06:21 PM
it snot much of an idea but someone mentioned summin bout putting the roof spoiler things onto the rear bumper to make em look a bit better. well im trying it cos it looked like a laff. gets some pics done wen its ready! doesnt look too bad but im gonna need help! anyone good with bodywork near herts area?

locky
29-09-02, 06:41 PM
Ok then Ade, i have a few ideas u may wana consider!
try putting an ibiza splitter on your rear bumper, this added bot 3" to the depth, and looks good, try filling it into the body to make it as 1!
As for the vents on the sides of the bumper like on mickeys, u can do wot im in the middle of doing atm, go to local scrappys and look for a nissan bluebird. on the rear of the bluebirds the have vents, theyll prize out with a screwdriver, im using the type with the 3 fins, fill these into the bumper, and uv got a set of vents on ur bumper!
good luck

ade
29-09-02, 11:47 PM
cheers m8!

Gonna take a trip to me local scrappy before the winter kicks in.

Ade