PDA

View Full Version : Alarms

Adam Moran
24-09-02, 11:13 PM
Right, I have to have one of these!!

I am looking at either the TOAD C5T2 or the COBRA 3193.
I leaning towards the cobra though because it's the alarm and immobiliser and you get free VSIB fitting for ?189!!

What do you guys think?

AJ

Ben (lurk75)
24-09-02, 11:38 PM
is the cobra Cat 1 rated cause if your spending that kind off money you should insist on it.

Talking from experience the Toad is quality and if fitted correctly you wont ever have any problems. Although they are a tad dearer than the Cobra... But you get what you pay for. (stay away from Cliffords)

Adam Moran
24-09-02, 11:48 PM
No its not Thatcham ;-( But looking in the mag and going on your advice TOAD do the compact C2 with Immobiliser for ?139.95 but then i have to get it fitted. Any ideas what this should cost?

Ben (lurk75)
24-09-02, 11:53 PM
about ?40-50 for fitting, so this would work out about the same as the cobra, it is not worth fitting an alarm that isnt thatcham approved (might as well fit an easyfit for ?25). By fitting a approved system you will save on insurance (not much about 5% i think). You can get a Cat 1 fitted for about ?200 look in the back pages of car mags not at Gap as they charge top money.

Ric 16v
25-09-02, 05:39 PM
toad and cobra alarms are shit !!!!!! I'v had them both on my car (not at the same time) and they kept fucking up on a regular basis, got a clifford and had it for nearly 6 months now and it hasn't fucked up at all unlike the other crappy shit ones !!!! TRUST ME go with a clifford, may be a little expensive but it is TOP QUALITY believe me !!!! and you have the option to add extras to it, there will be alot of people on here that has cliffords and they will say the same

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 05:56 PM
Rusty i could get round your Clifford in abot 10 mins without it even going off, they try to make them so difficult that they forgot the easy stuff :!:

I have fitted all of them to peoples cars and i rate Toad very highly and have never heard of anyone who has had problems before, but then as i said before it depends who has fitted it :!:

Ric 16v
26-09-02, 11:26 AM
AS IF u can get round a clifford without it going off !!!!! I'v got an advantguard 4 on my car and when u get close to the window it chirps at u (warning tone) and if u stay next to it as if u were going to break into it the alarm would sound so u wouldn't be able to get round it SO DON'T BULLSHIT !!!!!!

Ben (lurk75)
26-09-02, 05:16 PM
:arrow: Do you know me-NO :!:

:arrow: Do you know how many alarms i have fitted to how many different makes of cars-NO :!:

:arrow: Do i give a sh*t what you think-NO :!:

:arrow: Cliffords are a peice of p*ss to bypass, as i said they try to make them so complicated they forget the easy stuff, if your alarm is fitted by a VSIB installer it will be easy, if its fitted by yourself it can be a bit more awkward due to its your car and you take more care and hide things better and put things in the wrong places. You can bet 99% of the time where a VSIB will install a clifford to a Nova.

Obviously you are going to take offence to this as you have spent a fortune on what you belive to be the best and i am telling you it aint worth a w*nk.

As i always state i give MY opions on this site if you wish to believe me or not thats your choice. I couldnt care less. If you ever meet me and you got your car on you and you dont mind having your alarm ripped apart i will show you just how easy it is. i know that there are other people on this site that know how to get around Cliffords with just as much ease.

Just a point though DONT accuse me of talking bullsh*t when you dont even know the facts, as this is likely to offend me and maybe others :!:

Ric 16v
26-09-02, 08:34 PM
whatever !!!!!!! I now know that u r an alarm installer or something of that kind but if it was a plain ordinary thief trying to break into ur car they wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to get round an alarm !!!!! unlike u, someone that pisses about with stuff and fuck's it and then says I can bypass an alarm !!!! like I realy give a shit what u can do, I was just giving a bit of advice on what alarm to get

MattyWoo
26-09-02, 10:13 PM
Come on lads calm down,
People are always gonna have a difference of opinion, for example my mate hates vauxhalls (he has a seat) i hate seats!!! End of story.
You can only give the geeza your own personal advice and hope he acts on it.
Theres no point in arguing!!!!

Ben (lurk75)
27-09-02, 04:25 PM
so u wouldn't be able to get round it SO DON'T BULLSHIT !!!!!!

Matty you are perfectly correct, but as quoted above is not advice, i was only putting my view across when i get my inteligence insulted for no reason, in fact that whole post by SRI16v was not advice it was basically having a go at me.

Most alarms would be destroyed (or need some major repair work) if the they are even attempted to get around as all a car theif does is find what they belive to be the power wires going to the immobiliser unit, tear em out and try threading them together, if they have got it wrong you have still got to repair these wires and then if it happens again then there is an obvious weak spot and instant starting point for the next attempt, so you are better starting fresh. that is why it would ruin yopur alarm system.