PDA

View Full Version : x16xe into nova.

french riggy
02-07-08, 04:46 PM
Right i have a full donor car which is a tigra, is there anything else i need to convert my nova into an x16xe powered toy?

cheers. :thumb:

draper
02-07-08, 04:47 PM
its a straight swap

whats happening with the tigra shell ?

french riggy
02-07-08, 04:48 PM
prob weigh it in draper you after a cheap shell?

Adam
02-07-08, 04:55 PM
Whats fitted atm?
SPi??

draper
02-07-08, 04:59 PM
prob weigh it in draper you after a cheap shell?

the missus quite likes tigras so a shell would be good, id struggle to get it down to mine tho - something ill have to look into i think

Rexy
02-07-08, 06:31 PM
you know the car ad, Ouhhhh i've been posting on wilsons account.. whoops.

Its a 1.0 carb atm.

So its Tank and internal pump, with lines
GTE down pipe to mate to tigra manifold

Adam can you post your wiring guide again, I'm leaving the transponder etc on the engine for added security

BIGS
02-07-08, 09:52 PM
also havent the 1ltrs got diffrent drivers mount. so need to sort that out aswell

and are you keeping to the wide belt or changing to the slim one?

Adam
02-07-08, 09:56 PM
Lol

Aye, need a ohc drivers engine mount then too.

SPI tank
Mk3 astra mpi fuel pump
Injection fuel lines/return line

You will also need to run the wire for the fuel pump.
And need to sort an exhaust system, you can just about get the C16(not X) downpipe to fit a nova gsi/gte exhaust system, but the angles not quite right so you may get slight blowing. Easily sorted with a welder tho.

I dont have my wiring diagram on this laptop, but burgo posted it somewhere the other week, so maybe give him a pm.

Rexy
02-07-08, 10:32 PM
Okies, Oh and GSI big rad :D

Thats the list made, Best start some saving and shopping :D

BIGS
02-07-08, 10:34 PM
Okies, Oh and GSI big rad :D

Thats the list made, Best start some saving and shopping :D

nope im running my 1.2 one and that does the job just fine :D

Rexy
02-07-08, 10:36 PM
Mines a 1.0 tho boss, its slightly different inlet pipes etc, so might as well get a big rad.

BIGS
02-07-08, 10:38 PM
Mines a 1.0 tho boss, its slightly different inlet pipes etc, so might as well get a big rad.
Yea but if you cant get one easy enough just to let you know you can use a 1.2 one. and also you need a corsa top rad hose

Rexy
02-07-08, 10:39 PM
already with the engine :D

Cheers for the tip tho fella, I think i used a baby rad for my xe as i was desparate. then swopped for a gsi rad.

BIGS
02-07-08, 10:44 PM
yea gsi would be much better buy the smaller ones do the job. and also forgot to say to cut the lug off the gearstick so you can get 5th. you probley already know that tho. anything else you need to know just ask