PDA

View Full Version : yesterday

abbott
03-07-08, 02:47 PM
Yesrterday i made a 240 mile trip to go and see a nova off Pistonheads , now when i got there the nova was sitting in a garage and when it got taken out i noticed under the GSI skirts it looked very rusty , my old man popped himself under the car and noticed it had just been freshly undersealed (as in mega mega undersealed !!!) he questioned this and asked if the guy had any ramps , and was met with why ya want ramps its not gonna be rusty in a week is it , he explained that undersealing to that caliber is normally to hide something ,

we looked under the bonnet and it wasnt too bad although still undersealed at bits (LOL) ...... anyway to cut a long story short we tried haggling as it was up for 600 notes when they started saying someone else is coming round at 8 o clock , now im sorry but im not an ****hole this was blatantly made up on the spot they werent budging sooooooooooooooo we thought **** it and drove off , dont think they expected that as we had come a fair trek for it , 20 minutes later my bird phones saying the guy phoned her to say come back for the car at the haggled price but i was that amused by the whole situation i told her to tell him to just sell it to the guy coming round at 8 o clock !!

anyway last night i receieved another 2 texts and 2 phone calls asking me if i wanted the car they would do it at the haggled price , but im sorry im not driving another 240 miles for it HELL NOOOOO !!

oh yeah another part to the story !! 2 months ago i did nearly exactly the same journey (a town like 10 minutes away from the 1 i was yesterday ) for an XE nova and that was a shed too wich i politely told the guy to fcuck off ,,,, am i wasting my time looking for a nova under a grand or shall i carry on searching ?? :cry:

Jack
03-07-08, 03:02 PM
TBH these days you'll be lucky to find a decent one for under a grand. Some people have paid well in excess of £1k for rust-free examples. They are out there, so keep looking.

AlexW
03-07-08, 03:02 PM
Sounds like youve had bad expericans, but IMO its not hard to find a minter for under a Grand.... I know some people who have paid £100 for a mint one. But it depends on if you want to do any work or not. I got mine for £150 but it needs welding on the rear chassis leg and arch.

craig green
03-07-08, 03:07 PM
240 miles for a £600 Nova!! Must be nutts.

Try finding one advertised on a non-chav infested website.

AlexW
03-07-08, 03:09 PM
Also can i susgest looking in local papers and etc, Might see a nova that is owned by a old person/people.

abbott
03-07-08, 03:12 PM
well this is true , im looking for something needing work ...

my heart is fading out though , im 28 in a mid life crisis , as of late ive owned some pretty mad cars , but i always still had this itch for ONE LAST nova.......

AlexW
03-07-08, 03:22 PM
I do understand how you want another nova, I dont blame you! But keep looking around and remember to take what isnt to bad.

craig green
03-07-08, 03:41 PM
my heart is fading out though , im 28 in a mid life crisis , as of late ive owned some pretty mad cars , but i always still had this itch for ONE LAST nova.......

Still not too late to come to your senses!