PDA

View Full Version : Parcel Force - unbelievable!

ade
25-09-02, 12:22 PM
You lot aint gonna believe this (well maybe you will) - please read it if you have time - scarey parcel deliver stuff!

This is to show that when you buy something off someone on the internet and it isnt delivered on the day you expect - it isnt always the fault of the person who sent it...

September 2002 - posted a for sale selling a set of gte bumpers got a reply from a couple of replies and agreed to flog them to a guy in Birmingham

Friday 13/9/02 - packaged up bumpers and delivered package to parcel force in Glasgow, who charged me ?14.00 for carriage on their 48 hour delivery. Completed docket slip, paid cash and left presuming it would be delivered Tuesday (as the bloke advised) :)

Should have realised by the posting date this wasnt going to happen! :(

Got an email from the guy who bought them on Wednesday asking where they were - I advised should have been there tuesday so give them till Thursday just incase.

No joy.

I then get a card on Thursday evening advising me theres a parcel for me at Glasgow parcel force depot

Go down on Friday to discover the parcel has been returned. When I asked why, they didnt know and advised me to call their central tracking service. The delivery address had been scrawled out. They presumed it couldnt be delivered and advised me to check the postal address (which I knew was right coz I checked it against the post office PAF system the day before posting). The also said only one attempt had been made to deliver it and that it had been returned the same day.

Saturday Morning - I call parcel force 0800 22 44 66 number and after being on hold for 45 minutes speak to a nice bloke who advised that due to an input error the address on their system showed the wrong house number (2 digits transposed the wrong way round) hence the reason they couldnt deliver it. I asked didnt the driver look at the label on the package like most people woule - he couldnt explain why he didnt. He advised he'd sent a message to the Glasgow depot to call me urgently to advise whether I needed to come back in with a new delivery label or whether they could just post it off.

No one called.

By this time the guy in Birmingham was wondering what was going on as they still hadnt arrived. He'd called me on my mobile and I filled him in but was conscouus that from his perspective he'd paid good money for a package and that it could appear I was ripping him off.

I called back on Monday 0800 22 44 66 and asked what was going on. They advised that they would send ANOTHER message to get the depot to call me.

No one called

I called the depot direct and spoke to a girl who advised me to bring down my docket and new address label before 7pm.

I left work at 5.30 on Monday evening and drove for 40 miles to the depot from my work through hellish Glasgow rush hour traffic. Got there in good time and gave the guy my details explaining the situation. He advised the real reason it wasnt delivered was not only had it been updated on their system with the wrong address but also that there was no parcel force sticky label from the original docket on it and so could not be tracked. As a result it looked like it had not been paid for postage wise and as retuned "promptly".
After seeing the docket with the correctaddress and that it matched the package, he apologised and advised that they would upgrade the package to priority delivery and it would be there before 10am the next day (tuesday - today). Strangely the parcel force bloke said that the package was not guaranteed and that no insurance would be attached to the item. I said no bother thinking nothing of it.

I left thinking game over - sent the guy in b'ham a text advising and apologised for delay. He was cool.

Tuesday 11am - 2 weeks after package posted, I get a call from Rose in Parcel force leeds call centre advising that my package had been delivered to the address in Edinburgh and she was calling me to advise that the oroginal call I logged with them on Saturday was now closed coz the parcel had arrived at its desitnation :o

I said - what do you mean edinburgh! The package was supposed to be delivered to BIRMINGHAM - SOLIHULL INFACT!

She went quiet and checked her computer. She advise that it would appear, despite the address which was clearly rewritten by the parcel force bloke in the depot the night before showing a Birmingham postcode and going to Solihull WEST MIDLANDS, they had infact updated it to be delivered to SHIRLEY in Edinburgh!

Now, excuse me for being totally thick but how the F U C K does a package clearly marked with solihull with a B90 postcode end up in SHIRLEY IN EDINBURGH WITH AN EH POSTCODE :o

I lost the plat and went on about reputation and internet buying and fraud etc...

To be fair she was very apologetic - usual call centre trained to handle with angry people stuff (I know I'm an ops manager in one!) and she advised she would call me back in 10 minutes to get the guys number who the package ws to be deliered to and call him and apologise personally. I advised he needed the bumpers before Friday as the car was being resprayed and moaned on about finishing early, petrol costs to the depot etc...

She promised to call me back in 10 minutes - that was 2 hours ago...

and so the story continues.
So guys - where do you think my parcel will end up?

Ade
:?

wisewood
25-09-02, 12:43 PM
If i were you mate i would contact trading standards... because it seems to me that they are taking the pi$$ a bit.

Tilly
25-09-02, 01:39 PM
How rude is that dont use them again

mix n match
25-09-02, 01:54 PM
Well i NEVER use them because the company i work for uses a caompany called INTERLINK EXPRESS and we have only had 1 minor fcuk up in 2 years of almost dayley buisness with them so thats who i use +theres a really fit bird about my age works there :D

Jim
25-09-02, 02:17 PM
I dont understand that some people in this world appear to have no common sense what so ever. I can't believe they can get an address mixed up, I could understand if they got a street number mixed up, but getting two full address' mixed up is taking the pi55. I know mistakes can be made, but that is absurd. Whats even more frustrating is that they made up excuses saying why it hadn't been delivered only to end up telling you the real reason at a later time. If it doesn't arrive by Friday at the correct destination then I would look at getting some compensation. Would it be possible to get Parcel Force to pay for a full set of Bumpers for this lad in Birmingham, along with giving you compensation for travelling costs and telephone calls?

Jim

ade
25-09-02, 02:59 PM
UPDATE

Rose in theor Leeds office still hasnt called me back. So I called them back to find out what was happening.

Got through to their Doxford Call centre - gave basic info and asked to speak to Rose or be put through to Rose in Leeds. They couldnt tfer me and advised to call back to see if their IVR will route me to their Leeds call centre. I asked if they can tfer me - she said not unless I had a direct number. I didnt. She advised that the parcel had left Edinburgh and advised it would be there tomorrow (Wednesday) I asked why was I told it would be there to 10am today as per the Glasgow depot Managers authorisation. She couldnt answer.

Called back again (1 hour in total on hold) spoke to a guy loaded with the cold who advised me he couldnt help (he was in Doxford too!) - he took my consignment number and advised that all the details of the package were missing!!!

I asked him to explain what he meant. he advised that there was nothing on the system at all for thre package. I asked did he mean they had lost the package - he basically advised that there was nothing on the system for it and he didnt know where it was. I said how can you lose a 6 ft high parcel that weight 15kg! He didnt answer...

He took my dewtails and raised in incident reference 1-159333150 and told me someone would call me back in 2-3 hours. I stressed the importance of this package getting to its destination before Friday as it was to go on a car to be resprayed. This had already been postponed once and weas not accpetable - he basically ignored my comments and advised someone would call me back in the next couple of hours...

Should be about 530pm ish - lets see shall we!

Ade
:evil:

wisewood
25-09-02, 03:10 PM
i hope you are gonna make sure you get your money back ade - because as it is you have paid for 48 hour delivery and got closer to 480 hour delivery.

lowasfcukSR
25-09-02, 04:08 PM
alright ade its will (who has bought the bumpers) :D
i take it parcel force are still fcukin about ?!?!
i think parcel force deserve a right kick up the ass for this one !?!?
have they still not told you when they will be delivered mate :?
makes you think what a load of t*ssers they got workin for em.
:lol:
give us a ring or text and let me know how u get on

Freak
25-09-02, 04:14 PM
You can trust ade m8- hes not gonna rip you off.
Ive sold stuff to him before and hes sound.

Just glad those leccy windows you bought didnt go awol ade m8!

lowasfcukSR
25-09-02, 04:32 PM
i know mate, i trust ade all the way, spoke to him on the phone a couple of times, seems a like a sound geeza 8)
its parcel force who are bein w*nkers ?!?!
i just hope they manage to get them here before the weekend or i may have to put off the respray again :(
dont worry ade i trust you 100 % matey :D

wisewood
25-09-02, 04:56 PM
Ade - phone trading standards and write to Watchdog mate :D

www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog ?? probably the right web address... get an expose done about them... that'll show em.

ade
25-09-02, 04:57 PM
cheers will/slim!

5pm and I still aint heard from Rose or the incident team...

They have till 6pm before I blow a stack (not pleasent!)

And this post - lest just say that it shall be copied and sent to their complaints manager once this is sorted!

Will - let me kno via pm ot txt if they arrive in the meantime - I'm also off all day Thursday so feel free to call me should they show up 10am tomorrow (you never know - thats 48 hours since I posted them!)

cheers

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 05:32 PM
I lost a Mk2 rear bumper and a mk2 grill with parcel force, both were going to opposite ends of the country. It took months to sort it out (well still havent) i had to send both guys there money back and have never heard a word from parcel force.

One of the guys was threatining me with leagl action (for a ?25 bumper :? ) but he belived i had ripped him off. (i aint like that, would rip of a company but not a innocent person)

Parcel force are adament that both parcels were succesfully delivered, but god knows where (wisewood can you ask him) bit of a coincedence they both never turned up :!:

wisewood
25-09-02, 05:45 PM
The all seeing all knowing could not possibly interfere in such matters Lurk, he would give me several slaps for even mentioning it. lol.

Wish i could help...
I had to read that about 5 times - for some reason i thought, you thought i worked for parcel force... lmao. It has been a long day.

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 06:05 PM
ROFLMAO :lol:

Give people the power and they dont know how to use it :o

wisewood
25-09-02, 06:12 PM
it's like Luke Skywalker - first gets the teaching from yoda and can't do it - then in the end he is just a big bad ass...

I have the potential... :D

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 06:16 PM
Tilly will run scared now youve admitted you have a BIG BAD ASS

get some prepration h from the chemists mate it works on tattoo's :!:

wisewood
25-09-02, 06:33 PM
It's alright mate - just the way I like 'em - scared and running away. :D
joking...

My ass may be big - but it aint that bad...

ade
25-09-02, 08:37 PM
25/09/02 - 20.30pm.

Well, Parcel force have not called me back - the incident report logged earlier in the day has not resulted in a rturned call and the elusive rose from leeds call centre has not called me either. :evil:

This I feel could turn into another "big ade garage" report...

I'm off all day tomorrow so lets see whether they call me then...

Ade
and oh look - a flying pig!!!

?Marty?
26-09-02, 12:27 AM
I think you should pm me, i'll meet you somewhere dark and sell you a sawn-off. Then you should use that to go and hold parcelforce hostage till your parcel is delivered.

lowasfcukSR
26-09-02, 08:44 AM
BUMPERS HAVE ARRIVED !!!!!! :D
finally the long awaited bumpers have arrived, parcel force must of finally learnt how to read and have delivered them to the right place :lol:
still think they should give some kind of componsation :evil:
cheers ade for sortin it all out mate, much appreciated
:D

wisewood
26-09-02, 10:29 AM
and just when i t was starting to get interesting too... :D
Good that it is resolved though - now ade only has to get his money back for the hassle and it clearly wasn't delivered within the 48 hours they charged you for - you would have been better taking it to him yourself.

ade
26-09-02, 11:18 PM
DAMN RIGHT I'M HUNTING FOR COMPENSATION!

Rose phoned me this morning at 10am to advise me that they had left the edinburgh depot and were tracked to Birmingham - I brought her upto date after Will texted me to advise they had arrived

SHE DIDNT EVEN KNOW!

LOL!

All I gotta do now is copy and paste this into a letter and send it to their customer complaints office.

Then wait about 6 months...

"Tuna" I enjoy this game! :D

Ade
:D